Centralized block swaps?

Page 1 of 1 (10 items) | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 9 Replies | 2 Followers

Not Ranked
Posts 3
Points 75
quilteronavon@att.net Posted: Thu, Sep 17 2009 11:06 PM

Does anyone know of any good centralized block swaps and how do I get in tune with them?

quilteronavon@comcast.net

• | Post Points: 65
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,445
Points 94,185
Judy Iliff replied on Thu, Sep 17 2009 11:16 PM

I notice this is your first post. Welcome to the QCA forums!

I was going to say that Bonnie Hunter's list does block swaps, but I don't think that's right. You might do a search on the Yahoo groups site and see if anything comes up.

Gillette, WY

• | Post Points: 5
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,584
Points 54,541
Sandy H. replied on Fri, Sep 18 2009 2:37 PM

Hello quilteronavon and welcome to QCA.  I don't know of any block swaps but I did want to say hello and welcome you to the group.  Hope you'll visit often and tell us a little about yourself and your quilting.

Southwest Florida

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,446
Points 127,674

I've never done a block swap so cannot help you there. 

I do want to say Hi and welcome to QCA quilteronavo, I hope we will see more of you.

Life is like a quilt...bits & pieces, joy & sorrow, stitched with love

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,768
Points 420,339
gini replied on Fri, Sep 18 2009 4:51 PM

i don't know of any centralized block swaps, but i've been involved with two that blog members organized.  it looks pretty easy to organize and execute but a lot of work.    once you get all the rules in place and a group committed to the plan, you need a central person to collect and distribute, or you pair up  people and they swap between themselves.   or you could organize a round robin.    i'm sure there are lots of ways to do it    gini

gini in north idaho

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,768
Points 420,339
gini replied on Fri, Sep 18 2009 4:51 PM

and i could get a list of "rules' if you want to organize one.   gini

gini in north idaho

Not Ranked
Posts 2
Points 10
quilty replied on Thu, Aug 19 2010 9:11 AM

There are all types of block swaps on the quilting forum on about.com.

Lucille

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,741
Points 436,790
Nana replied on Thu, Aug 19 2010 9:53 AM

I see that this is your first post and I would like to welcome you to the group.  Hopefully you will drop in and chat with us.  We all love meeting new people and learning about their quilting. 

Don't know of any block swaps but I see that some of the other ladies have given you some suggestions.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Thu, Aug 19 2010 11:48 AM

Our QCA group just completed a successful fabric swap with more now in the works.  Maybe it's time for someone here to advertise a block swap and see if there is interest.

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 26,124
Points 386,852
Kris replied on Thu, Aug 19 2010 3:51 PM

There was talk of a block swap a while back. I think most members were apprehensive about making blocks for others. The fabric swaps are easier; less work, less pressure to send "perfect" blocks.

Maybe we should start a group for fabric swaps and just start new threads for the different themes.

Page 1 of 1 (10 items) | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2015 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.