Page 1 of 2 (16 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 15 Replies | 7 Followers

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 605
Points 14,486
Tammy Posted: Wed, Apr 20 2011 7:32 PM

My days on the computer have been limited due to many unforseen things.  Knee is still tempermental but I get by just fine.  Walking on pavement is the worst but hockey is over so I don't have to deal with up and down stairs.  Husband and I have been out and about more these days doing different things.  He decided to invest in a semi and grain trailer, so that's bought and out of the way. Put up a pivot also, so let the spring planting begin---if the weather straightens up.  Our biggest thing happening this spring was that our two sons have moved out of the house and got one of their own in a neighboring town.  We moved them last weekend and as overjoyed as I was, I'm finding the house really quiet without them.  Still have daughter, 14, here and she's out for JH. track  and going into those "teen" years--heaven help me!!!  So quilting has been put on hold for the meantime but not for long.  I really miss creating something from a pattern.  Most I've done is patch jeans right now.  Oh, well, it will come.

With that, I would like to wish all a blessed Easter season for with Him all things are made possible.

Happy Quilting,

• | Post Points: 95
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,870
Points 181,808
Marie replied on Wed, Apr 20 2011 7:48 PM

Tammy:
I would like to wish all a blessed Easter season

Tammy, wishing you and yours the same.

Millbury, MA

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 26,124
Points 386,837
Kris replied on Wed, Apr 20 2011 8:16 PM

Thanks for checking in Tammy. It's good to hear from you.

Have yourself a happy Easter as well.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,693
Points 141,563
Stephanie replied on Wed, Apr 20 2011 8:52 PM

Good to hear from you Tammy. Glad to hear you are making progress with your knee and wish you and Hubby all the best in your new venture with the semi and grain trailer. I'm sure your son's will be home frequently and most likely with laundry in tow and opening the "fridge" in their first minutes home. LOL. Look forward to your posts, and hope you can be back quilting before long.....Happy Easter to you too......

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,768
Points 420,339
gini replied on Wed, Apr 20 2011 9:35 PM

tammy, it's good to hear from you.  i'm glad your knee is cooperating and getting better.   it's hard when your kids first leave, but before you know it, they'll be leaving their kids for you to watch.  and then life really is grand    gini

gini in north idaho

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,741
Points 436,790
Nana replied on Wed, Apr 20 2011 9:40 PM

Tammy

I hope you and your family have a great Easter as well.  Sounds like you have been really busy.  Good luck with the teenage daughter.  Those years can be tough but Mom and Daughter usually both survive....LOL>

Vinton, Virginia

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 11,658
Points 136,092
Leslie replied on Thu, Apr 21 2011 5:21 AM

Happy Easter to you also Tammy

[Ava, Missouri

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,184
Points 69,195
Robin replied on Thu, Apr 21 2011 5:32 AM

Tammy,

Hope your knee continues to heal.  I understand about the ds moving out. My oldest dd moved out in August.  Man was a I worried about how quiet my house would be even though my second child is a dd as well she is a lot quieter than her sis.  But the oldest comes home alot and calls daily so I don't have a chance to miss her much.  Thankfully.

I hope that you will have a wonderful Easter with a house full.  Good luck with the garden.

Robin

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 87
Points 2,420
Maria replied on Thu, Apr 21 2011 6:05 AM

Happy easter to all ;)))

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 552
Points 11,500
Adele replied on Thu, Apr 21 2011 8:01 AM

Happy Easter everyone, My kids are with there dad, so im not to sure what im going to do other then quilt and homework. (i just hate the end of semester mad dash)

Adele 

Grand Junction, CO

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 605
Points 14,486
Tammy replied on Thu, Apr 21 2011 10:15 AM

gini:
they'll be leaving their kids for you to watch

I definately understand this!!  Oldest daughter and husband moved to the immediate area in June of last year and we have our 4 yr old granddaughter daily. Her two brothers come when mom or dad come to pick her up and then the house is rocking!!!!!

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 605
Points 14,486
Tammy replied on Thu, Apr 21 2011 10:18 AM

Adele:
not to sure what im going to do other then quilt and homework

You will quilt, do homework and reflect on all the blessings that have been given to you.  Even though you may think you're spending Easter alone you really aren't. Your in a lot of people's thoughts and hearts, and the One that matters is there with you always!!

Happy Quilting, Adele!!

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,771
Points 65,968
Jeanine replied on Fri, Apr 22 2011 7:50 PM

I am looking forward to spending Easter with my family in Kansas City.  Haven't done that for years.  It will also include a baby shower for my DIL which will make it even more special.  We leave early tomorrow morning.  I guess I should be packing and doing laundry!!

Not Ranked
Posts 3
Points 45

Tammy, Your post is making me homesick! Can you tell me what town or area in NE you live? I grew up a Cornhusker and I tell people I bleed red and white! DH graduated from Iowa State, so we have a few interesting days when sports come around!

As for your sons moving away, don't worry...they'll be back to do the laundry and eat mom's cooking. They'd like folks to think they're mature and beyond that, but t"aint so! lol

Wishing you a blessed Easter, too. It's Friday, but Sunday is coming!

Dee in GA

• | Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,768
Points 420,339
gini replied on Fri, Apr 22 2011 8:51 PM

hi dee, welcome to the group     gini

gini in north idaho

Page 1 of 2 (16 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2015 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.