Page 1 of 1 (14 items) | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 13 Replies | 4 Followers

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,462
Points 49,885
Ginny Posted: Mon, Apr 18 2011 2:49 PM

Well, my daughter and I made a trip from Waterford, Mi to Grand Rapids, Mi yesterday. The winds were blowing in 30-45 mph gusts with snow squalls all the way there.  But what a wonderful time we had.  Momma and baby had just gotten home from the hospital and were all settled in.  Of course she is the most beautiful baby in the world.

And now today we had 2 1/2 inches of snow fall by noon.  Already it is starting to melt, but darn I didn't need to see any more snow. My daffodils are in bloom, my roses are staring to burst leaves, The tulips have buds.  Come on now snow, be gone with you!!!

Ginny 

• | Post Points: 80
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,696
Points 436,330
Nana replied on Mon, Apr 18 2011 2:54 PM

Ginny

Congratulations on the great granddaughter.  I feel sure that she is absolutely beautiful.  Just love cuddling with little babies.

Vinton, Virginia

• | Post Points: 20
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,110
Points 14,290
Dawn replied on Mon, Apr 18 2011 3:10 PM

Congrats Ginny!  How exciting!  How many quilts have you gotten done for her already?  LOL!  We had a dusting of snow on Saturday and I didn't really want to see that either.  Thankfully the Spring snow melts faster than the Fall snow!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,272
Points 413,624
gini replied on Mon, Apr 18 2011 3:12 PM

what a treat to get to see your new great-granddaughter, even in a snowstorm      gini

gini in north idaho

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,249
Points 172,978
Marie replied on Mon, Apr 18 2011 4:24 PM

Ginny, how sweet was that holding your great granddaughter?  Our Grandchildren are Gods gift to us grams!  Enjoy that little bundle of joy and give her a hug for us.  God Bless.

Millbury, MA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 11,649
Points 135,957
Leslie replied on Mon, Apr 18 2011 5:36 PM

Congrats on the new GB.

[Ava, Missouri

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,462
Points 49,885
Ginny replied on Thu, Apr 21 2011 10:04 AM

This is alittle delayed but I have a very bad flare of arthritis and neither my left shoulder nor my right thumb are letting me do much.. I haven't made any quilts for the baby yet.  she wanted to use the quilt that her aunt made for her when she was born right now.  I made a fleece blanket, an ultra cuddle blanket, 3 receiving blankets that have embroidery on them and 3 burp clothes. Plus I sent her the little newborn size Polly Flinders dress that she wore home from the hospital. 

The baby's name is Kelly May.  Beautiful brown haired, blue eyed baby .  Her sisters have blue eyes also and Kelly will most likely keep hers also.

I probably won't be posting anything else until this pain and stiffness go away.  I can't even hold the rotary cutter to cut anything out.

Ginny

• | Post Points: 50
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,272
Points 413,624
gini replied on Thu, Apr 21 2011 10:17 AM

ginny   i'm sorry you're having a flare up with your arthritis, i hope it goes away quickly.   kelly may has a beautiful name .   gini

gini in north idaho

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 52
Points 2,560
caroline replied on Thu, Apr 21 2011 10:17 AM

Congratulations ....What a good new

• | Post Points: 0
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,249
Points 172,978
Marie replied on Thu, Apr 21 2011 3:17 PM

Ginny sorry you are hurting and pray you will feel better soon.  GGD's name is pretty, tell her so for us.

Millbury, MA

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,266
Points 35,145
Granny M replied on Sat, Apr 23 2011 7:44 PM

Ginny, Congats on the new Great Grandbaby.  It is so exciting when a new baby comes.  Are you going to post a picture for all us Grannys

Granny M

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,266
Points 35,145
Granny M replied on Sat, Apr 23 2011 7:46 PM

Ginny:

I probably won't be posting anything else until this pain and stiffness go away.  I can't even hold the rotary cutter to cut anything out.

Ginny

I should have read further,  sorry you are having a flare up.  Hope it goes back to dull roar soon

Granny M

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 402
Points 7,370
Valerie replied on Tue, Apr 26 2011 10:12 PM

hope you start feeling better soon and congrats on the new grandbaby!

Valerie

Woodbridge VA

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,462
Points 49,885
Ginny replied on Wed, Apr 27 2011 7:16 PM

I am feeling a lot better now, but it has been a rough week. I had an echo cardiogram Friday.  That was difficult with my shoulder with all the pain, so my Dr sent me to the orthopedic clinic to have it evaluated.  Couldn't get in there until Monday.    Ohh, but then the Dr that saw me really worked magic with a steroid injection into the shoulder.  It stopped hurting before I even got out of the office. Now I have to have an ultrasound to be certain there isn't a rotator cuff tear.  He doesn't want me to golf until after the US, but my league starts Monday--- and so will I.  Shhh, don't tell the Doc. 

Then yesterday, I had to prep for that lovely colonoscopy that they want you to have occasionally.   That was today and there is so much that I want to do today, but I am not alert enough to not make mistakes if I sew and I'm not safe to be driving to the LQS, so here I sit ------frustrated at all this good time I'm having to waste and bored.

Ginny   

Page 1 of 1 (14 items) | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use