Top 10 Posters

What are you up to today? #3

Page 55 of 133 (1985 items) « First ... < Previous 53 54 55 56 57 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 1,984 Replies | 45 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,536
Points 417,914
gini replied on Tue, May 31 2011 9:07 PM | Locked

i am so glad sam is going to north carolina without me next week.  i don't like the heat so much.  

we will be in branson the 18th through the 21st ish.  not sure on the exact dates yet.  we're driving.   we are stopping at the quilt museum in nebraska.   are there any other "not-to-be-missed" things going on around there"?  either on the way or close to branson?   i might have a day or two on my own to explore.   gini

gini in north idaho

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 11,657
Points 136,077
Leslie replied on Wed, Jun 1 2011 1:48 AM | Locked

Gini, I don't know of anything going on, and as far as I know Branson only has one quilt shop, but several places that sell quilts.  But Branson always has something going on.

[Ava, Missouri

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,109
Points 109,590
chocake2 replied on Wed, Jun 1 2011 10:11 AM | Locked

Branson sounds like it'll be a lot of fun Gini. I'm jealous of your planned visit to the Quilt museum.

Marge, the birthday cake is baked and cooling. This time I made certain I grabbed the correct  bottle of brown liquid with a little red cap! LOL

Jr. got a shiney new bike for his special day. He's jazzed. He was out learning to ride it before the bigs even left for school. He ran Daddy through every puddle between here and the end of the block LOL.

Quilters are people who strip so they won't go topless.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,314
Points 154,618
Marge (AKA Dimples) replied on Wed, Jun 1 2011 2:14 PM | Locked

I hope you will post a picture of Jr's cake --- before it gets cut!  We always love your creations. 

Marge (AKA Dimples)

Griffin, GA

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,314
Points 154,618
Marge (AKA Dimples) replied on Wed, Jun 1 2011 2:17 PM | Locked

Well Gini -- I checked my handy dandy Quilter's Travel Companion and found one quilt shop in Branson, one is Branson West, one in Shell Knob, One in Ozark and 3 in Springfield.  If you would like more info on them, just friend me a message and I will fill you in.

Marge (AKA Dimples)

Griffin, GA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,314
Points 154,618
Marge (AKA Dimples) replied on Wed, Jun 1 2011 2:25 PM | Locked

This morning was my American Sewing Guild meeting.  What a great show and tell session we had!  We were on vacation last month so I missed the meeting.  I took my story book quilt top, my fall table runner, two aprons and my ugly fabric challenge dress.  I also had the two pillowcases to give to Donna that I made for ConKerr Cancer project.  Bert had a bunch of wall hangings and quilts that she had made to absolutely drool over.  Most of the gals had brought pillows they had made because they were doing a home dec. pillow making event today.   Before the meeting started everyone was going through a bunch of home decorator fabric samples someone had given our chapter and filling up bags for projects.  I didn't get any since I still have most of the fabric that I got from my friend.  I skipped out early to run by the fabric shop and pick up the presser foot they had special ordered for me because I lost mine somewhere.  :o{  I had a coupon for 15% off batiks so I found 5 different oranges to use in the pumpkin quilt I am planning.  Yes Joni - I went to AST without you but if you want to go and get some batiks this month, I will force myself to go back. :o) 

Marge (AKA Dimples)

Griffin, GA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,536
Points 417,914
gini replied on Wed, Jun 1 2011 3:18 PM | Locked

Marge (AKA Dimples):
Well Gini -- I checked my handy dandy Quilter's Travel Companion and found one quilt shop in Branson, one is Branson West, one in Shell Knob, One in Ozark and 3 in Springfield.  If you would like more info on them, just friend me a message and I will fill you in.

thanks marge,  i probably won't be stoppping at many quilt shops.   i was more wondering about  quilt shows, interesting things around the area.  there are some indian mounds further south and a diamond mine in arkansas or maybe kansas, i can't remember which is south of missouri.  they're   too far to drive in a day and get back to branson.     gini

gini in north idaho

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Wed, Jun 1 2011 10:21 PM | Locked

That's right, Marge, due to her New Year's resolution, Gini can't buy anything at the quilt shops for the rest of 2011.  I'd sure like to be the owner of her LQS on January 1, 2012.

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,528
Points 31,105
Diana replied on Thu, Jun 2 2011 7:15 AM | Locked

A quilt friend and I are starting the East Tn. Shop Hop today.  We'll be hitting about 3 or 4 shops today.  It goes on until next weekend so have plenty of time to get to them all.  There are 12 alltogether.  Should be fun but have to watch my wallet, going to upstate NY in 2 weeks and the Burlington, VT show is on up there at the same time....hmmmmmm   Plastic will get a workout in the next month.  Glad it's been paid off this month.

Diana in East Tn.

• | Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,314
Points 154,618
Marge (AKA Dimples) replied on Thu, Jun 2 2011 6:04 PM | Locked

Gini - the only quilt show listed in my companion for that time is too far north in Missouri for you.  It's up in Stover.

Marge (AKA Dimples)

Griffin, GA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,314
Points 154,618
Marge (AKA Dimples) replied on Thu, Jun 2 2011 6:13 PM | Locked

Just checked the weather link and "it feels like 111".  Yup - they got that right.  No second walk for the doggies tonight.  They still have too much winter coat left.  I don't want them to get heat exhaustion.   

Marge (AKA Dimples)

Griffin, GA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,536
Points 417,914
gini replied on Thu, Jun 2 2011 7:53 PM | Locked

thanks marge, maybe we can catch it coming or going     gini

gini in north idaho

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,109
Points 109,590
chocake2 replied on Thu, Jun 2 2011 9:13 PM | Locked

Marge (AKA Dimples):
Just checked the weather link and "it feels like 111".

You're kidding, right? Bring the doggies here if you need relief from the heat! It's rained all day and our high wasn't more then about 50. Between the constant rain and the cool temps, I've about given up on planting my garden this year. It'll be hard pressed to be big enough to harvest by Labor Day now...

Quilters are people who strip so they won't go topless.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,314
Points 154,618
Marge (AKA Dimples) replied on Thu, Jun 2 2011 9:50 PM | Locked

Actual temp was 96.  Dogs have been soaking in their pool.

My folks used to start their plants in a "cold frame" made with old recycled window sashes when we lived in Chicago.

Marge (AKA Dimples)

Griffin, GA

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,770
Points 66,013
Jeanine replied on Thu, Jun 2 2011 11:33 PM | Locked

Took the day off to start packing up my quilt room and move it to higher gound.  I have decided to move the furniture up to the first floor since I just bought all that nice Horn furniture a couple years ago.  I have gone through a lot of my fabric and consolidated, organized, thrown out, given to good will or others and then will move it all upstairs or at least about 4 ft off the ground.  We have people coming over Saturday to help move furniture and boxes to the garage.  I think I will set up my quilt studio in the dining room for a couple months until the water starts to go down again.

My quilt machine I am still not sure about.  I think we will get some concrete blocks to have on hand and then rise it up as high as it will go, put it on blocks and take the head and motor off when the water starts getting closer.  We live by a levee and I think that will hold.  but out backyard is already a swamp and we have a lake on the golf course in our backyard that we are not very sure about.  I think we will at least get a couple inches up to a couple feet.  I hope that is the worst case.  If there is a break in the levee, we are on a >10 ft flood plain so we will be basically out of luck!

Sooooo.....not quilting today. 

• | Post Points: 95
Page 55 of 133 (1985 items) « First ... < Previous 53 54 55 56 57 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use