Top 10 Posters

What are you up to today? #3

Page 54 of 133 (1985 items) « First ... < Previous 52 53 54 55 56 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 1,984 Replies | 45 Followers

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,372
Points 48,740
Ginny replied on Mon, May 30 2011 8:50 PM | Locked

Well, I have had a busy day.  Still working on getting the sewing room cleared out for the new flooring. Today I tried emptying the top shelf of the closet of old unused and outdated stuff.  Shredded 3 huge garbage bags of papers.  My daughter came and borrowed my rather new Janome as her old Singer gave up the ghost.  Sure didn't make as much progress as I thought I would.

Then my friend came over about 5 and we went for a nice long ride on his Harley.  This is the first time we have been on a ride this year because the weather has been a bummer here.  Now I'm all rested and relaxed and it's off to bed.    G'night,    Ginny  

• | Post Points: 20
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 179
Points 3,245
Amalie Simper replied on Mon, May 30 2011 10:15 PM | Locked

Well, those pictures are sure pretty.  We had a busy day.  We visited three cemeteries and watched a volleyball tournament and hung out with family.  It was the coldest memorial day that I remember in a long long time.  It was snowing in the mountains here this morning.  In memory of those that have passed on I took my rag flag quilt with me in the car and I clipped it today.  I am pretty excited about it.  It I am feeling good tomorrow I am going to finish appliqueing on the stars.  It did make me think a lot about those that have passed on.  Well, I am not feeling well because of the cold weather and the small three hours of sleep I got last night with my daughter teething, so I am off to bed.  Hope you all have time to do what you want tomorrow.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,110
Points 410,964
gini replied on Tue, May 31 2011 11:43 AM | Locked

gini in north idaho

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,110
Points 410,964
gini replied on Tue, May 31 2011 11:44 AM | Locked

for some reason, i couldn't add a caption to the above picture.  can you tell the boy's team got first in the playoffs?

gini in north idaho

• | Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,033
Points 108,610
chocake2 replied on Tue, May 31 2011 1:06 PM | Locked

A picture's worth a thousand words! That beaming face says it all, Gini. Way to go Wil & Team!

Today it finally stopped raining for a bit. In fact, the sunshine pouring through the curtains woke me this morning - I actually thought one of the kids had a flashlight pointed at me, it's been so long since we had a clear morning. LOL. I spent the AM mowing the lawn (Well, the top half, anyway. DD can do the lower half after school. We have a whole half block, so it's a chore), then went and got 'mown' myself. I was do for my annual haircut. The hairdresser took off about 4". Sure feels a lot lighter! What a great way to loose weight! :D

Tomorrow is Jr.s B-day. I was scheduled to work, but the rain has made getting to the quarry impossible, so there's no longer any need for me to go in. I'm glad I get to spend is special day with him. He wants a chocolate "Cars" cake.  Why can't they ever ask for something simple...?

Quilters are people who strip so they won't go topless.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,110
Points 410,964
gini replied on Tue, May 31 2011 1:14 PM | Locked

chocake2:
He wants a chocolate "Cars" cake.  Why can't they ever ask for something simple...?

because he knows mom is up to the challenge?

gini in north idaho

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,314
Points 154,598
Marge (AKA Dimples) replied on Tue, May 31 2011 1:54 PM | Locked

CC - Remember vanilla not soy sauce!

Marge (AKA Dimples)

Griffin, GA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,314
Points 154,598
Marge (AKA Dimples) replied on Tue, May 31 2011 1:55 PM | Locked

Congrats to Wil and team.  By the way, did you post that link to you violin clip and I missed it??

Marge (AKA Dimples)

Griffin, GA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,110
Points 410,964
gini replied on Tue, May 31 2011 1:58 PM | Locked

no, i couldn't figure it out. i think it is on my facebook, but you need a facebook account to see it  

gini in north idaho

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,394
Points 27,280
Ms MoomMist replied on Tue, May 31 2011 2:50 PM | Locked

Hope y'all recovered from the long weekend. Well, I'm up to almost nothing today. Been up since 4:30, tried to get a short nap, but couldn't. Too many things on my mind. Early, 9:30 DH and I headed out to Perkins for breakfast, then to Staples for some mech pencils. and a new mouse; then over to Joann's for buttons to finish Jodie Davis' table runner "Candy Flowers" and then we figured we would go to Sam's club.

While at the restaurant, he ran into a co-worker from many years ago, and it went on and on until I finally said, I'm out of air well almost. Then at Staples I had a rewards coupon and still spent too much. The really kicker was Joann's... I got 3 rolls of batting, a large cutting mat for my Accuquilt all for 40% off, and a 40% off coupon for a $5.00 pack of buttons. Anyway, got home, put away the groceries, tried to nap, when I decided if I want to finish that table runner I'd better get at it instead of sleeping -- oh sure -- the ole sign on my forehead is still blinking --- "sucker" "sucker". All the buttons, now, I'm talking close to $20.00 worth of buttons were no where to be found.. DH doubled check the trunk, the backseat, the floor... no buttons... where were they, at Joann's of course. The bimbo rang them up and dropped them in a little bag and forgot to put them in the big bag or to hand them to me... I'm so angry ... Oh yes they are here!... a 15 round trip out there again . What is with all the incompetants? Does it run rampent or do I live on a different planet?

Well, perhaps I deserve it as there are a ridiculous amount of buttons on that runner and I spent most of yesterday afternoon, appliquéing to get it ready for them.

Oh sigh, that is what I'm up to today. with beautiful 94 deg weather, hot and humid with more thunderstorms head eastward from the plains.

Hope y'all had a better day.

xoxoxo

• | Post Points: 5
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 179
Points 3,245
Amalie Simper replied on Tue, May 31 2011 3:34 PM | Locked

yay!!!  Oh, he looks happy and it is nice to have a great end of a season.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,040
Points 169,828
Marie replied on Tue, May 31 2011 4:25 PM | Locked

WTG Wil!

Millbury, MA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 11,649
Points 135,942
Leslie replied on Tue, May 31 2011 5:02 PM | Locked

WTG Wil, and team

[Ava, Missouri

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 402
Points 7,370
Valerie replied on Tue, May 31 2011 5:44 PM | Locked

Congrats to Wil and his team! We have been in heat advisory for a few days and it is still supposed to be hot tomorrow as well. Tomorrow I have a quiz so been studying for that. I have mostly been cross stitching bookmarks for different causes, but am making HST for a small baby quilt for the tornado victims. Perhaps I might be able to make a bigger quilt top (I have yet to make anything really bigger than a baby one or small child), which someone else in my guild can quilt.

Valerie

Woodbridge VA

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,033
Points 108,610
chocake2 replied on Tue, May 31 2011 5:55 PM | Locked

Marge (AKA Dimples):

CC - Remember vanilla not soy sauce!

RIGHT!! I think I got it.

Quilters are people who strip so they won't go topless.

Page 54 of 133 (1985 items) « First ... < Previous 52 53 54 55 56 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today Copyright ©2009-2014, Crafts Media, LLC ALL Rights Reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use