Top 10 Posters

What are you up to today? #3

Page 18 of 133 (1985 items) « First ... < Previous 16 17 18 19 20 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 1,984 Replies | 45 Followers

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Sun, Apr 17 2011 4:56 PM | Locked

What a good word!  If it's pronounced "frittle" let's make that the American version.

I had to do some frittling while putting the MQ blocks together.  Guess I'm still not a 1/4 inch master.

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 11,656
Points 136,082
Leslie replied on Sun, Apr 17 2011 4:58 PM | Locked

Ok Having a nice day today, it's about 80 here. Just finished planting 36 tomato plants, still have about 30 left in the cold frame. Put out white, yellow and red this year.

[Ava, Missouri

• | Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,314
Points 154,598
Marge (AKA Dimples) replied on Sun, Apr 17 2011 6:32 PM | Locked

I have spent the past two days painting out in the garage with #1 son Todd.  He is still out there fiddling around but my feet and legs gave out.  Too much up and down and balancing on ladders for this old gal!  We made some good progress.  We were concentrating on the area of wall and ceiling that will be effected by the installation of the garage door openers and the two new flourescent fixtures.   We probably have at least another weekends worth of work out there plus the soffit and fascia that needs a coat of fresh paint before the gutter installation.  UGH! What was I thinking when I took on this project????  I am going into sewing withdrawal. :o{ 

Marge (AKA Dimples)

Griffin, GA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,727
Points 437,045
Nana replied on Sun, Apr 17 2011 9:21 PM | Locked

I have had a wonderful day with my DH.  Went to church and then we went to the Gaither Homecoming Concert.  It lasted for 4 hrs and only had one 15 min intermission.  Beautiful gospel music.  Felt very blessed and heard some amazing singers.  Now I am tired and about ready for bed.

Vinton, Virginia

• | Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Sun, Apr 17 2011 9:36 PM | Locked

Leslie, white tomatoes?

I have my tomato seeds in peat pots, but none have sprouted yet.  I don't dare plant them outdoors until nearly Memorial Day.

Good luck painting, Marge.  Standing on a ladder that long would give me nighttime foot/leg cramps, for sure.

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,109
Points 109,590
chocake2 replied on Sun, Apr 17 2011 10:03 PM | Locked

Still snowing here. We have about 3". Most of it melted as it fell or there's be a pile of it!!

My mators  are just poking out of the potting soil. They won't be ready to go in the garden until probably mid-June  so it's really too early to start 'em, but I needed to see something green growing!  I planted black ones this year as well as my usual canner.  Wish I had a few yellow - so tasty!!

Nana, your day sounds heavan sent.

Marge, that painting sounds brutal. You'll have aches on top of aches if you keep it up! Be careful on that ladder.

My darned old virus is driving me batty today.  I started the day off itchy, but figure "ah heck. I'll just stay busy and won't think about it..." Long about noon i gave up on the notion. By then it wasn't the rash that was getting me but the fatique. I managed to do the viewing eggs with the kids, but only barely, before I tipped over and slept all afternoon. *sigh* So much for quilting anything today... 

I'm actually feeling a bit better now. We'll see what tomorrow brings. I know from past experience that my energy level is likely to be unprectable when this thing hits.  Truth is that I'm still not 100% convinced of the diagnosis. Shingles is supposed to be dreadful. As quickly as this bug responded to the anti-viral meds they gave me I know it is a virus, but aside from the rash looking like shingles, nothing else seems to match up symptom wise. I hope it runs it's course soon, whatever it is. I CAN"T be sick for Easter!!

Quilters are people who strip so they won't go topless.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 11,656
Points 136,082
Leslie replied on Mon, Apr 18 2011 5:34 AM | Locked

Yes Nancy, white ones lol. There are all kinds of maters, as CC, calls them.  I only use heirloom seeds, That way I am able to save seeds every year, seeds are getting to be very expensive like everything else these days.

[Ava, Missouri

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 11,656
Points 136,082
Leslie replied on Mon, Apr 18 2011 5:36 AM | Locked

CC, have you tried the purple cherokee mater, they have a great smoky flavor, really good in fresh salsa.

[Ava, Missouri

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,514
Points 30,780
Diana replied on Mon, Apr 18 2011 8:38 AM | Locked

Hi Y'All,    Boy, I got lucky this week.   DH went gold panning for 3 or 4  days and I get to sew all I want.   No stopping to have to make meals.  I can eat whenever I want...or not.  Lots of take-outs around and Papa John's delivers.  I'm working on a queen size donation quilt for the Sr. Center to raffle in the fall. Pastel yellow and sage green log cabin pattern.  One more log for each of 24 blocks and then start putting together.  Hoping it will be put together before hubby comes home.  Top that is.

Diana in East Tn.

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,109
Points 109,590
chocake2 replied on Mon, Apr 18 2011 8:47 AM | Locked

Leslie :

CC, have you tried the purple cherokee mater, they have a great smoky flavor, really good in fresh salsa.

I planted them a couple of years ago but the frost got 'em before they set fruit. Last year I planted Black Krim's and had reasonable luck. My green thumb tends to be a tad brown, so I take what I can get. Our short growing season (90 days if we are lucky) adds to the problem.  One of the local produce growers always has yellow pear tomatos and I can't resist them. Since I don't have much luck growing 'em, I leave that to the pros and buy 'em when I get the chance. :)

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,784
Points 30,506
Joni replied on Mon, Apr 18 2011 8:53 AM | Locked

That's where an extension roller comes in handy!  Know how you feel when the legs get sore and cramp up.  If you have some muscle relaxers or alleve take them, they really help those owees to relax.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,727
Points 437,045
Nana replied on Mon, Apr 18 2011 12:57 PM | Locked

delete

Vinton, Virginia

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,727
Points 437,045
Nana replied on Mon, Apr 18 2011 12:59 PM | Locked

I am going to try this again.   If the link works you should listen to this....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NqMWvNlMo-4

Vinton, Virginia

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,109
Points 109,590
chocake2 replied on Mon, Apr 18 2011 3:33 PM | Locked

Wow, busy day. I had a meeting first thing, then home for a few hours to catch up on the chores I neglected all weekend, then off to take down the student art and get it ready for return to the schools (Sad to see the show end for another year) and home again to finish folding laundry before the bigs get home and we start on the homework thing... 

I did manage to take my machine off the frame this morning. Hubby took Jr out to run a few errands, so I hurried and made bunny bags for Sunday. Now all I hve to do is fill them with goodies so they are ready for the Easter Bunny's visit. I was worried I wouldn't get them done. It's so hard to find time without my little helper!

I used the HotDog pillowcase pattern, scaled down,  for the bags. I had 3 fabrics, so each bag got each of them but in a different order: one is blue with an orange cuff and pink trim, one is pink with a blue cuff and orange trim and the 3rd is orange with a pink cuff and blue trim.  I wish I'd used purple instead of pink, but I guess the boys will just have to deal with it. If there had been time, an Easter themed applique sure would be a cute way to jazz them up!!  Maybe next year...

DD made her friend a necklace earring set for her birthday. She's giving it to her in school today. I am looking forward to hearing how it was recieved.

Not much else to report. Hope everyone is havin' a Pieceful day. ;)

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,314
Points 154,598
Marge (AKA Dimples) replied on Mon, Apr 18 2011 3:45 PM | Locked

Forgot how much easier it is for me to quilt than to sew garments.  I  have spent the whole day fussing with making a jacket.  I still have to get the last sleeve in and do the hemming.  AND it was an "easy" pattern.  I still have a dress and another jacket cut out to make.  Since the jacket is the same pattern as the one I am working on now maybe it will be easier the second time around.  At least I can hope.  The dress looks a bit more complicated but at least there are no sleeves to set in.  I need to get it done by May 4th for my sewing guild meeting.  

Marge (AKA Dimples)

Griffin, GA

Page 18 of 133 (1985 items) « First ... < Previous 16 17 18 19 20 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use