Top 10 Posters

What are you up to today? #3

Page 17 of 133 (1985 items) « First ... < Previous 15 16 17 18 19 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 1,984 Replies | 45 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,681
Points 179,378
Marie replied on Sat, Apr 16 2011 7:58 AM | Locked

Jay Marie, glad to have you back.  Sorry for your health problems and pray you are better now.

How nice to have your private shopping trip, hope you got lots of goodies.

Millbury, MA

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,736
Points 437,195
Nana replied on Sat, Apr 16 2011 8:52 AM | Locked

Jay-Marie

It is so good hearing from you.  Sorry to hear that you have been having health problems.  I hope everything is getting better and that you can get back to quilting and chatting with us.  Sounds like you and DH had a good day shopping.

Vinton, Virginia

• | Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Sat, Apr 16 2011 9:30 AM | Locked

Adele:
Im going online though University Maryland University College. Im working on a degree in Cyber Crimes and minoring in History

Cyber Crimes sounds very interesting!  How are you liking online learning?  I know some people miss the face-to-face interactions of a regular classroom, but I think if the instructor poses interesting questions and projects, and the students in class actively participate in the online discussions, then online classes can be every bit as interesting and effective as the face-to-face kind.

I'm not as fond of the kind of online class where assignments for the whole semester are posted up front and the class is treated as more of an independent study than an interactive class.

The last time I took an online class, I wasn't involved in anything like QCA.  I'm afraid that for me, I would find quilting discussions easily pulling me off task from my assignments.  Good luck with your studies!

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 823
Points 12,720
jay-marie replied on Sat, Apr 16 2011 1:43 PM | Locked

Thanks Nana and Marie  it will be good to catch up with evereyone and find out what you are working on.

We had a good speaker today she is an  artist as well as a quilter so she makes a quilt to copy a painting she has done and her work was beautiful. She had suffered from Bi polar and is in a good place now and does not need any more pills. Her daughter was with her and she was so good with her Mum even though she was only around 16. It is lovely to see her being so helpful and taking a lot of stress off her Mother by doing all the sales and helping to show the paintings and quilts.

Must go now DH wants us to watch a movie.

Hampshire, England

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,784
Points 30,506
Joni replied on Sat, Apr 16 2011 1:47 PM | Locked

I went back to school at 50+ to learn computers, when I quit working at 40 there were no computers, 10 years later when I wanted to rejoin the work force...zowee!  I had to learn keyboarding and Word Perfect!  Got the job I went back to school for, and the first thing I had to do was work in Harvard Graphics...talk about learning on the fly!

Praise God I'm now retired!  Life is truly a dream come true. It doesn't getmuch better!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,681
Points 179,378
Marie replied on Sat, Apr 16 2011 3:30 PM | Locked

Joni:
Praise God I'm now retired!  Life is truly a dream come true. It doesn't getmuch better!

Amen to that Joni!

Millbury, MA

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,109
Points 109,590
chocake2 replied on Sat, Apr 16 2011 10:06 PM | Locked

One thing about it, Adele, Cyber Crimes aren't likely to go away anytime in the near future. You've chosen a solid field of study, with lots of potential avenues!

A nice happy day today. Hubby had a day off today, one of his rare weekend-weekends, so it was a designated family day. During the school year the kids miss out on seeing Daddy on his days off, so these days are a special treat for all of us. We were all rather tired this week so we took it easy and mostly just hung out together.

My un-Mom made each of the kids a new quilt and sent them this week (She said she wanted then to have some they could drag around and wear out - not nice like the ones I make. Silly Mom!!  LOL) . They are already very much loved (DD stated that wrapping up in hers was just like getting a hug from Grandma). They begged to sleep on the floor with them last night. When I got up this morning their was a puppy pile of quilts and kids in front of the fireplace.  :D  What treasures!

I made some progress with the graduation quilt today. I quilted it as far as I could on the frame, so now it's off and ready for me to fix the backing and finish up (Still mad at myself for messing that up! GRrr). Hopefully I'll get that done in the next day or so. On the brightside, the tuckies I was worried about aren't nearly as bad as I thought they were going to be and I don't have to re-do half the quilting. funny how taking it off the frame and letting it relax a bit made them fade into oblivian...

I made a new quilty friend today too. Turns out that the lady we may be buying the house from does some piece-work. OUr mutual friend told her to ask me for help when she got stuck and now my e-mail is full of our back-and-forth. :)

Quilters are people who strip so they won't go topless.

• | Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,736
Points 437,195
Nana replied on Sat, Apr 16 2011 10:12 PM | Locked

CC

Glad that the tuckies disappeared.  I was worried about you trying to take seams out of the Tshirt material.  It can be so tough to work with.  Also sounds like you have made a great quilty friend.  It would be neat to have someone close.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,536
Points 417,914
gini replied on Sun, Apr 17 2011 12:13 AM | Locked

jay-marie, it is good to hear your voice. 

i took a two day class this weekend.  i learned a lot about color, and i learned how to make rally skinny linesand curves.  great class.  rosalie dace our instructor was very nice and quite funny.  at one point, she was discussing color and kept saying how turquoise looks good with car key. finally someone asked her to clarify what exactly car key was.    she said, "you know its like a green" and she pointed to a drab green,  car key and she spelled it k-h-a-k-i.  puzzle solved.  she really made us use our noggins, thinking about colors, and i'm pooped.   who'da thought a quilt class ccould be so tiring.  gini

gini in north idaho

• | Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,109
Points 109,590
chocake2 replied on Sun, Apr 17 2011 9:33 AM | Locked

LOL! Now we'll all have a new color in out stash. Thanks for sharing that Gini. I wish I could have been part of that class. It sounds fun.

My stupid rash is back and itching like blue blazes this morning. Instead of that one isolated little patch now it's spotty bumps all down one side of my neck and chest. They told me I'd probably have flair-ups for at least a few weeks, possibly even a month or more. I guess this is what I get for getting cocky and thinking I had it licked. Yuck.

I ended up withthe left-over sugar eggs from the kids crafts last week. It hik today I'll mix up a batch of icing and turn my munchiknis loose to make turn the shells into viewing eggs. They'll like that.

Walmart had magnetic beads in their crafts dept the other day. I've been looking all over for them. Now that I have them, I can make myself a bracelet. :)

Quilters are people who strip so they won't go topless.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,681
Points 179,378
Marie replied on Sun, Apr 17 2011 9:52 AM | Locked

CC, I'm happy you had a nice hang out day with the whole family, good for the soul.

Sounds like Grammas quilts got a lot of loving and are in for more.

Glad to hear the quilt relaxed when you got it off the frame.  Can't wait for pics when it's done.

Quilty friends are special, near or far.  If you buy her house will she still be near?

Millbury, MA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,681
Points 179,378
Marie replied on Sun, Apr 17 2011 10:05 AM | Locked

Gini, too funny car key!  I actually have a lot of car keys in my stash, I'll have to put them next to turquoise and see what I think.  Your colors in your #6 & #7 in the pics you posted were DI NO MITE!  They looked like batiks?  Wish I were near you so I could've taken that class with you, looks like fun.  On second thought, I'd have probably pooped out after the first half hour!  LOL

Millbury, MA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,681
Points 179,378
Marie replied on Sun, Apr 17 2011 10:14 AM | Locked

CC, sorry your rash is back.  An aunt of mine used the liquid from the vitamin E tablets to help with the itch and she said it helped.  Check it out online to see if this is valid, hope it helps.

Millbury, MA

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,132
Points 28,645
Wendy replied on Sun, Apr 17 2011 2:56 PM | Locked

It is a rainy day here in  Northern Utah. at least there is no snow.  Can't sew much. I spent the day yesterday packing up the sewing room in boxes. I can't wait to start tearing down walls and refinishing the wood floor.  It will be spectacular when it is redone.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,536
Points 417,914
gini replied on Sun, Apr 17 2011 3:41 PM | Locked

oh, and i learned a new word in class.  vrettle   it's pronounced frittle, it means loosely  "to fiddle with" only more emphatic.  our instructor was from south africa and she used it to describe an extreme measure of fiddling with quilt pieces to get them to co-operate.   vrettle, my new quilting word. i seem to do more than my share of vrettling.    gini

gini in north idaho

Page 17 of 133 (1985 items) « First ... < Previous 15 16 17 18 19 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use