Top 10 Posters

What are you up to today? #3

Page 15 of 133 (1985 items) « First ... < Previous 13 14 15 16 17 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 1,984 Replies | 45 Followers

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,039
Points 108,700
chocake2 replied on Thu, Apr 14 2011 7:45 PM | Locked

Boy oh boy. It was a lo-o-ong day. We went to town this morning. While we were in town we stopped off at one of those awful discount book stores (I hate the places - they put good book stores out of business, so now they are the only game in town, and mostly they carry garbage). I got a couple of Jennifer Chiverani books. I haven't read any of her stuff, but after 'listening' to you all chatter, I thought I'd see what they area about. I've set them aside as a reward when I finish the graduation quilt.

We stopped at the farm and ranch supply and Jr got to pet the baby ducks and chicks. They are all so cute! Too bad they grow up...

I splurged on new shoes. I hope the new footgear eases my back-ache so I can stand at the quilt frame longer. I'm pretty sure part of my problem is the worn out shoes I've been slobbing around in.

MiL has gotten it in her head that when we do that, she should get to babysit Jr. This time we sorta snuck outa Dodge and took him with us. Just our luck, she decided to 'drop in' today and found us gone. BUSTED!!  Why do I feel guilty about it??

Quilters are people who strip so they won't go topless.

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,123
Points 411,194
gini replied on Thu, Apr 14 2011 8:10 PM | Locked

finally i can stop and take a breath, and get excited about tomorrow.   our guild is hosting rosalie dace, and  i am taking a two day workshop from her.  happy days.  

http://www.rosaliedace.co.za/gallery.html   check out her work.  i hoping to get some ideas for a background i want to make for a loon quilt.  it should be fun. 

my being out of commission for a couple of days, puts the entire family in a tail spin, which is good for them.  on top of that wendy's best friend has finagled sam into cooking spaghetti for two hundred on friday for a saturday dinnner.   he's been grumbling, and i told him to play nice, lori is a sweet girl, a little insecure, and has gotten herself in way over her head.  she is always late, did i mention that?  sam detests lateness.  i was already laughing at sam trying to diplomatically tell her she has to be on time tomorrow for cooking,  fat chance.    sam needs to help her.  she has a very active 4 year old and eighteen month old and no babysitter. hee hee hee, sam will  have to put on his cheery grin and buck up.   i will be chortling to myself all day, thinking about the grumbling spouse and disaster in my  house. it should make for an interesting couple of days.   what would we do without our kids and friends to liven up our lives?     gini

gini in north idaho

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,659
Points 435,490
Nana replied on Thu, Apr 14 2011 9:41 PM | Locked

It has been an extremely long day at my house and I think my bed will be calling very soon.  Couldn't sleep last night....finally went to sleep between 4:30 and 5 am and had to be up at 8:30 to get ready to go shopping with my daughter to be and her mother to get decorations and food supplies for a wedding next weekend.  Her mom and I are doing the cooking for the reception and doing the decorating.  Going to be a busy few days....LOL>   Came home and had to get ready to go to church to do my grief support group and then watch granddaughter play volleyball.  Finally got to eat some dinner at about 8:30 then help granddaughter with some homework.   Now Nana is exhausted and brain dead....LOL>   And worst of all I didn't get any sewing done....LOL

Vinton, Virginia

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,039
Points 108,700
chocake2 replied on Thu, Apr 14 2011 10:06 PM | Locked

Looks like we've all had a long day and a busy weekend ahead. Shall I pop the cork on a bottle and pass the glasses while we recoverr from today and brace for tomorrow??

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,659
Points 435,490
Nana replied on Thu, Apr 14 2011 10:21 PM | Locked

CC

Sounds good to me.....LOL

Vinton, Virginia

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,403
Points 45,195
Pat Lancaster replied on Fri, Apr 15 2011 5:44 AM | Locked

Yesterday was the first day of a four day weekend for me. I did some laundry and then some shopping. My DIL and I hit JoAnns and the mall. We stopped at Verizon and I got a new phone and we had lunch at Olive Garden. DIL has been having lots of morning sickness and not eating and she ate more than I did. Guess we need to take her to OG a lot. I was whipped when I got home. My sprained foot is better, but walking on it all day wasn't really good for it. But, I do not plan to waste a vacation day sitting round with my foot up. LOL

I have two DIL and they are both expecting. DIl 1 went for an ultra sound and found out she is having another boy. Her first one turns 2 in a couple of weeks. DIL 2 isn't far enough along to find out yet. This is going to be an exciting year fior this Grandma, first one due Aug 31st, second one due Oct 28th.

I am going to try to get to the LQS today, just because I can. LOL, probably better leave the credit cards home LOL. Plan to work on MQ4 and who knows what else, after all I am on vacation. Not as much fun as Nancy being retired, but I'll take what I can get. Happy Quilting

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 552
Points 11,595
Adele replied on Fri, Apr 15 2011 8:14 AM | Locked

Its so cold here so the kids are inside this morning, :(  I'm going to work on some homework and then sew a baby blanket for a friends baby shower. I'm hoping maintenance will come today and try to fix the leak above my tube. other then that im not sure what im going to be doing. other then house work yuck

Adele 

Grand Junction, CO

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,039
Points 108,700
chocake2 replied on Fri, Apr 15 2011 1:34 PM | Locked

HI Adele. It's been a while since I've seen any posts from you.

Hubby has been keeping Jr busy while i work on the quilt today. I made a litle progress. Somehow I managed to roll my backing not quite right and now that I am nearly done quilting it, I've discovered that I'm going to come out about 6" too short. I'll have to chop the bottom off and sew it on the top to make it fit. UGH!!

My tomato seedlings are starting to sprout. I love having little green babies poking out of the dirt. I plan to have the kids plant their pumpkins this weekend..if i can remember! I forgot last weekend.

DD and I will go up to the foundry for a bit this afternoon. My project has been master-cast. I can't wait to see the finished mold and start pouring the bronze!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,054
Points 170,018
Marie replied on Fri, Apr 15 2011 1:52 PM | Locked

OK all you gardeners out there, my son wants to plant snow peas and was wondering how and when this should be done.  Y'all know I live on the east coast near Boston.

Millbury, MA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,314
Points 154,598
Marge (AKA Dimples) replied on Fri, Apr 15 2011 2:17 PM | Locked

Old farmers' wisdom always said to plant peas on Good Friday.  And the "old farmer" was in Michigan so I guess it would work for Mass. too.

Marge (AKA Dimples)

Griffin, GA

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,314
Points 154,598
Marge (AKA Dimples) replied on Fri, Apr 15 2011 2:18 PM | Locked

Hi Adele ---- what kind of homework do you have?  Have you gone back to school? 

Marge (AKA Dimples)

Griffin, GA

• | Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,057
Points 170,727
MNnancy replied on Fri, Apr 15 2011 2:49 PM | Locked

Marge (AKA Dimples):

Hey, Marge, I think she said "house work."  Unfortunately, I don't think that counts as post-secondary training.

No, Pat, a 4-day weekend can't quite compare to retirement, but enjoy your time off all the same!

My satellite Internet connection is horribly slow today, so this may be my only post.  It's sleeting right now, and snow is predicted for tonight, so I had to hit reload many times to make sure I could at least get the next MQ steps downloaded to work on tomorrow when I'm sure it will be too miserable out to do anything else.

I did drive over to the LQS to purchase a copy of EQ7 with my retirement gift money, so if there is no Internet later on, I can play around with the software.

Have a good weekend, all!

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,054
Points 170,018
Marie replied on Fri, Apr 15 2011 3:35 PM | Locked

MNnancy:
It's sleeting right now, and snow is predicted for tonight

Nancy if it seems as though I'm ignoring you lately it's because of those horrible "s" words you keep typing!  Stop it now!  Please type the nice "s" word "spring" and I'll stop ignoring you.  

You have a good weekend as well, except there is no such thing as a weekend for you anymore.  All week is a weekend!  Yea! 

Millbury, MA

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 552
Points 11,595
Adele replied on Fri, Apr 15 2011 5:02 PM | Locked

Marge (AKA Dimples):

yes i have gone back to school YAY, though i better since i have really no work experience (i was a stay at home wife/ mom since i graduated from high school in 02)  its so wired being 28 and in school, Im going online though University Maryland University College. Im working on a degree in Cyber Crimes and minoring in History i think LOL. guess I'm doing just about everything back words.

Adele 

Grand Junction, CO

• | Post Points: 110
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,057
Points 170,727
MNnancy replied on Fri, Apr 15 2011 5:04 PM | Locked

Okay, Marie!  On Saturday I'll SPRING my way over to the local library to use their Internet connection.  It turns out I can't use the EQ7 until I've activated it online, and it's not liking our putzy satellite feed.  I have been able to post a couple of comments here and there, but I'm now officially giving up for the evening. 

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

• | Post Points: 5
Page 15 of 133 (1985 items) « First ... < Previous 13 14 15 16 17 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today Copyright ©2009-2014, Crafts Media, LLC ALL Rights Reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use