Top 10 Posters

What are you up to today? #3

Page 14 of 133 (1985 items) « First ... < Previous 12 13 14 15 16 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 1,984 Replies | 45 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,314
Points 154,598
Marge (AKA Dimples) replied on Wed, Apr 13 2011 3:23 PM | Locked

Do you think a glass bullet would keep a vampire away???

Marge (AKA Dimples)

Griffin, GA

• | Post Points: 20
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,784
Points 30,506
Joni replied on Wed, Apr 13 2011 4:18 PM | Locked

Last I heard it was a silver bullet...that is if you believe in vampires.

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,108
Points 109,585
chocake2 replied on Wed, Apr 13 2011 4:33 PM | Locked

Nope. Silver bullets are what you use on Werewolves. Wooden stakes are for vampires. And Glass bullets work on Quilt police... ;-)

Quilters are people who strip so they won't go topless.

• | Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Wed, Apr 13 2011 4:54 PM | Locked

chocake2:
And Glass bullets work on Quilt police... ;-)

ROTFL  You're quick!

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

• | Post Points: 5
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,568
Points 30,579
Kelley replied on Wed, Apr 13 2011 6:40 PM | Locked

The Quilt Daddy:
send me the recipes.

Quilt daddy..

I have an easy dessert you can make...

1 bag of oreo cookies

1 box of cream cheese softened

Using food processor, crush whole bag of Oreos until very fine

Mix with hands, 1 package of soften cream cheese to the crushed Oreos

make about 1 inch balls with mixture and chill for about 2 or three hours in fridge

drizzle with chocolate or roll in powdered sugar and .. done...

These are sooooo yummy....

Kelley

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,568
Points 30,579
Kelley replied on Wed, Apr 13 2011 6:42 PM | Locked

oh   and I forgot to mention those are very fattening...lol..

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 3,771
Points 50,500
mars92 replied on Wed, Apr 13 2011 6:47 PM | Locked

Marie:

I love reference books as well but have so many.  Do you think these books would be a good investment in that case?

BTW, I mailed out the fabric for my BD block yesterday, thanks again for volunteering

Marie

I am like you- I have so many quilting books- and especially reference. But if you made me give up some and choose which ones to keep- Hands down I would keep The Quilter's Academy books because of the wealth of information they provide. Detailed info that I never knew.  What I like best about these books is they tell you "why" to do something a certain way. Or if you can do things more than one way- here are your options, try them all and pick which one works for you.  I love these books and will buy them all.

For example, in Volume 3- they have a section on batting- when I buy batting I always look at the suggested distance for quilting. Harriet and Carrie Hargrave taught me something on page 114 of their latest book Quilters Academy Vol III... " Many batting brands suggest they can be quilted 10" apart. We would like you to be aware of a basic problem with this misleading claim. What is being said is the batting will not fall apart if quilted up to 10" apart."  They go on to say........ they are not taking into consideration the wear and tear on a quilt w/ a limited # of quilting stitches.  Quilts are heavy and heavier when wet and washed and dried.  Basically they state to quilt them no farther than 3" apart.  And if we were to look at quilts that are old we would see they are heavily quilted.  I paraphased the last few sentences.

But I never knew that a heavily quilted quilt would stand up better than one that wasn't.  I am probably the only one.  They also had some fabulous info on batting. And I need to work through the exercises on triangles because I know that will really improve my skills in those areas.

I got your fabric today for your Birthday blocks, it is so beautiful.  Now to do it justice!  Glad to help out!

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 3,771
Points 50,500
mars92 replied on Wed, Apr 13 2011 7:46 PM | Locked

The Quilt Daddy:
I am in need of quick and easy bake sale items

Richard

Here is a favorite and easy recipe that most people love-

Peanut Butter Brownie Cups

1 package Fudge Brownie Mix (21- 1/2 ounces)

15 to 18 Reeces Peanut Butter Cups

Mix brownie batter according to package directions.  Fill paper-lined or foil -lined muffin cups two-thirds full.

Remove wrappers from peanut butter cups;  set one in each muffin cup and press down until batter meets the top edge of the candy.  Bake at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes.  COOL for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely.  Makes 1 1/2 dozen.

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,108
Points 109,585
chocake2 replied on Wed, Apr 13 2011 8:37 PM | Locked

Oh Man! Richard, I feel my butt expanding just reading all these yummy posts you've requested!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 11,653
Points 136,022
Leslie replied on Wed, Apr 13 2011 8:39 PM | Locked

CC, I think your bullets are great, you do great work.

[Ava, Missouri

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 789
Points 20,020
Carol replied on Wed, Apr 13 2011 9:59 PM | Locked

The recipes sound so good!  Somehow, I'm not hungry tho - had an EHC potluck lunch today, our Spring Fling meeting where all the clubs get together, and boy, do we have some good cooks, so it's great.  I'm too lazy tonight to do anything much, so I sat here and listened to the Legendary Quilters Interview - with Bonnie Hunter, on her website.  Boy, no wonder she gets so much done, sounds so very energetic and enthused, over an hour and she never quits!  If you haven't heard it, you might like to look it up.            Well, now back to the auction projects tomorrow, more ideas from today's meeting.

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 962
Points 19,541
Snowbird Quilter replied on Wed, Apr 13 2011 10:33 PM | Locked

Thank you everyone for your nice complements on my Granddaughters web site. 

She opens Saturday, and the annuals and perennials arrive Friday.  The green house isn't finished.  And it's snowing and cold out there.  Oh Boy!

A bed without a quilt is like a sky without stars.

Patty Mc  

Oregon & Arizona

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,364
Points 174,888
Marie replied on Thu, Apr 14 2011 9:20 AM | Locked

mars92:
Hands down I would keep The Quilter's Academy books because of the wealth of information they provide.

mars92:
I got your fabric today for your Birthday blocks, it is so beautiful.  Now to do it justice!  Glad to help out!

Thanks for your thoughts on the QA books.  I will give it some serious thought and maybe have a look at them at my LQS.

You are so sweet to volunteer to add to my BD blocks Marlene, thank you.  Hope you have fun with it.

((((Hugs))))

Millbury, MA

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,784
Points 30,506
Joni replied on Thu, Apr 14 2011 11:00 AM | Locked

Actually silver bullets, stakes, knives etc. will kill vampires and werewolves!  Originally it was silver nitrate that was the killer, hmmm, guess it all depends of which book, movies and folklore we chose to believe.

Personally I've always liked a CROSS and BRIGHT daylight, sizzle and burn, that does them in!

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,108
Points 109,585
chocake2 replied on Thu, Apr 14 2011 7:32 PM | Locked

Joni:

Actually silver bullets, stakes, knives etc. will kill vampires and werewolves!  Originally it was silver nitrate that was the killer, hmmm, guess it all depends of which book, movies and folklore we chose to believe.

Personally I've always liked a CROSS and BRIGHT daylight, sizzle and burn, that does them in!

Don't I recall something about sousing them with Holy water having the same effect??

Page 14 of 133 (1985 items) « First ... < Previous 12 13 14 15 16 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use