Page 1 of 133 (1985 items) 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 1,984 Replies | 45 Followers

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,935
Points 777,995
QCA Admin Posted: Mon, Apr 4 2011 8:50 AM | Locked

Hello,

Because this thread has become so popular, and receives so many replies (which can sometimes cause performance issues), we will continually add new "versions."

The most recent posts in What are you up to today? #2 are here.

The original thread was started by Spudgrandma back on August 19, 2009.

Thanks,

QCA Peg

• | Post Points: 350
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,108
Points 109,585
chocake2 replied on Mon, Apr 4 2011 9:17 AM | Locked

OMG!! We've filled up #2 ALREADY??? Guess we are a gabby bunch, huh!?

The forecast for heavy snow yesterday never materialized. We had storm warnings all day, but it only spit a few tiny flakes. Now the sky is very dark and it looks like was may be in for some "weather" shortly.

I'm trying to motivate myself to finish my niece's top today. I didn't get around to it yesterday. 'Don't feel much like tackling it today either. There are other fun things I want to do...  Please, Somebody crack a whip and make me get after it. I know i'll enjoy it once I start.

Mt Washpile is lurking in the back-ground, demanding that i start my weekly assent. I have no ambition for that either....  It must be Monday. Yeah!! That's my excuse.

Havea  great day ever'body!

Quilters are people who strip so they won't go topless.

• | Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,720
Points 436,870
Nana replied on Mon, Apr 4 2011 9:20 AM | Locked

CC

Ok lady here comes a big swift kick in the butt to get you started....LOL>   Come on get that quilt finished I know you can do it.  What does it matter if they don't have clothes to wear tomorrow...LOL>

Vinton, Virginia

• | Post Points: 20
Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 521
Points 10,009
Jean replied on Mon, Apr 4 2011 10:06 AM | Locked

Always need that kick in the butt Nana!  Today I am headed to the senior center to teach the 5th block in a six block sampler series that I designed for beginners.  Have info ready for three additional upcoming classes that I'll be teachiing and sign up sheets and info ready.  I have two samples made and ready for the first tablerunner class.  Hope to come home this afternoon and then work on some of my UFO's that have been growing out of control once again!!  Supposed to have "purse party" later this month so really need to get going on those!

Have a great day of quilting or whatever you are up to today!

Patch Up America.....Make A Quilt

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 185
Points 2,800
Meggov replied on Mon, Apr 4 2011 10:32 AM | Locked

Ok - I'm excited and have to share - I took the plunge into Long Arms!  After looking at all the unfinished quilt tops  and doing research for the past several months I put the deposit down on a Tin Lizzie on Friday and it should be delievered and set up in about 4 weeks!  I attended the Sewing and Quilt Expo in Schaumburg (Chicago) on Friday (Was supposed to meet Kelley on Saturday but unfortunately had to change my day to attend to Friday b/c of the Cubs game.  Hopefully we can meet up another time !)  Anyway the weekend was busy and I am behind on MQ4.  Getting the long arm is going to mean I have to rearrange my sewing area (basically half the basement) which means I have to do major throwing-out-of-stuff that is no longer needed Good thing it won't be delivered for a while!

Margaret

• | Post Points: 65
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,720
Points 436,870
Nana replied on Mon, Apr 4 2011 11:10 AM | Locked

Margaret

Congratulations on your new baby.  I know you will love your Tin Lizzie.  I have played with one of those several times and love the way it sews.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,482
Points 43,630
Vivian replied on Mon, Apr 4 2011 11:48 AM | Locked

Mt Washpile (vivian version)  will be getting higher.  The carpenters are coming to gut my laundry room so I can get rid of the scuzzy carpet (who puts carpet in a laundry room!!??) I tried really hard to get caught up over the weekend but I met with quilters, talked to quilters copied quilting diagrams and generally caught up with the important stuff.  Anyway, my quilting buddies will let me do laundry at their houses and I can quilt while I'm waiting.  Kind of a win/win.

• | Post Points: 5
Not Ranked
Female
Posts 6
Points 180
Lynette replied on Mon, Apr 4 2011 1:01 PM | Locked

Hi!

I taught a beginner sewing class to high school girls at the local charter school today. We made the Roll It Up pillowcase. Super easy and these girls did a great job. Next week we are going to start on a quilt. I also joined this awesome site. I'm really glad I found it.

Lynette

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,108
Points 109,585
chocake2 replied on Mon, Apr 4 2011 1:14 PM | Locked

Thanks for the kick in the posterior, Nana. ...It didn't do any good, but Bless you for tryng.

Meggov, I am jealous even before you get your LA and get it set up. Way to go!

Lynnette and Jean, Kudos for the quilt classes. Maybe you'll create a new addict.

I just came from seeing the Doc, and I am Pi$$ed! Well, Actually I stopped off at the county health dept to get a copy of Jr.s vaccination records so I could get him enrolled in kindergarten. While I was there, I asked if the nurse could look at this odd little rash I've had for a few weeks and recommend a way to get rid of it. She took a peak and sent me across the hall to the doc.   ...You recall how miserable I was a few weeks back with a virus I didn't have time for? Turns out I still have the nasty thing. It's Shingles. DingDang Dab-Nabbit!! I felt fine 'til they tol' me what it was. Not it hurts.  What'd they have to go and do that fer!??

I thought only old fogies got shingles. So much for that notion. This is just so.... unfair! I don't want it! I don't have time for this!

...On the bright side, it gets me out of seeing MiL for a few weeks... teheheheh

Quilters are people who strip so they won't go topless.

• | Post Points: 80
Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 185
Points 2,800
Meggov replied on Mon, Apr 4 2011 1:31 PM | Locked

CC

So sorry you got shingles! I thought shingles were only for old folks also but then a frined's 25 year old daughter got it.  she took an antibiotic and it was gone in about  week.  Good excuse for avoiding the MIL though!

Margaret

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,353
Points 174,683
Marie replied on Mon, Apr 4 2011 1:39 PM | Locked

chocake2:
On the bright side, it gets me out of seeing MiL for a few weeks... teheheheh

CC you are BAD, BAD, BAD!!!!!!!  I knew you'd find the silver lining in this. LOL  Sorry you have the shingles and hope it's just a mild case and be rid of it soon.

One of the "Old Fogies"    LOL

Millbury, MA

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,394
Points 27,280
Ms MoomMist replied on Mon, Apr 4 2011 1:43 PM | Locked

chocake2:

Thanks for the kick in the posterior, Nana. ...It didn't do any good, but Bless you for trunk.

I thought only old fogies got shingles. So much for that notion. This is just so.... unfair! I don't want it! I don't have time for this!

...On the bright side, it gets me out of seeing MiL for a few weeks... teheheheh

Shingles is similar if not the same virus as "chicken pox'... I had them once and they hurt like the dickens. Must be that time of the year. Both DH and I have a nasty  cold with a cough and the s--ty nose... It is terrible... so who has time to wash clothes or anything else lol!

Now, I've worked on DJ Papa Star block all morning and still cannot get it to measure 4-1/2" let a lone 5" I have no idea what the heck I'm doing wrong. Except 4 & 5 side is the reverse of the image or pattern.

Good thing I got EQ7 this morning - needed that to perk me up and my Stampinup order came also, so perhaps I'll take a break from quilting and do some paper crafts for a bit.

Hope y'all had a wonderful weekend and have a tremendous week!

xoxoxo

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,720
Points 436,870
Nana replied on Mon, Apr 4 2011 3:17 PM | Locked

CC

Sorry you have shingles but glad you have an excuse to avoid MIL for awhile.  And yep anyone that has had chickenpox can get shingle at anytime in their lives.  Hope yours goes away quickly.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,314
Points 154,598
Marge (AKA Dimples) replied on Mon, Apr 4 2011 3:48 PM | Locked

Nana - as a former nurse, you may know.  Don't they have a vaccine for shingles now? 

CC - I hope you are over them soon.  I had a girlfriend who got them when we were in our 20's.  I think she has had one more bout with them since then but then, we are both old foggies now.  :o) 

Marge (AKA Dimples)

Griffin, GA

• | Post Points: 50
Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 843
Points 18,935
Cindy replied on Mon, Apr 4 2011 3:56 PM | Locked

Hello All,

CC, so sorry about the shingles.  My daughter had shingles over the holidays.  She is in her mid thirty's and it really hit her with a wallop.   You can be vaccinated for shingles, I was thinking about getting the vaccination.

What am I up to today.  Well, since I am sort of caught up with MQ4, I did some cleaning today.  I cleaned the fish pond and it is true that only 1 fish survived the winter.  Poor guy looks so lonely.

Hope you all had a wonderful day!

Cindy

• | Post Points: 65
Page 1 of 133 (1985 items) 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use