Top 10 Posters

Did you work on a quilt today? #3

Page 61 of 136 (2040 items) « First ... < Previous 59 60 61 62 63 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 2,039 Replies | 54 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Fri, Jun 3 2011 4:19 AM | Locked

MMM.your table runner is beautiful.  I'm still working on my Dear Jane  blocks and FWS. and my butterfly quilt. I am getting ready to do the Mystery Quilt that  Quiltmaker Mag is doing ... and my block exchange for the Sept. retreat..So I'm keeping busy ...Some of the butterfly blocks are posted in the Fabric Swap  group under  butterfly swap.. Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

• | Post Points: 35
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,482
Points 43,630
Vivian replied on Fri, Jun 3 2011 12:04 PM | Locked

my husband and i went on the worlds fastest tour. We left home on sunday night and saw (not with ANY depth) southern BC, Spokane, Seatlle and back to BC for SIL 50th birthday.  The weather wasn't the best (hence the enduro run) but we will be back to visit again.  before I left home, i slammed some binding on four placemats so I would have something to work on,  well, contemporary fabric pattern with little ducky binding!!!  I just pulled a neutral out of my bin and quickly made some binding, didn't check to see what pattern on the white on white fabric was.  It is soo coming off.  I was actually very proud of the quick portable sewing kit I put togeather for this trip, to bad I couln't use it!!!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,397
Points 415,529
gini replied on Fri, Jun 3 2011 12:18 PM | Locked

vivian, i've been on that same trip before,  different locations, but same trip.   we used to go to whistler skiing every spring, and every year sam promised we would stop and see the tulips in the skagit valley on the way home.  every year we left too late  and it was night when we drove by the tulips.  one year, i must have been complaining a lot about not seeing the tulips in bloom.  it is dusk and sam pulls off the road so i can "see" the flowers.   it was so dark by the time we got to the fields, that i could tell that the fields were lighter than everything around them, but i couldn't make out any color.   so much for my trip to the tulip fields.   gini

gini in north idaho

• | Post Points: 5
Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 203
Points 3,135
Peggy replied on Fri, Jun 3 2011 12:48 PM | Locked

The quilt I am  working on is  a small door hanging that is patriotic.  It is a kit I bought years ago but never had the time to work on it. 

I want to use it on my front door.  should be good until the fall.

from Minnesota

• | Post Points: 20
Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 98
Points 1,490
LauraLyn replied on Fri, Jun 3 2011 8:36 PM | Locked

After reading about Wyatt's Work, I've decided to make a few preemie quilts for my local hospital. After I get that done, I'll be working on the quilts I'm hoping to give to each of the eight nieces for Christmas - two down, six to go . . .

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 19
Points 350
Vickievan replied on Fri, Jun 3 2011 9:21 PM | Locked

well I worked on a new purse yesterday.  I also made the 1600 inch quilt yesterday, but today i found a new app on my droid.  It keeps track of your (quilt) books.  I spent the day scanning ISBN codes onto my smart phone and watching the book covers appear.  I only found 3 duplicates! Now if I go shopping for books I will know which ones I already have!  Another thing the app lets you note who you loaned the book to!!  how many times have you forgotten to whom you have loaned that book??? While it is not actually quilting, it is very useful and very quilt related :-)  Now tomorrow  ummm quilting a UFO seems like a good project!

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,398
Points 119,581
Patti replied on Fri, Jun 3 2011 11:16 PM | Locked

Vivian :
before I left home, i slammed some binding on four placemats so I would have something to work on,  well, contemporary fabric pattern with little ducky binding!!!  I just pulled a neutral out of my bin and quickly made some binding, didn't check to see what pattern on the white on white fabric was.  It is soo coming off.

Vivvian, this is so funny!  It reminds me of the first mystery quilt and someone ended up with headless snowmen when the fabric was cut.  I don't think anyone since then has used a large print for a mystery quilt  that wouldn't look good if it was chopped up.  Actually I don't recall if we ever saw the headless snowmen, but the image in my head has stuck from the description alone.

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,520
Points 50,910
Ginny replied on Sat, Jun 4 2011 12:06 AM | Locked

Well, I kind of worked on a quilt today.  I went to the quilting group at the Senior Center this morning. Did a little show and tell on the string quilt  One of the gals brought in a quilt that was done by her Mom in about 1905, I was a spider web design. every square was a different color and fabric design.  All hand quilted.  Worked on some hand quilting on a commisioned quilt we are quilting.

Then I came home to try to get the rest of my flowers planted.  Got interrupted in that venture.  My Grand daughter called from Cedar Springs and asked if I would come and take my 2 month old great granddaughter home with me for a while.   She is in an emotional crisis.  My daughter and another granddaughter may have to take the 2 older girls.  They are 9 and 3  Probably for 2 weeks to a month.  Hope we can get everything worked out tomorrow.  Pray for us all. I am just glad that my granddaughter called and asked for help.. I never thought she would do that.      Ginny

• | Post Points: 65
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,397
Points 415,529
gini replied on Sat, Jun 4 2011 12:58 AM | Locked

ginny, i hope your granddaughter gets her world back on kilter soon.   it sounds like you'll be getting in some good baby cuddles in the meantime.  take care.   gini

gini in north idaho

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,398
Points 119,581
Patti replied on Sat, Jun 4 2011 6:46 AM | Locked

Ginny, I am glad your grand daughter recognized the need and called for help.   And that you and family are around to help.  Hope this resolves well and in short time.

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,520
Points 50,910
Ginny replied on Sat, Jun 4 2011 8:04 AM | Locked

You are so right, Gini.  I will be getting some good cuddles in.  Thanks for your good wishes.      Ginny 

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,520
Points 50,910
Ginny replied on Sat, Jun 4 2011 8:08 AM | Locked

Oh, Patti, you have no idea how relieved I am.  This Grand daughter has always been very, very protective of her children, so this is a big step for her to take in recognizing she needs help.   We are in the same state but but clear on the other side of the state from where she is, so it is a big deal for her to allow them to come so far.   Ginny

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,194
Points 15,975
Susan replied on Sat, Jun 4 2011 8:51 AM | Locked

Ginny, Will be praying for you and your family . So glad you can help out ! I know the love we feel for our our children, grandchildren is beyond words. God Bless! Susan

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,354
Points 174,688
Marie replied on Sat, Jun 4 2011 9:02 AM | Locked

Ginny you can count on my prayers for your family especially your DGD.  Let us know how she is doing from time to time.  God Bless all involved.

Millbury, MA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,314
Points 154,598
Marge (AKA Dimples) replied on Sat, Jun 4 2011 10:08 AM | Locked

Ginny you must know that there are so many of us that are praying over the situation.  Know that God is watching over the situation and He is in control.  

Marge (AKA Dimples)

Griffin, GA

Page 61 of 136 (2040 items) « First ... < Previous 59 60 61 62 63 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use