Top 10 Posters

Did you work on a quilt today? #3

Page 60 of 136 (2040 items) « First ... < Previous 58 59 60 61 62 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 2,039 Replies | 54 Followers

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 77
Points 2,320
sushi607 replied on Thu, Jun 2 2011 3:08 PM | Locked

oh how beautiful

• | Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,314
Points 154,598
Marge (AKA Dimples) replied on Thu, Jun 2 2011 5:55 PM | Locked

Finished up another reversible Christmas apron for a tea door prize.  By the way - I have decided to keep my fall maple leave table runner that I fell in love with after I finished.  I will make some kind of a Christmas table runner for the tea.  Guess I had better make two so I can keep one. :o} 

Been going through some of the bags of fabric that I brought home from Verna's.  I have pulled some out that I am hoping to pass along to others.  Just waiting to hear from them.  Celeste said she was going to come over and "shop" in my sewing room for some fabric to make some PJ pants out of for her and Jaimie.  I was going to set up my folding table out in the new garage and make some "sandwiches" but by the time I walked the dogs, cleaned their swimming pool, dead-headed all of the flowers and watered them and then raked up the pillow fluff that Mac had so much fun playing with in the yard, it was too darned HOT!  Welcome to Georgia in the summer.

Marge (AKA Dimples)

Griffin, GA

• | Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,414
Points 61,767
Joyce Brenden replied on Thu, Jun 2 2011 7:12 PM | Locked

MMM--

Love the combination of the calm blue fabrics in the background topped with the bright whimsical flowers.  Very nice.

Kissimmee, FL

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,736
Points 364,792
Kris replied on Thu, Jun 2 2011 8:15 PM | Locked

Ms MoomMist:
It actually a table runner from Spring 2011 - Easy Quilt- " Candy Flowers" designed by Jodie Davis.

Beautiful table runner Ms MoomMist. I love it.

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,394
Points 27,280
Ms MoomMist replied on Thu, Jun 2 2011 9:14 PM | Locked

Flo:

I just finished today a sawtooth star.  It is scrappy done in cream, brown and red.  It will be given as a gift to my husband's neice as a wedding gift in a couple of weeks.  It takes me months to finish one quilt if I work onit constantly because I am a throw back.  I hand quilt!

this is great Flo. I love to hand quilt and hand applique but have so many projects and do want to get some of them done before I cross over the bridge :o)

Sure would love to see some of your work

xoxoxo,

• | Post Points: 5
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,394
Points 27,280
Ms MoomMist replied on Thu, Jun 2 2011 9:15 PM | Locked

thank you gini! fits or no fits got to have some drama in my life! :p

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,394
Points 27,280
Ms MoomMist replied on Thu, Jun 2 2011 9:16 PM | Locked

Joyce Brenden:

MMM--

Love the combination of the calm blue fabrics in the background topped with the bright whimsical flowers.  Very nice.

Thank you Joyce!

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,394
Points 27,280
Ms MoomMist replied on Thu, Jun 2 2011 9:16 PM | Locked

sushi607:

oh how beautiful

Thank you sushi!

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,394
Points 27,280
Ms MoomMist replied on Thu, Jun 2 2011 9:17 PM | Locked

thank you Kris!

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,394
Points 27,280
Ms MoomMist replied on Thu, Jun 2 2011 9:19 PM | Locked

Marge (AKA Dimples):

Very pretty  Moommist.   I really like your center fabric.  Makes it look like your flowers are growing at the edge of a pond. 

Thank you Marge! So glad to hear that you are keeping that very pretty table runner for yourself and making 2 of the next one! I'd be curious to see how closely they are alike so be sure to post pictures.

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,394
Points 27,280
Ms MoomMist replied on Thu, Jun 2 2011 9:30 PM | Locked

JeanneMarie:

Such a lovely tablerunner, msmoonmist.  I haven't sewn for awhile, just too many things getting in the way.  But it felf sooooo good to hear the hum of the machine, although I'm working on a wall hanging.  Doing the New York Beauty, but was have difficulty with the curves and laying flat, so am trying a new technique for me called appli-curves by Elaine Waldschnitt, has any one else done this technique? I will let you know how I like it when I finish this wall hanging.

thank you JeanneMarie. Glad you are sewing again. I have a NY Beauty started in my UFO stack. I even took a class to do it via foundation piecing, but got sick so packed it away, maybe one to get started on soon. Good luck on yours. No, I've not done E Waldschnitts' technique ss I can't help.

xoxoxo

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,394
Points 27,280
Ms MoomMist replied on Thu, Jun 2 2011 9:33 PM | Locked

Ginny:

OOOOh, I really like the table runner.  I can see now what all the buttons were that got left behind the other day.    Ginny

Thank you Ginny! LOL now DH and I are laughing about it too!

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,394
Points 27,280
Ms MoomMist replied on Thu, Jun 2 2011 9:38 PM | Locked

Thank you to all of you for your nice comments about my table runner. Big Bro & S-I-L got here this afternoon and so DH and I gave them Tootie Fruiti. My s-i-l was tickled and said that she had just mentioned to Bro. that he 2 sisters who quilted and nobody had given them a quilt... too funny! (Come to think of it, nobody ever gave me a quilt) Anyway, she said she put it on the bed in their 5th wheel and for sure they will need it tonight because it is suppose to drop down into the 40's brrrrrr. It is hard to remember 2 days ago it was almost 90 and today we needed jackets and sweaters.

I'm off to bed now, good night and pleasant dream. If the good Lord willing and the creek don't rise I'll see you tomorrow!

xoxoxo

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 179
Points 3,245
Amalie Simper replied on Fri, Jun 3 2011 12:16 AM | Locked

nancy--I love that you have ufo's.  I love the energy I get somedays when I just need to get the projects done that I just pushed aside to start other ones.  I always fall in love with my creations a second time and I swear that I love them more.

Ms Moommist--I really do love your table runner.  I was just looking through the gallery and saw it and thought that must be the on everyone has been talking about today.  I get the emails from this thread on my phone and I can't see pictures, so I get so excited to look at what everyone is creating.  The buttons are so cool. My poor daughter...I do rush her to bed some nights because I can't wait to get some computer time, creative time.  (I never put her to bed though before she is ready for bed, so hopefully i am not too bad a mom)  I am so glad that the picture I was waiting to see was such a great creative boost.

I can't wait to post pictures of my latest shopping trip.  I found out that I didn't have enough fabric for my outer border for one of my quilts, and I bought the fabric I was going to use it like 4 years ago, so of course I couldn't just get more of it.  Instead I spent yesterday and today shopping for a new fabric and after going to many LQS I found the perfect fabric.  I have tomorrow off work.  I am so excited to work on it.  I just stayed up late tonight finishing doing laundry and cleaning the house to make sure I have enough time to work on it.

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 179
Points 3,245
Amalie Simper replied on Fri, Jun 3 2011 12:17 AM | Locked

oh I am so glad that you decided to keep your table runner.  It is just so beautiful and well done. 

Page 60 of 136 (2040 items) « First ... < Previous 58 59 60 61 62 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use