Top 10 Posters

Did you work on a quilt today? #3

Page 58 of 136 (2040 items) « First ... < Previous 56 57 58 59 60 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 2,039 Replies | 54 Followers

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,394
Points 27,280
Ms MoomMist replied on Sat, May 28 2011 7:31 PM | Locked

Oh I want to work on a quilt, but it is getting late, so guess I'll get a snack and watch some tv. Tomorrow, a lot of stuff gets moved to the sewing room, like the Accuquilt and all the dies and fabric so that we can move around when big brother gets here next week... It is so very quiet around here tonight. It is suppose to be our bi-weekly card night but dear M-I-L fell and shattered her wrist and is in rehab... oh my I'm sure the 4 of us are having withdrawals. Good thing big brother is coming next weekend. When they get here we play cards at least 3 times a day. Before lunch, after lunch or before dinner, and after dinner before bed time. I really hate to see them go home :o)

Good night all. Take care and the Good Lord willing and the creek don't rise, I'll see y'all tomorrow!

xoxoxo

• | Post Points: 5
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 179
Points 3,245
Amalie Simper replied on Sun, May 29 2011 10:10 AM | Locked

yay for finishing UFO's.  I finished three this weekend.  I am super pumped.  Only three more to go on my weekend off and I will actually have an empty box of UFO's!!!  I can't believe it.  I have been working hard on finishing everything I have started before working on the 4 summer quilts that I just put fabric and patterns together for.  Keep up that balance.  There is nothing better!

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 179
Points 3,245
Amalie Simper replied on Sun, May 29 2011 10:18 AM | Locked

wow the table runner is beautiful Marge.  I love the colors that you chose.   The leaves are so amazing.  So I am in project: use my fabric.  After reading Ginny's post I thought that I would mention this about myself.  My poor husband and I have moved 4 times in the last 15 months.  All of my craft stuff is in random boxes between our current apartment and our storage unit.  You know how you buy fabric for a project and then don't get to that project for over a year or more...well, my current project is to not enter a quilt shop until my birthday in sept and only use fabric from my house and storage.  It will be easier on the check book that I working hard to put in savings so that maybe we can buy a home  in the next two years and settle down. Wow, that would be nice.  My only exception is if I need more fabric for a backing on a quilt.. I may go in a store to get enough to finish that.  Hm...we will see how it goes :)  Hopefully if we have to move again it will cut down on the boxes that I have to move too.

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,314
Points 154,598
Marge (AKA Dimples) replied on Sun, May 29 2011 7:21 PM | Locked

MommMist - I can't even tell you what the fabric is.  It didn't have a selvage.  It was a bit of a pain to work with as it slipped and slid. 

Today after lunch I whipped up two pillowcases for ConKerr Cancer project out of some "paperdoll" border print fabric.  I had to figure out how to cut it to make the hot dog pillowcases as the print ran the wrong direction for normal cutting instructions.  I'll take them to guild on Weds. 'cause Becky will know where to send them.  Then I took a page from G'ma Kay's "book" in the show and tell gallery and cut up a cloth book panel and have started turning it into a quilt top for Project Linus.  The last row I was stitching before supper didn't match when i got to the end (sewing with a hot needle as my Mom used to say) so I have to take that seam apart and redo it.

Marge (AKA Dimples)

Griffin, GA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,314
Points 154,598
Marge (AKA Dimples) replied on Sun, May 29 2011 7:22 PM | Locked

Amalie's post reminded me.......... Gini, how are you doing with your New Year's resolution not to buy any fabric this year?????

Marge (AKA Dimples)

Griffin, GA

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,770
Points 66,013
Jeanine replied on Sun, May 29 2011 7:40 PM | Locked

I feel like I never get on here anymore but I've been a bit busy breaking in my new quilt machine.  Today I did a quilt that was my Granny's for my sister.  The fabric was so old and brittle I was leary of even quilting it. My sister just wanted it finished so she could display it somewhere.  The borders/sashing were SO wonky...not just waves but tsunamis!!  Nothing was straight or flat or even on the whole quilt!  I ended up doing some custom quilting on it because I had to be close enough to catch any issues I might have with it.  I'll get a picture up later to show you after I attach the binding to the front.  It really doesn't look that bad considering.  I never would have accepted this quilt from any other customer but her.  It was a challenge...and my 16th quilt.  I think I learn something new with each quilt I do.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,810
Points 43,674
Eileen replied on Sun, May 29 2011 7:53 PM | Locked

gini:

http://www.needlenthread.com/

check this out, i thought it was patchwork at first.

Gini, that took a ton of patience, but what beautiful results! Thanks for sharing :-)

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,810
Points 43,674
Eileen replied on Sun, May 29 2011 7:56 PM | Locked

Marge, the Fall table runner is beautiful! I say keep it & make something else for the Christmas tea.  When you plan your next project, see if you have enough fabric for two so if you like it you can keep one & still have one to give :-)

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,127
Points 28,535
Wendy replied on Mon, May 30 2011 2:54 PM | Locked

I have been working on the appliqué borders for the second Bible quilt this weekend. Not much else to do because of the snow and rain.  Sure wish it would turn to spring some time soon.  Have a feeling that there wont be spring just summer and flooding.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,669
Points 120,410
Judy Taylor-Bellingham replied on Mon, May 30 2011 3:09 PM | Locked

I'm playing around with blocks for our October retreat in Leavenworth. I have made a few and I think I like them. I know there is no hurry on this, but I tend to get excited about something and charge full steam ahead.

In the beautiful Pacific Northwest!

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 121
Points 1,825
Ann W. replied on Mon, May 30 2011 6:22 PM | Locked

I am busy working on a blue 3D bow tie wreath wall hanging. I'm hand quilting a teddybear holding a heart in the center and there will be a heart in each of the corner blocks. Will post a picture when I am finished with it.

Ann in Indiana

• | Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,314
Points 154,598
Marge (AKA Dimples) replied on Mon, May 30 2011 8:16 PM | Locked

That sounds cute Ann.  I'm looking forward to seeing it. 

I finished the top I was making out of that cloth book panel.  Now it's on to sandwiching and quilting it.  I found a piece of bright blue with fluffy white clouds on it that I am going to use for the backing.   Dave likes the way the top turned out so much that he's asked me to quilt it for his daughters new baby.  It will be about 40" x 50" when done so it's a lot bigger than the flannel one I gave her right after Troy was born.  Also whipped up a fleece pillow for the animal shelter and a pink flamingo pillowcase for my new body pillow.

Marge (AKA Dimples)

Griffin, GA

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 179
Points 3,245
Amalie Simper replied on Mon, May 30 2011 10:18 PM | Locked

Oh ann that sound really cool.  I can't wait to see pictures.  I actually cut out the stars for my flag quilt while I was at families house just hanging out today.  It was fun.  I hope I can finish tomorrow.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,414
Points 61,767
Joyce Brenden replied on Mon, May 30 2011 11:31 PM | Locked

Maria--

Your quilt is beautiful.

Kissimmee, FL

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,270
Points 35,195
Granny M replied on Tue, May 31 2011 11:19 AM | Locked

I spent most of yesterday cleaning and laundry,.  Did work a little on the graduation wall hangings.  Both are up to the binding now.  put the hangers on the back, got the binding sewed on the front of one and then started trimming.  Don't you know I somehow got the hanging sleeve pushed up and cut it right in two.  Had to make another, tear out the stitching on the binding and put a new sleeve on.  So now today I am going to work on the second one.   Hope to get it done so I can get back to finishing the bargello.  It needs to be sandwiched and quilted. 

So hope I get some time today. 

Catch everyone later

Granny M

Page 58 of 136 (2040 items) « First ... < Previous 56 57 58 59 60 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use