Top 10 Posters

Did you work on a quilt today? #3

Page 57 of 136 (2040 items) « First ... < Previous 55 56 57 58 59 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 2,039 Replies | 54 Followers

Not Ranked
Posts 34
Points 575
debbiethompson replied on Fri, May 27 2011 5:41 PM | Locked

MNnancy,

It wasn't optimism, although I appreciate that thought. Two walls of my girl cave are underground cement walls, covered in drywall and  I realized if someone came to find me, it would look like a tornado hit, even if the room was untouched. Add to that, I was forced to be in it for 6 hours and the sewing machine and embroidery machine were still in the case from going to a class.  Since I had electricity and lights, I figured I might as well take advantage of the time and I couldn't quite get settled enough to sew since the weather was so awful I didn't want to take the chance of having a power surge ruin my machine's computer system..  Now I have a vacuumed basement and it is ready for me set up my machine and  to carry the new MegaQuilter and Quilt frame from the living room where it is taking up too much space to its permanent home in my sewing studio. (Note: I didn't care if a power surge ruined my vacuum cleaner or my television.)

If I could just learn how to keep it organized and still be able to work, my life would be almost perfect.  At least I have plenty of space for all of my machines and supples so I try to be thankful for what I have rather than whine about what I do not.  

Debbie

• | Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,556
Points 51,395
Ginny replied on Fri, May 27 2011 7:31 PM | Locked

Now wouldn't you just know it.  Talk about having to go to the LQS, I did the same today, plus I stopped at Joann's.  Now I am $60.00 + dollars shy of the amount there was in my wallet before I left.  But, I got some really dreamy fabric for some pillow cases and some more blue and white and red and white prints for the starry log cabin quilt.  The fabric is being prewashed now - just waiting for it to dry.   So no I haven't done any actual quiltind so far today, but I am heading into the sewing room now.  If I'm not out by midnight - come rescue me.    Ginny   

• | Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,401
Points 119,611
Patti replied on Fri, May 27 2011 10:00 PM | Locked

Gini, that needle point "quilt" is amazing. 

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

• | Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,556
Points 51,395
Ginny replied on Fri, May 27 2011 10:04 PM | Locked

Well,  I'm out of the sewing room.  It got too hot in there after pressing the new fabrics.  It's only 56 here now and I was sweating in there.  It's off to shower and bed.  Good Night all.   Ginny

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,053
Points 65,865
Robin replied on Fri, May 27 2011 10:28 PM | Locked

Ginny,

I'm glad you made it out before midnight.   I'm jealous that you found sometime to work.  But I plan on a long weekend of quilting and quilting and if I get bored more quilting.

Robin

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,270
Points 35,195
Granny M replied on Sat, May 28 2011 1:05 PM | Locked

My plans for today are to work on the graduation wall hangings for my grandson and nephew.   I did my first photo fabric Thursday.  Was really easy.  Now to get the wall hangings. done so I can get back to the bargello.

Granny M

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,394
Points 27,280
Ms MoomMist replied on Sat, May 28 2011 1:32 PM | Locked

I finished MQ #4 binding this morning and it is coming out of the dryer as we speak. Ready for the label which I have been trying to get done for the past 2 hours.

I will probably be house cleaning until next week so I want to wish everyone a pleasant, happy and safe Memorial Day Weekend. Enjoy and be thankful that many young men and women know that Freedom is not Free!

xoxoxo

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,314
Points 154,598
Marge (AKA Dimples) replied on Sat, May 28 2011 2:22 PM | Locked

I finished a table runner today that will be used as a door prize at the ladies Christmas tea that our church has every Dec.  I wish you ladies could see the top fabric better.  My photos don't do it justice.  It is kind of a glittery fabric with the maple leaves painted on it with copper paint.  I put a beige fabric behind it.  My backing is a leaf print and I used some thin fleece for the "batting".  Everything came from the 8 bags of fabric I brought home from my friends house.  Oops - some how the shot of the fabric ended up on top. 

Marge (AKA Dimples)

Griffin, GA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,314
Points 154,598
Marge (AKA Dimples) replied on Sat, May 28 2011 2:33 PM | Locked

Gini that link to the needlework "patchwork" is amazing!  I wish my quilt tops looked that good.   

Marge (AKA Dimples)

Griffin, GA

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,394
Points 27,280
Ms MoomMist replied on Sat, May 28 2011 5:03 PM | Locked

Marge (AKA Dimples):

I finished a table runner today that will be used as a door prize at the ladies Christmas tea that our church has every Dec.  I wish you ladies could see the top fabric better.  My photos don't do it justice.  It is kind of a glittery fabric with the maple leaves painted on it with copper paint.  I put a beige fabric behind it.  My backing is a leaf print and I used some thin fleece for the "batting".  Everything came from the 8 bags of fabric I brought home from my friends house.  Oops - some how the shot of the fabric ended up on top. 

Wow, Marge this is fabulous! say Where? I can win this lol! Beautiful!

xoxoxo

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,270
Points 35,195
Granny M replied on Sat, May 28 2011 6:31 PM | Locked

Moonmist the tablerunner is just beautiful. 

Granny M

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,314
Points 154,598
Marge (AKA Dimples) replied on Sat, May 28 2011 6:57 PM | Locked

I know what  you mean MoomMist.  At first it was just an idea in my head.  Now that I have it finished, it is mighty tempting to have it end up on our coffee table this fall.  It turned out even prettier than I thought it would.  Those tea ladies don't need this, right?  After all it is for fall and the tea isn't until Dec.  Shucks, I may as well keep it and make them something different for a door prize.  :o) 

Marge (AKA Dimples)

Griffin, GA

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,394
Points 27,280
Ms MoomMist replied on Sat, May 28 2011 7:22 PM | Locked

Marge (AKA Dimples):

I know what  you mean MoomMist.  At first it was just an idea in my head.  Now that I have it finished, it is mighty tempting to have it end up on our coffee table this fall.  It turned out even prettier than I thought it would.  Those tea ladies don't need this, right?  After all it is for fall and the tea isn't until Dec.  Shucks, I may as well keep it and make them something different for a door prize.  :o) 

well if you are making another, are you very sure that you don't have anymore of that glitzy fabric left??? and do want my addy :o)

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,394
Points 27,280
Ms MoomMist replied on Sat, May 28 2011 7:24 PM | Locked

Granny M:

Moonmist the tablerunner is just beautiful. 

Granny M

Oh thank you Granny M but this is Marge's tablerunner... It is really beautiful and I'm trying to get her to send it to me or at least tell me where I can buy a raffle ticket for it lol!

xoxoxo

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,270
Points 35,195
Granny M replied on Sat, May 28 2011 7:27 PM | Locked

Ms MoomMist:

Oh thank you Granny M but this is Marge's tablerunner... It is really beautiful and I'm trying to get her to send it to me or at least tell me where I can buy a raffle ticket for it lol!

Oops, sorry Marge, I am getting senile.  It is still a beautifull tablerunner.   I don't have a coffee table anymore, moved it out to make room for the three dogs. But if I did I would surely what one like this.   Yep, keep it, make something Christmasy for the raffle.

Granny M

Page 57 of 136 (2040 items) « First ... < Previous 55 56 57 58 59 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use