Top 10 Posters

Did you work on a quilt today? #3

Page 53 of 136 (2040 items) « First ... < Previous 51 52 53 54 55 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 2,039 Replies | 54 Followers

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,399
Points 119,586
Patti replied on Wed, May 25 2011 6:46 AM | Locked

Maria,  your quilt is beautiful!

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

• | Post Points: 20
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,394
Points 27,280
Ms MoomMist replied on Wed, May 25 2011 6:49 AM | Locked

MNnancy:

I haven't quilted my MQ yet, either.  Like you, I have designs in mind, but I'll need to put some muslin on the frame to practice with before I try the actual quilt.  You're looking pretty comfortable with your machine.  Are you left handed?

I'm really quite happy with Lizzie. No, I'm right handed, why? Oh I bet the controls, eh? They were on the left-hand side and I wasn't comfortable with that so DH changed it and I like it much better. I want to get out there and get at it but better get some breakfast. We were up very early and took a friend to the airport, her plane was boarding at 5:15 am. We were going to stop for breakfast on our way home but the only place open was MikeyD's so we just came home. Now, I'm really hungry.

I also think I need to have DH raise the belly bar... I seem to be stupping (sp) over a bit more than I should.

Oh no MNnancy, once I'm ready to quilt, I want to go, there is no practicing for me... I locked my doors to make sure that the QP (quilting police) cannot get in. They would have to get a search warrant to get into my sewing room :P

xoxoxo

• | Post Points: 50
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,449
Points 176,348
Marie replied on Wed, May 25 2011 8:24 AM | Locked

Maria, your quilt is gorgeous!  You've done a great job with it!  I love the colors and everything about it!  Be sure to put the pictures in your Gallery.  You have a nice day as well.  :  )  

Millbury, MA

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,415
Points 415,724
gini replied on Wed, May 25 2011 8:54 AM | Locked

beautiful quilt, maria

gini in north idaho

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,314
Points 154,598
Marge (AKA Dimples) replied on Wed, May 25 2011 9:46 AM | Locked

Jeanine - I think your muslin sandwich is a great idea.  Our LQS has a book to show all the designs they can do along with the pricing for that particular design. 

Marge (AKA Dimples)

Griffin, GA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,314
Points 154,598
Marge (AKA Dimples) replied on Wed, May 25 2011 9:49 AM | Locked

MoomMist - have you tried one of those bobbin winder machines for Lizzie's bobbins?  I honestly don't know if they can handle the larger bobbins or not but it's an idea to look into since she wants to be fussy. 

Marge (AKA Dimples)

Griffin, GA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,314
Points 154,598
Marge (AKA Dimples) replied on Wed, May 25 2011 9:50 AM | Locked

Maria - your quilt is beautiful. 

Marge (AKA Dimples)

Griffin, GA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,314
Points 154,598
Marge (AKA Dimples) replied on Wed, May 25 2011 9:57 AM | Locked

Well - I sorta worked on a quilt yesterday.  I whipped up two of those pre-quilted baby quilts for the nursery at church.  They were in that bounty that I got last week.  There was a third one but it must have gotten wet in that storage unit because it was all mildewed.  It didn't wash out so I may just bind that one for Neko to lay on. Finished up a batch of fleece appliqued blankets for Project Linus too.

I also whipped up a reversible apron out of some snowman fabric that I got, to be used as one of the door prizes for the ladies Christmas tea.  It went together fast but I have some ideas of how I want to change the next one I do.  I found some red chili pepper fabric in my stash that would make a great barbeque apron.

Marge (AKA Dimples)

Griffin, GA

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 402
Points 6,110
Pat M. replied on Wed, May 25 2011 10:18 AM | Locked

When I quilt, I wear a "Body-Rite" to help with posture and prevent strain on my back.

Pat-"Keep Calm and Carry On"

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 843
Points 18,935
Cindy replied on Wed, May 25 2011 10:43 AM | Locked

Maria,

I love your beautiful quilt.  Its a happy quilt.

Cindy

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 77
Points 2,320
sushi607 replied on Wed, May 25 2011 11:46 AM | Locked

I just got done quilting on my "Its not easy being pink"-froggy quilt for my little granddaughter... and honestly I am in hog-heaven. I finally found a pattern that I really really love to go with the pink frogs in water. I'm putting in a pattern that is called "pebbles in a stream" and it looks awesome with the whole design of the quilt... (can you tell I'm excited), LOL.... I'm gonna take out the "swamp scene" that I had in there which didn't do much for me and then quilt some more tomorrow... happy happy joy joy.... LOL

• | Post Points: 35
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 179
Points 3,245
Amalie Simper replied on Wed, May 25 2011 2:06 PM | Locked

Wow, the last picture of a quilt that was posted is beautiful.  I sort of worked on a quilt today.  My daughter woke up crying at 6 this morning.  Everyday it gets earlier and earlier.  I realized that it is because her room is getting light.  So, I got out the fabrics for her room, pieced a cute pull curtain together and put some really dark green fabric on the outside, went and got a double curtain bracket and am waiting for her to wake up to install.  Now I am off to cut out many white stars to applique on all my 4th of July quilts.  I am determined to get them attached this week.  I only have three quilts that are waiting for stars and then they are ready to quilt or tie and bind.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,672
Points 120,425
Judy Taylor-Bellingham replied on Wed, May 25 2011 2:07 PM | Locked

sushi607:

I just got done quilting on my "Its not easy being pink"-froggy quilt for my little granddaughter... and honestly I am in hog-heaven. I finally found a pattern that I really really love to go with the pink frogs in water. I'm putting in a pattern that is called "pebbles in a stream" and it looks awesome with the whole design of the quilt... ...........

Can't wait to see the picture when it's done. Sounds adorable.

In the beautiful Pacific Northwest!

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,770
Points 66,013
Jeanine replied on Wed, May 25 2011 3:52 PM | Locked

Marge (AKA Dimples):

Jeanine - I think your muslin sandwich is a great idea.  Our LQS has a book to show all the designs they can do along with the pricing for that particular design. 

I will probably do that, too, but there is something to actually seeing the stitches versus a B&W drawing in a book.  I am hoping for a better visual for the customer.

• | Post Points: 35
Page 53 of 136 (2040 items) « First ... < Previous 51 52 53 54 55 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use