Top 10 Posters

Did you work on a quilt today? #3

Page 50 of 136 (2040 items) « First ... < Previous 48 49 50 51 52 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 2,039 Replies | 54 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,746
Points 419,989
gini replied on Fri, May 20 2011 10:04 AM | Locked

MMM, that's going to be one pretty quilt

gini in north idaho

• | Post Points: 20
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,396
Points 27,170
Ms MoomMist replied on Fri, May 20 2011 10:05 AM | Locked

Leslie :

It will be beautiful, MMM

thank you, Leslie! Just a couple of more minutes here then it is back to the sewing machine unless the dogs talk me into a nap lol

• | Post Points: 5
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,396
Points 27,170
Ms MoomMist replied on Fri, May 20 2011 10:06 AM | Locked

gini:

MMM, that's going to be one pretty quilt

Thank you gini!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,741
Points 436,790
Nana replied on Fri, May 20 2011 11:08 AM | Locked

MMM

Your Starry Log Cabin is going to be gorgeous.  Great job.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 87
Points 2,420
Maria replied on Fri, May 20 2011 12:08 PM | Locked

beautiful star ;))

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,864
Points 181,703
Marie replied on Fri, May 20 2011 12:22 PM | Locked

Love your Hunter's Moon!  Your Starry Log Cabin is going to be beautiful!

Millbury, MA

• | Post Points: 35
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,771
Points 65,968
Jeanine replied on Fri, May 20 2011 5:55 PM | Locked

I am working on quilt #4 on my new quilt machine.  This just isn't going to get old!  I am trying out different pantographs and even did one free motion.  At this rate, I will have the charity quilt stack dwindling down pretty quickly.

I went to the occupational therapist today and got wrist braces for both hands.  My fingers have been going numb and they think it is carpal tunnel.  No surprise there!  Anyway, I've been quilting with the splits and it doesn't seem to bother me too much.  That's good.  I need to take care of these hands for a few more years!!!

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,824
Points 43,844
Eileen replied on Fri, May 20 2011 5:59 PM | Locked

Go, Marge! You and Jeanine could keep the world clothed & warm! LOL 

Congrats on getting the shorts done. Sorry the trip got canceled but knowing you & your mission colleagues, you'll always find a way to share with people in need & that is special.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,824
Points 43,844
Eileen replied on Fri, May 20 2011 6:01 PM | Locked

MMM, your starry log cabin quilt will be beautiful - I love how the stars come together where the blocks meet - very clever. Great patriotic colors, too.

Your DJ block is pretty, too - I like the blue & white. How many DJ blocks have you made so far?

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,824
Points 43,844
Eileen replied on Fri, May 20 2011 6:02 PM | Locked

Kim, froggin' is no fun but if you can do it without going nuts & then resew something so it looks right to you, it's worht it. 

I know of other people who have sold items on Etsy & some really like it but I've not used it myself (haven't quilted enough to make things for sale).  Good luck with this endeavor!

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,824
Points 43,844
Eileen replied on Fri, May 20 2011 6:07 PM | Locked

Jeanine, follow the advice the docs give you about your hands & wrists.  I had to give up being a sign language interpreter because of what turned out to be tendinitis in both arms. If it is carpal tunnel & it gets bad enough, at least surgery is an option - not the case with tendinitis.  I find icing my wrists helps when i get sore (done at night not before activity).  Braces help me, too, especailly at night - I tend to sleep on my arms.

Glad you're having so much fun with your new LA - you really will work your charity quilt pile down in no time, making that many more people happy, warm & comforted. Just don't forget to rest your arms now & then!

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,824
Points 43,844
Eileen replied on Fri, May 20 2011 6:11 PM | Locked

I haven't quilted all week.  One week I went like gangbusters & got into my sewing room almost daily but I've been busy with other things lately. Then, last Saturday, I got rear-ended on the way home from work.  Serious damage to the car but I seem to be ok so far. I fought off a nagging headached for a couple of days and that went away. So, in an effort to make sure I was physically ok, I got more rest & tried not to do anything that might cause back pain, etc.  I do go into my sewing room now & then and look at my fabric so it knows I haven't forgotten it! LOL 

I should get some quilting time this weekend - am off work through Tuesday so DH and I can do some gardening, house cleaning & whatever else we want (read, quilt, walk dogs, etc.).

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,835
Points 55,585
Ginny replied on Fri, May 20 2011 6:37 PM | Locked

MMM -  Love your quilt squares. So colorful.  I am especially fascinated with the starry log cabin quilt squares - so unique.  Is there a pattern somewhere for it , or did you make it up on your own?   I am working on a scrappy  string quilt right now in red, white and blues,  but I have enough strips that I could make a lap quilt like that too -if I had the pattern - hint, hint, hint.  LOL    Ginny

• | Post Points: 50
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,414
Points 61,782
Joyce Brenden replied on Fri, May 20 2011 6:58 PM | Locked

Didn't do any quilting today, but I did embroider some of the letters for a birthday celebration wall hanging I'm making for a friend to give to her sister, so I guess that counts.  Have a great weekend everybody.

Kissimmee, FL

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Fri, May 20 2011 7:59 PM | Locked

MMM - as others have already said, that starry log cabin is going to be beautiful.  Can't wait to see the whole thing.  Please tell us where you found the pattern.

Jeanine - sorry to hear about the wrist pain.  I can believe that the braces don't get in the way of quilting on the long arm - in fact, I'll bet they help in your overall posture standing at the machine.  There is no stopping you now that you have a long arm!!!!

Eileen - sorry to hear about the car accident.  I hope there won't be any residual effects. 

I'm still in the garden, so no quilting news from me.  Sorry.

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Page 50 of 136 (2040 items) « First ... < Previous 48 49 50 51 52 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2015 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use