Page 136 of 136 (2040 items) « First ... < Previous 132 133 134 135 136 | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 2,039 Replies | 54 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 11,650
Points 135,977
Leslie replied on Mon, Aug 15 2011 5:20 PM | Locked

Darlene, your MQ looks fantastic, and your stars pop. I'm almost done with mine , will post as soon as soon as it is. My stars don't pop but oh well

[Ava, Missouri

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,314
Points 154,598
Marge (AKA Dimples) replied on Mon, Aug 15 2011 5:59 PM | Locked

Darlene - I love your Christmas Secret Windows!  Those fabrics are wonderful. 

Marge (AKA Dimples)

Griffin, GA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,314
Points 154,598
Marge (AKA Dimples) replied on Mon, Aug 15 2011 6:12 PM | Locked

Had our Tabitha group at church this morning.  I worked on cutting fabrics for two more wildlife quilts for men.  After I got home I sewed up that last of the upholstery fabric on a roll I was given and turned it into puppy dog pillows. I had enough to do 4 nice sized pillows.  They are all stuffed and ready to be stitched shut this evening while watching TV.  Worked on Megan's quilt some more - cutting 5" squares to do some more 4-patch units down the sides so it will be wider.  I have changed my mind on what to use for Natalie's quilt - again.  I found some bright tie-dye look with smiley face outlines and peace symbols plus a piece with bright VW "bugs" on a black background in my stash.  Have "hunks" packed with my stuff for class on Weds. so I can see if I can find something to go with them.  If not.... it's back to the drawing board again.  Started working on my snowman table runner but have to take it apart.  The measurements for some of the pieces were wrong in my directions so it isn't fitting together correctly.  Good thing I have more of the fabrics in my stash to re-cut the pieces.  Doncha just hate it when there are mistakes in a pattern? 

Marge (AKA Dimples)

Griffin, GA

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,797
MNnancy replied on Mon, Aug 15 2011 6:55 PM | Locked

Marge (AKA Dimples):
Doncha just hate it when there are mistakes in a pattern?

I know magazines will post their corrections on their web site or in the next issue.  What about individual patterns we purchase at the stores?  Do those companies post corrections on a web site after they become aware of them?  I never think to check company websites before I start in on a new quilt, but I suppose a person ought to.

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

• | Post Points: 20
Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 806
Points 12,419
Joan L. replied on Mon, Aug 15 2011 7:02 PM | Locked

Marge, I would like to make some pillows for the humaine soc. what size is good and how do you make them?

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,314
Points 154,598
Marge (AKA Dimples) replied on Mon, Aug 15 2011 7:16 PM | Locked

Joan - I make mine all different sizes.  None are huge because I heard that the big dogs like to tear them up.  :o)  I measured some in the pile I have --- 15" x 15" / 24" x 24" / 12" x 20"   They didn't seem to care what size they were.  They were just thrilled to get them.  You could always call you shelter to see if they have preferences.  I don't stuff them real full.  I leave them "squishey" so the dogs and cats can borrow into them.  

Marge (AKA Dimples)

Griffin, GA

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 806
Points 12,419
Joan L. replied on Mon, Aug 15 2011 7:18 PM | Locked

Thanks Marge, I think they are always needing donations at the shelter and being an animal lover thought this would be a good cause.

• | Post Points: 0
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,314
Points 154,598
Marge (AKA Dimples) replied on Mon, Aug 15 2011 7:19 PM | Locked

Nancy - the pattern I am working with came from one of the teachers at the LQS.  I think it is her own design.  I was the only one who signed up for the class so it was cancelled.  I asked Angela if the teacher had a pattern available since I had all my fabric cut for the class per her directions and Sherry gave me a copy of the rest of the directions.  When I started putting the pieces together today, I found out the cutting instructions were wrong.  Oh well - I think I can figure it out and I can't be too mad since she was nice enough to give me a copy of the directions after the class was cancelled.  :o) 

Marge (AKA Dimples)

Griffin, GA

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,119
Points 110,535
Linny t replied on Mon, Aug 15 2011 7:49 PM | Locked

Darlene, I love how the white space showcases the stars and makes them float.  With the tan squares it almost looks like 3d blocks coming out of the center.  This was a mystery quilt?

Linny T

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,414
Points 61,767
Joyce Brenden replied on Mon, Aug 15 2011 9:13 PM | Locked

Darlene--

Your MQ is absolutely beautiful!

Kissimmee, FL

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Mon, Aug 15 2011 9:47 PM | Locked

Darlene, your quilt is beautiful .. I agree about the stars I would have never thought they would be that prominit. Great job ..Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Mon, Aug 15 2011 9:51 PM | Locked

Thank you everyone for your kind comments on the MQ. It was alot of fun to make . I agree, it's hard to believe they are the same pattern  the fabric makes all the difference ... Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,770
Points 65,998
Jeanine replied on Mon, Aug 15 2011 10:21 PM | Locked

Angele:
Happy Belated birthday Jeanine. 

Thanks, Angele.  I haven't started making any of my quilts yet but will bring at least one of them on my quilt retreat in September.  It's fun to buy something for yourself and can't wait to finish the BQ2.  I love those fabrics.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,466
Points 362,022
Kris replied on Tue, Aug 16 2011 12:31 AM | Locked

The Quilt Daddy:

Robin:

Thank you for all of the well wishes.   Today makes 24 years.   It was a very fancy dinner just one of his favorites.  Pot roast and the trimmings.

Robin

I'll take the leftovers.

Darn,

Richard beat me to it. Any left? LOL. Happy anniversary Robin and hubby.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 11,650
Points 135,977
Leslie replied on Tue, Aug 16 2011 6:41 AM | Locked

Here is my QM secret window. I'm calling it Neopolitan Ice-Cream

[Ava, Missouri

Page 136 of 136 (2040 items) « First ... < Previous 132 133 134 135 136 | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use