Top 10 Posters

Did you work on a quilt today? #3

Page 126 of 136 (2040 items) « First ... < Previous 124 125 126 127 128 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 2,039 Replies | 54 Followers

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 330
Points 26,945
Darlene replied on Sun, Aug 7 2011 8:54 PM | Locked

The Quilt Daddy:
OK gang.

Richard, what if  you fussy cut whatever size square you choose from large print fabric and do log cabin around using companion pieces to get to size you need for center of runner.  You could then do the stars on either side.

Love the fabrics,  I am sure the camera did not do justice.

Good luck with your runner.

Darlene (WNY)

Darlene

from Western New York

• | Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Sun, Aug 7 2011 9:23 PM | Locked

Marge (AKA Dimples):
MNnancy:
It was raining most of the day, so no dog walk

What!!!!  Didn't Calley give you the sad puppy dog eyes???

When she hears rain against the windows, she sighs, lays down, and is snoring within minutes.  She doesn't wake up until the rain stops.

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,424
Points 415,919
gini replied on Mon, Aug 8 2011 12:14 AM | Locked

richard beautiful fabrics.  the last mystery quilt might look good with these fabrics, using one of the large florals for a border

gini in north idaho

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,720
Points 436,870
Nana replied on Mon, Aug 8 2011 9:52 AM | Locked

Jeanine

Very pretty baby quilt.  Hope she likes it.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,720
Points 436,870
Nana replied on Mon, Aug 8 2011 9:53 AM | Locked

Carol

Beautiful Mariner's Compass.  Great work.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 622
Points 10,640
abcd replied on Mon, Aug 8 2011 11:49 AM | Locked

Carol, this is incredible, and I am envious!  ;D

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 622
Points 10,640
abcd replied on Mon, Aug 8 2011 11:59 AM | Locked

Good luck, Darlene!  I do not want to make light of your situation, but I cannot help but imagine a "cartoon drawing" of you sitting at your machine as it bobs along water, and you sewing, with the caption "Sewing up a Storm" - as if NOTHING can stop you!  :D

You can use a cut up ironing board as paddles, maybe?  <<<<<<<<<hugs>>>>>>>>>>>>> ( or come visit me in Colorado, as it has been so DRY.  The hot thunderstorms in the afternoon always have the rain drops dissipate before they hit the ground.  So you get mist on your face, but your tootsies stay dry)

• | Post Points: 20
Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 330
Points 26,945
Darlene replied on Mon, Aug 8 2011 12:14 PM | Locked

Bella, thank you for making light.  I needed to look back at last night and chuckle.  If my dear departed father had not been an electrician who was always yelling at us about water and electric appliances, I probably would have continued to "Sew up a Storm".  As the water got closer and closer to the foot pedal, I had to quit but I didn't really want to.  The dehumidifier worked overtime last night.  I dumped 5 gallons of water out at 4 AM but things are almost back to normal down there.  Now I just need to sanitize the floor again.  It felt rather nasty this morning on my bare toes.

Yesterday in church, our sermon was regarding rest and relaxation and how sometimes God has to do something major like put you flat in bed sick to get you to stop.  I guess my "flood" was just that.  I needed to stop but didn't want to. 

I have a wonderful friend who texted me regarding something else last night when I came up from the flood zone.  She is going to meet me tonight after work to finish assembling the top and then putting the sandwich together so that we can tie this monster.  We will put tables together in the fellowship hall at our church and nothing will be on the floor.  Lucky thing she works for the preschool affiliated with our church and has keys.

Thanks for the offer to come to Colorado.  That would be a little jaunt from western NY but I may have to take you up on that some time.

Back to work.  Lunch is over.  Thanks again for the chuckle.

Darlene (WNY)

Darlene

from Western New York

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 52
Points 1,115
Gin replied on Mon, Aug 8 2011 12:50 PM | Locked

Carol,

I love this!!  Keep going girl!!

Well I finally finished the "Log Cabin Project" as I call Mom's UFO that I am sending to college in 2 weeks with my daughter.   So 2 Mom UFO's Down and 6 more to go - that I know of.  May be some still lurking in the containers in the garage from Texas.  I am so excited because I am getting closer to working on my own projects.  For those that don't remember, my mom pieced the blocks and after she died I found them.  My sweetheart MIL, Meems put the blocks together for me.  I put on the borders, quilted (machine) and bound it.  Let me know what you think!

Mooresville, NC

• | Post Points: 50
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,414
Points 61,767
Joyce Brenden replied on Mon, Aug 8 2011 5:03 PM | Locked

Carol--

Dang!, I should have sent those "crumbs" to you.  They were truly itty, bitty pieces, though--most of them smaller than one inch.  Your mariner's compass is a great looking block!

Kissimmee, FL

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,414
Points 61,767
Joyce Brenden replied on Mon, Aug 8 2011 5:05 PM | Locked

Gin--

The log cabin looks wonderful and what a treasured memory it will be with all the hands that made it possible.

Kissimmee, FL

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,720
Points 436,870
Nana replied on Mon, Aug 8 2011 5:05 PM | Locked

Gin

Very pretty log cabin.  Will make a perfect quilt at college.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,414
Points 61,767
Joyce Brenden replied on Mon, Aug 8 2011 5:08 PM | Locked

Jeanine--

If your co-worker doesn't absolutely love this quilt she way beyond picky!  It's perfect and the quilting is exquisite.

Kissimmee, FL

• | Post Points: 20
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,770
Points 66,013
Jeanine replied on Mon, Aug 8 2011 5:55 PM | Locked

Joyce Brenden:
If your co-worker doesn't absolutely love this quilt she way beyond picky! 

She did love it! Whew!  That was a relief.  She is a very nice person but she just has a different take on things and can be a little demanding.  So I am really glad I didn't have to deal with an unhappy customer!

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 7
Points 375
Pat replied on Mon, Aug 8 2011 8:28 PM | Locked

Hi, Everyone,

Greetings from Palm Coast, Florida! It has been so hot here, the best thing to do is stay in the air conditioning and quilt! I just finished my fourth Quilt of Valor. I, too, have many ufo's. Why is it that I get 98% done, then stop, and start something new? I am proud to say, though, that I do complete the quilts of valor quickly. Everything else, waits. Let's see... Two table runners, one wall quilt, three throws, two bags, what can I say? Yes, I guess I qualify also, for more than three ufo's.

I quess I have to blame the hot weather!   Yeah, right!  lol

• | Post Points: 50
Page 126 of 136 (2040 items) « First ... < Previous 124 125 126 127 128 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use