Top 10 Posters

Did you work on a quilt today? #3

Page 123 of 136 (2040 items) « First ... < Previous 121 122 123 124 125 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 2,039 Replies | 54 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 11,649
Points 135,942
Leslie replied on Thu, Aug 4 2011 5:20 PM | Locked

Hi Lee, glad you decide to jump on in. Your quilt sound wonderful, post pics if you can

[Ava, Missouri

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,314
Points 154,598
Marge (AKA Dimples) replied on Thu, Aug 4 2011 5:55 PM | Locked

Wow Anne --- you really have jumped back into quilting with both feet!  All of your projects look great. 

No quilting for me today.  Been running around with the hubby.  Tomorrow it will be back to the grindstone.  I am almost finished piecing all of the block units for Celeste's quilt.  Then it is on to stitching them together into their long rows.  Then pressing - Ugh!  Have to do some prelim work on my breakfast club project for later this month too.  Next week I will be away from the sewing room for three days.  HORRORS!!!  Going to make a quick trip down to Gainesville FL to see Dave's daughter and family - taking the other daughter and her new baby with us.  Dave mentioned going down to see Janie and Julia popped in "I want to go".  Old softy Dave agreed.  I don't mind taking her really except that anytime we take her with us anywhere, we end up paying for everything.  Sooner or later this daughter has to learn how to stand on her own two feet.  At least she will be sleeping at Janie's so we won't get stuck paying for a hotel room.

Marge (AKA Dimples)

Griffin, GA

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,106
Points 410,839
gini replied on Fri, Aug 5 2011 12:54 AM | Locked

Marie:
 Hope you like it after waiting this long.

i will love it because you made it for me, marie,   i can't wait to see it    gini

gini in north idaho

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,020
Points 169,518
Marie replied on Fri, Aug 5 2011 4:36 PM | Locked

Gini, be watching for a package next week, it got mailed today!  Hip hip hoorah!

Millbury, MA

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,770
Points 65,998
Jeanine replied on Fri, Aug 5 2011 4:47 PM | Locked

I am so glad it is Friday after a very busy, hectic week.  I just want everything to stop and give me a chance to take a breath.  And I found out today that there are some organizational changes that are going to be big happen at work sometime soon.  I wish I could get a calm, stressfree job (like quilting)! 

I have my civil war quilt on the quilt frame ready to quilt.  That is my #1 goal this weekend.  I am also startiing to bring some of my quilting stuff back downstairs.  The river is in the process of going down but it is still 5 1/2 feet above flood stage but I am feeling a lot more calm about the outcome.  We probably won't move our furniture back into the house until late September or so but I am just getting too anxious about getting my quilt studio back.  Mabel will stay upstairs for a couple more months.

I got an order for a baby quilt last week.  I might try to knock that one out, too.  And then my third goal is to quilt another Marine quilt.  That should fill the weekend pretty well.

Not Ranked
Posts 2
Points 40
sharbus replied on Fri, Aug 5 2011 5:25 PM | Locked

I work on a quilt called the missing link its for my Daughter.  Its all pieced and now I just have to quilt it.

• | Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,057
Points 170,727
MNnancy replied on Fri, Aug 5 2011 9:32 PM | Locked

Welcome, Sharbus.  We look forward to seeing a picture!

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,106
Points 410,839
gini replied on Sat, Aug 6 2011 3:01 PM | Locked

welcome to the group sharbus

gini in north idaho

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,394
Points 27,280
Ms MoomMist replied on Sat, Aug 6 2011 3:10 PM | Locked

Yes, I actually worked on Tyler's "Camo Frog"... I only have 10 days to get it finished. His 7th birthday is August 16, and this has to be done.

Just lovin' this summer weather, wahoo! A bit warm in the sewing room but it keeps me motivated to keep moving along.

Having a bit of a problem with Lizzie... the needle wouldn't pick up the bobbin thread, so I'm off to see what  Tin Lizzie has to say about that.

Take care all and have a wonderful weekend.

xoxoxo

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,314
Points 154,598
Marge (AKA Dimples) replied on Sat, Aug 6 2011 4:03 PM | Locked

After a quick trip to the LQS on Friday to wish them a Happy Birthday  ( I took them a birthday card and some cupcakes ) --- and spend some more money (25 to 35% 0ff clearance fabrics), I was back in the sewing room.  I finally finished piecing all the little units for Celeste's quilt.  Still need to press them before I can start joining them together into the long strips.  Fiddled around with trying to come up with quilt tops for Dave's granddaughters quilts - working with some 36" lengths of cute border fabrics as the focal point for the quilts.  Today I needed some "instant gratification" so I sewed together the second set of blocks I had cut for our Tabitha Ministry into a simple quilt top.   One of the coordinators for our Project LInus chapter came by and picked up 49 fleece blankets that I had made.  The spare bedroom was getting a bit overrun with completed projects for charities so I called her to see if I could meet her somewhere.  She was going by someone else's home to pick some up and agreed to come by here too.  Still have the pile of pillows for the animal shelter in here. 

Marge (AKA Dimples)

Griffin, GA

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,057
Points 170,727
MNnancy replied on Sat, Aug 6 2011 9:11 PM | Locked

Yes, I got in lots of sewing time today!  It was raining most of the day, so no dog walk or garden time.  I'm making good progress on my retreat leaves.  I also created a list of projects that I hope to accomplish in the next 9-12 months.  I'm feeling a bit guilty about all the money I spent on the MN Shop Hop when I really didn't need anything, so I made a deal with myself that I can't go next year unless I get a minimum of 4 full size quilts (lap size or larger) and 2 smaller projects completed this year.   That would be quite an accomplishment for pokey old me, but I have everything I need to get it done!  Going to three retreats this fall will help in this matter.

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

• | Post Points: 50
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,770
Points 65,998
Jeanine replied on Sat, Aug 6 2011 10:51 PM | Locked

I got my civil war quilt quilted, quilted another quilt for charity, pieced a baby quilt, and almost finished a top that is a sample of the pattern we are doing at my quilt group on Saturday.  I also moved some stuff back to my quilt studio.  I am DONE with this flood.  It wouldn't DARE show it's ugly water in MY quilt studio.  It was nice spending the afternoon quilting down there again even if I don't have everything there.  I will try to get some pictures tomorrow.

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 125
Points 23,335
Darlene replied on Sun, Aug 7 2011 12:48 AM | Locked

Today was a productive day.  I have been working on a massive project for my son's graduation.  I am 2/3 complete with the top and then will be tieing it so that I can bind and be done.

Here is the latest progress picture.  There are other step by step pictures posted in my gallery.

Darlene (WNY)

Darlene

from Western New York

• | Post Points: 50
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,760
Points 247,454
Barbara replied on Sun, Aug 7 2011 3:50 AM | Locked

Today I worked on  several projects for awhile, Finally got my recent issue of GM  Mag,so I got the pieces cut for  the "Secret Window"  Quilt  I'm making with them .Just about finished up with my project for the midwest retreat did some embroidery today on Mimi for the first time and I'm so pleased with how easy it was , I finally just took the plunge ,It was amazing .. now that i know I can do it ,will try and use that feature more,, I was really scared to try before ..

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,659
Points 435,535
Nana replied on Sun, Aug 7 2011 7:14 AM | Locked

Darlene

You are going to have a beautiful quilt when you are finished.  WTG

Vinton, Virginia

Page 123 of 136 (2040 items) « First ... < Previous 121 122 123 124 125 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today Copyright ©2009-2014, Crafts Media, LLC ALL Rights Reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use