Did you work on a quilt today? #3

Page 118 of 136 (2040 items) « First ... < Previous 116 117 118 119 120 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 2,039 Replies | 54 Followers

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,595
Points 75,910
Karla replied on Sun, Jul 31 2011 3:53 PM | Locked

Beautiful quilt, edged with prairie points, how impressive.  I've never tried my hand with hand quilting.  Don't think I'd have the patience.  Great job!

• | Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,060
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Sun, Jul 31 2011 4:38 PM | Locked

Bella:

That's an incredible shop hop, Nancy!  You could form a retreat for people who would like to come to Minnesota just to do it!

That's an idea for next summer!  We could car pool or book seats on the different buses that go through each region, but I'm not sure how many of the gals would want to come for 8-10 days or more to cover the whole entire state.  Maybe we could focus on one region that offers a good incentive prize.  For instance, my BFF and I are traveling to the SE part of the state for two days because we'll earn 7 yards of fabrics after hitting all 10 stores.

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

• | Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,976
Points 57,820
Ginny replied on Sun, Jul 31 2011 5:45 PM | Locked

Mz M:
closest quilt shop is 55 miles to the north

Mz M,  I'm going to quit whining right now.    Ginny  

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,872
Points 420,184
gini replied on Sun, Jul 31 2011 5:51 PM | Locked

pretty quilt joni, love the prairie points

gini in north idaho

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,314
Points 154,618
Marge (AKA Dimples) replied on Sun, Jul 31 2011 5:59 PM | Locked

Ms MoomMist --- how terrible for Heather!!!  I think making the quilt for her would be good for both of you. 

Marge (AKA Dimples)

Griffin, GA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,872
Points 420,184
gini replied on Sun, Jul 31 2011 6:25 PM | Locked

MMM, what a wonderful gift to make that quilt for kori's friend.  it has been a horrible time for you, still praying for you and your famliy.  

gini in north idaho

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 489
Points 7,600
Mz M replied on Sun, Jul 31 2011 6:52 PM | Locked

Ginny:

Mz M:
closest quilt shop is 55 miles to the north

Mz M,  I'm going to quit whining right now.    Ginny  

Oh no, you don't have to quit whining! I'm just joining you!!  When I make a trip to town it's a big day long ordeal with no less than 6 stops. Hmmm let me see. there is a JoAnns, Mill Ends, 2 good quilt stores, a Barnes & Noble and gas so that takes up my whole day!  I make a list of the colors I plan on using in the next several weeks and buy more than enough thread in various shades. There is also a Hobby Lobby and Michaels but I don't need to visit them very often. You'd think that in a small farm town there would be enough people to support a quilt store and carries thread other than C&C (my machine hates it!) but nooooooo.

Not Ranked
Posts 1
Points 20
marschil replied on Sun, Jul 31 2011 7:00 PM | Locked

Attended Ann Arbor Quilt Guild Classes 3 days in a row. Took Spiral classes w/ RaNa Merrill and Fabric Dye class w/ Karen. Fabric is presently in plastic bags........tomorrow will wash them, so exciting . Love taking classes so motivating. We moved/downsized 8 months ago and way to busy remodeling/redecorating/landscaping. Ashamed to say have only completed one baby quilt since we moved. And the month of August receiving lots of out of  town company. Might be quilting w/ at the midnight hour. Any members live close to Plymouth,MI area?

Marsha

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,976
Points 57,820
Ginny replied on Sun, Jul 31 2011 8:40 PM | Locked

Mz M:
 carries thread other than C&C

That is why I get my thread online from Connecting Threads.    Ginny

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 121
Points 1,825
Ann W. replied on Sun, Jul 31 2011 8:40 PM | Locked

Joni,

You do beautiful work. Your right . I love to do hand quilting. I can take small things with me to work while waiting for Drs. appts or when grkids have to be taken here or there for appts. Only problem is I keep forgetting to take pictures of things when I get them done. I do have one picture  of my latest. So guess I will have to post it. It is now in Alaska.

Quilty Hugs,

Ann in Indiana

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 121
Points 1,825
Ann W. replied on Sun, Jul 31 2011 9:28 PM | Locked

Well today I accomplished two things. I posted a picture in my gallery on here. Plus I was able to get some hand quilting done. So I'd say I'm two for two. LOL.

So hopefully tomorrow will definitely be more productive.

Quilty Hugs to all.

Ann W. in Indian

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 489
Points 7,600
Mz M replied on Sun, Jul 31 2011 9:35 PM | Locked

Ginny:

Mz M:
 carries thread other than C&C

That is why I get my thread online from Connecting Threads.    Ginny

Thanks Ginny - I'll look them up and check them out. You know ordering on-line is a good thing but sometimes you need something in a hurry and can't wait for the postman. Living out in the middle of cornfields has taught me to be more proactive when it comes to my sewing needs. Gosh I miss the city (or living close to one).

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,771
Points 65,968
Jeanine replied on Sun, Jul 31 2011 11:14 PM | Locked

I finished one of the Marine quilts I've had on my backlog for months.  I'm not sure what my block was to get it done. 

I also quilted another Quilts of Valor quilt.  I need to get this one and the last one I did mailed back to Indiana this week.  This one is for a woman with breast cancer.

Need to get to bed.  This has been a long weekend.  I didn't sleep at all Friday night mostly due to work issues.  The issues started at 9:30 Friday night and were finally resolved at 6:30 am Sunday morning.  I got about 6 hours sleep total all weekend.  I know I will be dragging this week until I can catch up.

• | Post Points: 65
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,741
Points 436,805
Nana replied on Sun, Jul 31 2011 11:41 PM | Locked

Jeanine

The quilt for the lady with breast cancer is gorgeous.  I love the pattern and colors as well as your beautiful quilting work.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,872
Points 420,184
gini replied on Mon, Aug 1 2011 12:37 AM | Locked

jeanine more beautiful work from you .  the breast cancer quilt is very nice

gini in north idaho

Page 118 of 136 (2040 items) « First ... < Previous 116 117 118 119 120 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2016 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.