Page 1 of 136 (2040 items) 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 2,039 Replies | 54 Followers

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,935
Points 778,100
QCA Admin Posted: Mon, Apr 4 2011 8:38 AM | Locked

Hello,

Because this thread is so popular, and it gets so many replies which can sometimes cause performance issues, we will continually add new "versions."

The last post of Did you work on a quilt today? #2 is here.

The original thread was started on October 17, 2009 by Althea.

Thanks,

QCA Peg

• | Post Points: 545
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,654
Points 82,429
Diane Morgan replied on Mon, Apr 4 2011 5:30 PM | Locked

I'll break the ice. I worked on a quilt today. I'm making a baby blanket from the stash. it's a scrappy and bright colors. I tried to do it like it Boxy Stars and pulling from the bag......but I couldn't do it. So it's a little controlled but the next ones I make are going to be more wild and funky and just go with it. I promise, Nana. I can be loose, I can be loose, I can be loose.

North of Boston MA

• | Post Points: 50
Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 329
Points 4,940
Sue replied on Mon, Apr 4 2011 5:52 PM | Locked

Hello,

Yes I worked on a quilt today, I have a group of young men that volunteer to work on each others home to get them repaired. Each one has a different skill so they can all learn from each other. The latest project was my son's roof on his house. I am making strip quilts for them I have 12 of them finished and 3 to go I hope to have them done buy Easter. The quilt is a twin size and they are all made from my stash and sewing the batting scraps together so I don't have to buy any more. Will post pictures later. The strip quilts are easy to do when you need something that they will use every day.

thanks-you

Sue Ohio

• | Post Points: 20
Not Ranked
Posts 12
Points 210
margoee replied on Mon, Apr 4 2011 6:06 PM | Locked

O.K., with this brand new thread, I guess it's finally time for me to join in the fun instead of just reading the posts!!

My name is Margo and I have been addicted to quilting for 11 years :)

Today I started another quilt....sheesh....I promised myself I would not start anything new until some of the UFO's are done, but I just had to get this one started!!  It's called Rippling Waters, all batiks, just beautiful.  It is a kit so I have to follow the cutting directions to a "T" or I will run out of fabric.....and the cutting instructions are probably going to ride me insane.  Told me over an hour to cut out one block.....ugh!!  But, it will be a wonderful quilt and I have decided to have it professionally quilted so it does not hang around in my closet as an UFO forever.

Margo

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,720
Points 436,870
Nana replied on Mon, Apr 4 2011 6:09 PM | Locked

Margo

You will have to post pics of your new quilt.  It sounds beautiful....I love batiks but don't seem to use them much.  Talk about UFOs....LOL>   I have about 6 tops waiting to be quilted and at least 2 that would like me to finish them and put them in the to be quilted pile....LOL>

Vinton, Virginia

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 11,656
Points 136,082
Leslie replied on Mon, Apr 4 2011 6:22 PM | Locked

Hi Margo, I think we all have alot of UFO's and we just keep adding to them lol

[Ava, Missouri

• | Post Points: 5
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,770
Points 66,013
Jeanine replied on Mon, Apr 4 2011 6:27 PM | Locked

I quilted a couple charity quilts last night.  Not sure where I will land tonight but we'll see what speaks to me.  Probably binding on the two I quilted last night and then, maybe, MQ4.  It just hasn't been speaking loud enough to drown out all my other projects.  I will also be watching Dancing With the Stars and Castle while quilting.

I also have 300 yards of fabric staring at me but that will take way too much work for me to organize that tonight.  That's a weekend job...at least.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,449
Points 176,348
Marie replied on Mon, Apr 4 2011 7:14 PM | Locked

Hi Margo, welcome!  If you're going to be a part of this group I think it's mandatory to have at least 3 UFO's.  Am I correct Nana?

Millbury, MA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,720
Points 436,870
Nana replied on Mon, Apr 4 2011 7:53 PM | Locked

Marie

I think 3 is a good starting number for UFOs.....LOL>   When I first joined QCA I never had UFOs.  Now I seem to have more UFOs than I do completed projects.

Vinton, Virginia

Not Ranked
Posts 12
Points 210
margoee replied on Mon, Apr 4 2011 9:32 PM | Locked

Great.....I feel right at home with all of you and your UFO's!!!  If I only need 3 UFO's to join the group then I might be "over qualified" LOL  I have more UFO's then I care to even think about....might treat myself and collect all of them and bring them to the local quilt shop to have them quilted.  Then I can start the addiction of hoarding new tops to be quilted!!!

Like a nut, I joined another group in town tonight.....these ladies concentrate on art quilts so this group is different from the others that I belong to.  I am excited to be a part of the group.....they have had many of there challenge projects juried into Paducah.

I will post a pic of the new quilt I started today, but, ladies, do not hold your breath as this one will take some time......oy, the cutting!!!

Margo

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,394
Points 27,280
Ms MoomMist replied on Mon, Apr 4 2011 10:04 PM | Locked

Yes, I worked on my DJ but got frustrated so stopped. I'm working on G-6 Papa's Star and the foundation pieces has me totally confused. I'm doing something wrong and I don't know what it is. I just cannot get it 1. square and 2. to measure 5" ... tomorrow is another day. I also worked on Baltimore's Country Cousins block #2. Tomorrow my friend is coming over and we will have lunch and then we will do some paper crafting. Need to make some thank you cards and some birthday cards, so that will give me a break from the fabric and then I can start fresh on Wednesday. Hopefully, she will remember to bring her scissors, because I need a hair cut. LOL!

Speaking of scissors, you might enjoy this cartoon!

http://pickledish.kcstar.com/?q=node%2F1482

xoxoxo

• | Post Points: 0
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,394
Points 27,280
Ms MoomMist replied on Mon, Apr 4 2011 10:07 PM | Locked

Speaking of scissors, and cutting ,you might enjoy this cartoon!

http://pickledish.kcstar.com/?q=node%2F1482

Lost my other post so guess it doesn't matter.

Have a great night

xoxoxo

• | Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,542
Points 51,250
Ginny replied on Mon, Apr 4 2011 10:43 PM | Locked

Loved the cartoon, Ms. MM.  Someone must have been looking in my window when I got after my daughter who wanted to cut paper with my Ginghers LOL

Yes, I worked on a quilt today. I'm working on a string quilt .  Someone brought in her sewing scraps that she decided she was never going to make quilts out of  to the Senior Center quilting group.  They were going to be thrown out and I took the challenge.  I am now ready to put the binding on and we will donate the quilt for a silent auction to be held in 10 days for the benefit of the outreach program at the Senior Center. If I can figure out how to post the picture  Iwill do that before I take it in on Friday.

Ginny 

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,394
Points 27,280
Ms MoomMist replied on Mon, Apr 4 2011 10:49 PM | Locked

Ginny:

Loved the cartoon, Ms. MM.  Someone must have been looking in my window when I got after my daughter who wanted to cut paper with my Ginghers LOL

Yes, I worked on a quilt today. . If I can figure out how to post the picture  Iwill do that before I take it in on Friday.

Ginny 

it got posted twice ss! No wonder these threads get so full LOL! Anyway, Ginny, it is so easy to post pictures here, you will be amazed. This has got to be one of the easiest club to navigate. Guess that is why I keep coming back!

xoxoxo

• | Post Points: 0
Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 121
Points 1,825
Ann W. replied on Mon, Apr 4 2011 11:19 PM | Locked

Well Marie, I'm over that limit. LOL.I think I have about 15 laying around here.

Since I'm teaching a few others to quilt all my things are on hold. Maybe I should just tell them once they get to the point I think they can do it .They have to finish all my UFO's. LOL. That would be great payment for teaching them since I'm not asking for anything in exchange for teaching them.Quilty HUgs

Ann W.in Indiana

• | Post Points: 65
Page 1 of 136 (2040 items) 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use