This post has 95 Replies | 13 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,481
Points 244,382
Thea replied on Tue, Oct 20 2009 1:43 PM

Elaine :
How long did it take you to make this quilt.  Elaine

Elaine - I am not sure how long it took me to do - I started it a few months ago and was working on it and a few others at the same time.  I will finish it today when I hand sew the label on -

Paper pieced quilts are tedious - The wedding quilt diaries that are being done is an example.  its not like chain piecing but similar - you do the same piece over and over and over - so I mingled some other projects in with it... I would say if I had to put a time frame - from start to finish if I was doing just this quilt would take me about 2 weeks maybe 3... but I live and breath quilting... I think I started this in august and finished up in Sept. on the piecing and then it hung on the window till the other day when it was its turn to be quilted...

Oh gosh I am just not sure...

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,481
Points 244,382
Thea replied on Tue, Oct 20 2009 1:45 PM

Stephanie:

I don't know Helly, by the look on his face I don't think I'd be the one to move him. He looks perfectly comfortable to me. 

Stephanie - he is my baby - very spoiled because we almost lost him twice so he knew i wouldn't move him...lol - he got up a little while later and looked at me as if to say - what are you waiting for - get busy and finish it so I can have it before you send it to the DIL

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,540
Points 46,089

Althea :

I would say if I had to put a time frame - from start to finish if I was doing just this quilt would take me about 2 weeks maybe 3... but I live and breath quilting... I think I started this in august and finished up in Sept. on the piecing and then it hung on the window till the other day when it was its turn to be quilted...

Oh gosh I am just not sure...

Althea you are like me...people ask me how long it takes me to make a quilt and I say I'm not sure as I seldom do one quilt at a time but sometimes I will spend days at one..I live and breath quilting too and it is not a chore to make a quilt...

Ontario, Canada

• | Post Points: 5
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,540
Points 46,089

Althea :
Stephanie - he is my baby - very spoiled because we almost lost him twice so he knew i wouldn't move him...lol - he got up a little while later and looked at me as if to say - what are you waiting for - get busy and finish it so I can have it before you send it to the DIL
Althea that is too funny...Tabatha thinks that every quilt is made for her and she cries at me when I ask her to move..

Ontario, Canada

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,481
Points 244,382
Thea replied on Tue, Oct 20 2009 2:27 PM

Helly - he is really my spoiled baby - he gets what he wants - although I am still having trouble figuring out cat language - sometimes it is easy - a meow will be OUT... and I open the door - other times a meow will be I'm hungry and it is past dinner time... but his best is his Quit meow - he gets this mean look on his face as he is making a mess of my blocks that are set out on the floor for my DH to peruse as i figure out the setting of them... he will meow and before I know it those blocks are skewered to the 4 corners... he loves doing it and I haven't learned yet...

I will have to take a picture of him next time... I have started putting things on my design wall but every so often I lay them out in the back living room - more room and I like pulling DH into the mix... we have fun watching how china rearranges them and sometimes he does it better then i do!

He is my helper.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,540
Points 46,089

Tabatha is quite vocal..when I ask her if she wants a treat she will meow and go to the cupboard where we keep them...if I ask her if she wants to go outside she will go to the door and look at me..she is very smart...DD just bought her a treat ball...Tabatha has to roll the ball around on the floor to get the treats out.. after the first night the ball was empty...she has figured that if she pushes the ball aroundd the treats will fall out....it will help her keep amused in the winter when she can't go outside because it is too cold oh and I have dried cat nap to help her too.

Ontario, Canada

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 649
Points 12,665

Althea I am up for adoption....if I were your DDIL I would so apprecite this as a gift, it is just  out of this world beautiful....I am so jealous of you talented ladies, I can only dream of creating so pretty.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,481
Points 244,382
Thea replied on Thu, Nov 5 2009 10:55 AM

Dee - I so wish sometimes that I could just take the credit but the quilts make themselves... this is a Judy Niemeyer paper pieced pattern - the only thing I did was buy the back ground fabric the deep deep blue and then I opened up my stash drawers and picked out the brightest fabrics to go with it. 

My DIL will love it - if nothing else because she loves the Bird of Paradise flower - it is her favorite - I had never heard of the flower till she told me that - so the quilt will be special to her for that reason. 

I am just so afraid for my son - he is very sensitive like his Mother - not tough like his Dad - and she walks all over him.  I just hope this quilt will ease the tension between us and make it easier for them to come and visit us with our Grand daughter... we have been invited their for Christmas but Dad has said NO NO NO!!!

Not Ranked
Posts 1
Points 20
Beccah replied on Sun, May 27 2012 11:42 AM

Thea,

Do you, by any chance, still have the Bird of Paradise pattern? I've been looking for it and it's out of stock!

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,093
Points 29,530
Ramona replied on Sun, May 27 2012 12:31 PM

Thea,

ABSOLUTELY STUNNING!!!! What a beautiful quilt with great colors. I know she is going to love it, love it!

Quilton! Ramona

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,784
Points 30,506
Joni replied on Mon, Jul 30 2012 3:35 PM

Spudgrandma

I believe that's "May the Blue Bird of Happiness fly ..."

I bought a huge birthday card for a boss' birthday,with that saying on it, and a painting of bird flying over the cake as he left a big splat.  It was very daring to do so in the late 50's.  He had awesome sense of humor and of self, loved it.

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,784
Points 30,506
Joni replied on Mon, Jul 30 2012 3:39 PM

Those of us with a wry and or dry sense of humor have a hard time with those of low self esteem...they always seem to take umbarge(or is it umbrage) and end up with hurt feelings.  I try to be sensitive to them, but really a sense of humor is so necessary to get by in these trying times.

Love you all, have a Blessed week.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,723
Points 121,515

Beccah:

Thea,

Do you, by any chance, still have the Bird of Paradise pattern? I've been looking for it and it's out of stock!

Becca, one is available on eBay.  It's $12.50 Buy it Now so you don't even have to bid on it. And it's 100% top rated seller.

In the beautiful Pacific Northwest!

• | Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,591
Points 75,975
Karla replied on Wed, Aug 1 2012 11:15 AM

Thea, the quilt is absolutely beautiful...I must try my hand at applique one of these days.

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 119
Points 1,995
Bonnie replied on Thu, Aug 2 2012 6:27 AM

I love your quilt! It is very beautiful and it is making me drool! LOL Every time I look at it (as I keep coming back to see it) the more I am thinking I need to make this! So just might need this pattern.

Bonnie B Western NY

Page 6 of 7 (96 items) « First ... < Previous 3 4 5 6 7 Next > | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use