Althea---I saved it too. 

• | Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,445
Points 94,185

Kris:

Judy,

I've wanted to try triangulations. If this is an endorsement and they work on the Mac I'll give it a shot. I've tried drawing the grid like Thea does and while I've gotten good results, I don't like drawing all the lines.

I'm not sure if we're talking about the same thing, Kris. Several years ago you could make quiltts using triangulation mirrors. These are just a new name for "thangles", except you print an 8.5x11" sheet of them. Here's the link to Brenda Henning's site

Brenda Henning

Gillette, WY

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,443
Points 127,624

Helen Bell:

Spuds, my hubby is sitting her next to me and he just read the title of the post...and then started singing the same song as you said...teehee

EDITH:

Me too Spud. I wasn't sure if I should reply or not. You are too funny!!!!!!!!!!!!!

See, great minds think alike LOL  I guess we are showing our age with that song though...

Life is like a quilt...bits & pieces, joy & sorrow, stitched with love

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,443
Points 127,624

Stephanie:
  Spud and Edith, you had me in "stitches" with the comments about Jimmie Johnson and The Song. Keep up the good work girls, ya'll are the highlight of my day.

I use to just love that song, I'm glad we could lighten you day and give you a laugh Stephanie! Laughter makes us live longer and the longer we live the more we can quilt....

Life is like a quilt...bits & pieces, joy & sorrow, stitched with love

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,312
Points 22,003
Edith replied on Mon, Sep 7 2009 8:47 AM

Stephanie

Jimmie kinda blew the race. They always blame it on the car. Maybe someone told him about my post. Annnnnnnnnnnnnnnd he can't wait to see my QUILTS?????

Laughter is always the best medicine. and it motivates us to quilt quilt quilt .

Always glad to give someone a little giggle or laugh. 

My hubby teases me unmercifully and bring s  me all the articles from the Nascar section of the paper. He says here is your hunk of burning love dear. 

He is so funnny!!!!!!!!!!!

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 961
Points 11,961
Anita replied on Mon, Sep 7 2009 6:06 PM

Oh Thea.

It's beautiful. Words aren't enough to tell you how much I like this.

Fantastic job.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,346
Points 241,972
Thea replied on Mon, Sep 7 2009 6:11 PM

Thank you Anita - I kind of like it too!  lol

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 605
Points 14,486
Tammy replied on Mon, Sep 7 2009 6:16 PM

Althea--It is just gorgeous!!!!  Someday I hope to be as good as you are. Right now I'm into the piecing but will someday try my hand at applique!!  Thanks for showing us this beauty!!!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,346
Points 241,972
Thea replied on Mon, Sep 7 2009 6:19 PM

Tammy - thank you - you are already as great as I am believe me - it just takes practice and patience.  I truly believe that any quilter on here could make any of the quilts that I have made.  Every quilt you make is beautiful!  All are made with love and that is the most important thing.

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 605
Points 14,486
Tammy replied on Mon, Sep 7 2009 7:31 PM

True, true!!  I let it slip my mind, thanks!!  You are definately right!!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,728
Points 364,662
Kris replied on Tue, Sep 8 2009 10:18 AM

Judy Iliff:

I'm not sure if we're talking about the same thing, Kris. Several years ago you could make quiltts using triangulation mirrors. These are just a new name for "thangles", except you print an 8.5x11" sheet of them. Here's the link to Brenda Henning's site

Judy,

thanks for the link. This is what I was talking about. I like working with the grids better than the Thangles which are only one column. I find these to be more accurate.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,445
Points 94,185

Cool! I'm glad they were the right thing. I really like the sheets, too. The Thangles really take a lot of cutting before you can use them.

Gillette, WY

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,728
Points 364,662
Kris replied on Wed, Sep 9 2009 6:07 PM

I'm watching Quilter's Coffee on QNNtv. Mimi Shimp is demonstrating Triangle Paper. I like this product but you have to buy the paper. I like being able to print my own.

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 961
Points 11,961
Anita replied on Wed, Sep 9 2009 10:42 PM

Your quilt is absolutely wonderful.

Althea how many quilts do you have going.

YOU are giving Eleanor a run for her money. Quilt in a day.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,346
Points 241,972
Thea replied on Sun, Oct 18 2009 5:40 PM

here is Bird of Paradise getting quilted while the football game is on - I changed my room so I could watch tv and have a small den like area around the TV... the sewing machine table is out all the way to hold the quilt ... it will fold down and be moved back a little when the Christmas tree goes up in front of the window where my ironing board is...

Page 4 of 7 (96 items) « First ... < Previous 2 3 4 5 6 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use