rated by 0 users
This post has 95 Replies | 13 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,700
Points 248,197
Thea Posted: Sat, Sep 5 2009 11:20 PM

I

I have a little tweaking to do before I sew the last appliques in place but here is my Bird of Paradise Quilt.  It has worn me out making it.  I know my DDIL will love it when she gets it.  I took this picture and then tweaked the applique a little and will start sewing it into place tomorrow... tonight I am exhausted.

that's better - first picture was too light.

• | Post Points: 275
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,445
Points 94,185

That is absolutely beautiful! Love the colors!

Gillette, WY

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,700
Points 248,197
Thea replied on Sat, Sep 5 2009 11:29 PM

Thank you Judy - the blue is actually darker then what it is showing...not sure why it is so bright... i think i'll see if I can adjust it.  I adjusted it - so just disregard this post...lol

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,443
Points 127,624

Wow Althea,

That is so pretty and love the colors! 

Life is like a quilt...bits & pieces, joy & sorrow, stitched with love

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,443
Points 127,624

I must admit though, when I saw the thread title Bird of Paradice my first thought was that song, may the Bird of Paradise fly up your nose.... LOL

• | Post Points: 65
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,445
Points 94,185

Spudgrandma:

I must admit though, when I saw the thread title Bird of Paradice my first thought was that song, may the Bird of Paradise fly up your nose.... LOL

You're not eating enough chocolate, Spud! You're starting to hallucinate! ;-)

Gillette, WY

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,700
Points 248,197
Thea replied on Sat, Sep 5 2009 11:38 PM

I didn't know what a Bird of Paradise flower was till my DDIL showed me one - we didn't have this flower in NY where I grew up - they do grow around here though and are beautiful. 

I hope this BOP doesn't fly up her nose -

She caused me a lot of pain and making this quilt was an exorcism of those problems that she had caused for my son.  I thought only good thoughts about her while making the quilt - good loving thoughts and i do feel much better about her now.  I hope to get the tweaking done and the quilt quilted so I can send it north to MN for Christmas.

Edited name of post to Bird of Paradise Quiolt just for Spud...lol

• | Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,445
Points 94,185

You've probably said this before, Thea, but how big is this quilt? I thought it was a wall hanging, but maybe I'm wrong?

Gillette, WY

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,443
Points 127,624

Judy Iliff:

Spudgrandma:

You're not eating enough chocolate, Spud! You're starting to hallucinate! ;-)

Maybe it is the lack of chocolate, I will have to fix that.... LOL

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,700
Points 248,197
Thea replied on Sun, Sep 6 2009 12:03 AM

Judy the quilt is approximately 80" square.  No, not a wall hanging - that would have been easier to do -

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 25,035
Points 369,017
Kris replied on Sun, Sep 6 2009 12:50 AM

Oh Thea.

WOW. It's beautiful. Words aren't enough to tell you how much I like this. Fantastic job. Hats off to you.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,700
Points 248,197
Thea replied on Sun, Sep 6 2009 12:53 AM

Thank you Kris - I tried hard to get it right...lol...still some tweaking to do in certain places that I want to make better... I did change a couple of the pieces already...lol... am I ever satisfied...lol

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 29
Points 625
Dianne replied on Sun, Sep 6 2009 5:34 AM
wow, who wouldn't love that quilt! it's beautiful!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,700
Points 248,197
Thea replied on Sun, Sep 6 2009 8:26 AM

thank you Dianne.  It is my 2nd adventure into doing Paper piecing and I am still not sold - I have 2 more quilts to do that I spent the money on the patterns for and am just stubborn enough that I will make them - can't afford to waste money...lol

It came out better then I expected but I still have some work to do before it is exactly as I want it to be.

• | Post Points: 35
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,540
Points 46,089

Althea what am amazing quilt you should pat yourself on the back for making it...your dil will surely love it..

Spuds, my hubby is sitting her next to me and he just read the title of the post...and then started singing the same song as you said...teehee

Ontario, Canada

Page 1 of 7 (96 items) 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use