Top 10 Posters

2012 Southeastern Quilt Retreat

Page 10 of 19 (280 items) « First ... < Previous 8 9 10 11 12 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 279 Replies | 39 Followers

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,495
Points 30,430
Diana replied on Fri, May 13 2011 10:16 AM

Yes, Marge, Pappy's is the quilt shop I was referring to.  Been there a lot and it's a really nice shop.  I like the sound of  Tuckaleechee myself.  Lots of time to sew, get to know people, shop a little, site see a little.  4 nights for the price of three is a really nice deal.   Also, I have 2 extra sewing machines I can bring for those flying in.  One's a  10-year-old Bernina 1008 but works beautifully.  The other is a Brother with walking foot, 1/4" guide foot, etc.  I'll be bringing my own new Bernina for sewing.  I also have lots of cutting mats and rulers I can bring so those not driving can use them. These are just a few thoughts.

Diana in East Tn.

• | Post Points: 5
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,495
Points 30,430
Diana replied on Fri, May 13 2011 10:19 AM

P.S..   I have a Stover Card and pass by the Stover Outlet......I'll supply the "CHOCOLATE" since that's not restricted.  Anyone need sugar-free??? 

Diana in East Tn.

• | Post Points: 20
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,482
Points 43,630
Vivian replied on Fri, May 13 2011 10:39 AM

I know some people have dietary restrictions, but sugar-free and caffeine-free when speaking of chocolate just sends shivers down my spine.  I will happily take the loan of a sewing machine for the retreat, but I can bring everything else.  Mats and the rest will fit in my luggage.

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,179
Points 15,780
Susan replied on Fri, May 13 2011 10:58 AM

Marge, tuckaleechee sounds good to me. I will be driving from Jacksonville, Florida in a 8 passenger SUV if any one is interested in riding with me. Thanks for all your hard work in researching this retreat for us. Susan

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,253
Points 173,013
Marie replied on Fri, May 13 2011 11:34 AM

Barbara:
.this is sure a big weight off my shoulders now  knowing that ther is some money comeing starting next month

Great news Barbara, I'm so happy for you.

Millbury, MA

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 482
Points 9,060
Darlene replied on Fri, May 13 2011 11:51 AM

Marge

I am interested in retreating with all of you.Anytime is good and where ever you decide is perfect.I will keep my eyes open for the decision.

I will probably drive from Ontario so anywhere south and warm is good

Darlene (2many horses)

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,253
Points 173,013
Marie replied on Fri, May 13 2011 12:06 PM

Kris:
I'm up for anything. I just want to be with fellow quilters and possibly find someone to adopt me (I'm still on the market

Kris, are you still planning on driving and having me as a passenger?  If so consider yourself adopted! 

Millbury, MA

• | Post Points: 35
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,482
Points 43,630
Vivian replied on Fri, May 13 2011 3:21 PM

Wow, I just googled the road route, only about 4000 km's.  barely a days driving!!!.  Maybe I will fly.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,314
Points 154,598

Vivian - I wouldn't worry about not being able to bring your "stuff" with you.  those of us who will be driving will probably be able to bring spare machines and such just like some of the gals are doing for the retreats this year in Wash. and Iowa.  We can figure out who will bring what when the time gets closer. 

Marge (AKA Dimples)

Griffin, GA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,706
Points 436,515
Nana replied on Fri, May 13 2011 7:33 PM

Barbara

That is wonderful news.  You are very lucky that everything went thru with the first try.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,706
Points 436,515
Nana replied on Fri, May 13 2011 7:41 PM

Marge

Personally I like the retreat site at Tuckalechee.  I prefer having the sewing area in the same place that we stay.  I also don't mind sharing a bed if it is needed.  The more people the merrier and if a few of us have to double up I hope that won't be an issue either.

Now for length of stay.  Most of us that are going to Washington are checking in on Sunday and checking out on Friday which gives us 4 full days for sewing or whatever.   Even if we decide to do the 5 nights we would only pay for 4 with the one night free.  I don't remember what you said the cost was there though.  The pics sure are beautiful.

Also I can help supply a sewing machine or two for those that need them.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,797
MNnancy replied on Fri, May 13 2011 9:15 PM

If October is hard to book, I agree with Nana that late September might be a good alternative.  Thanks to those who are offering to bring in extra sewing machines for those of us who would be flying. 

How many sewing stations does the meeting room support?  That might determine if we need/want to double up in the bedrooms.

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Top 200 Contributor
Posts 357
Points 2,480
Heather replied on Fri, May 13 2011 9:18 PM
Hi Marge and Everyone - yea, definitely, I don't want anyone to have to trample up and down stairs and then the sewing room will be so far...thanks for checking into the place further, Marge :). I finally had a chance to review Tuckalechee and agree w/ everyone - it is fabulous! And, I love the pay for three nights and get the fourth free deal!
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,470
Points 24,110

Nana:
Personally I like the retreat site at Tuckalechee

I like Tuckalechee, too. It sounds like a great place. And late September is a good time. And I am for the 4 days for the price of 3. Count me in.

Barbara, I am so glad that you were able to get the disablity approved the first time around. That is not how it usually happens. So happy for you. Are you still wanting to carpool to Iowa? And would you be interested in carpooling to The Smokies as well? It would make it a lot easier on both our pocketbooks. I really don't want to fly if I don't have to. You can't take your stuff with you that way.

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 3,771
Points 50,500
mars92 replied on Sat, May 14 2011 12:05 AM

Marge,

Is this close to Knoxville, TN?  I have an Aunt and cousin that live there  and was thinking I could combine a retreat trip w/ visting them.  If I am feeling well enough I would like to try to make this retreat since it's at least in the same state as my aunt!

Marlene

Page 10 of 19 (280 items) « First ... < Previous 8 9 10 11 12 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use