Page 1 of 4 (48 items) 1 2 3 4 Next > | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 47 Replies | 0 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,334
Points 241,792
Thea Posted: Sun, Aug 30 2009 3:04 PM

Age Activated Attention Deficit Disorder...

at one time I thought I was developing this and just found this in some stuff my DH has me going through as we are reducing the bulk in our house - I think I got this back sometime in 2002-2004 as the things in this basket (including a Quilter's World magazine) are dated from then...

anyway...

this is how it manifests...

I decided to wash my car.  As i start toward the garage, I notice that there is mail on the hall table.  I decide to go through the mail before I wash the car.  I lay my car keys down on the table, put the junk mail in the trash can under the table, and notice that the trash can is full, So, I decide to put the bills back on the table and take out the trash first.

But then I think, since I'm going to be near the mailbox when I take out the trash anyway, I may as well pay the bills first.I take my checkbook off the table, and see that there is only one check left. 

My extra checks are in my desk in the study, so I go to my desk where I find the can of SODA that I had been drinking.  I'm going to look for my checks, but first I need to push the soda aside so that I don't accidentally knock it over.  I see that the soda is getting warm, and I decide I should put it in the refrigerator to keep it cold.  As I head toward the kitchen with the soda, a vase of flowers on the counter catches my eye. 

They need to be watered.  I set the soda down on the counter, and I discover my reading glasses that I've been searching for all morning.  I decide I better put them back on my desk, but first I'm going to water the flowers. 

I set the galsses back down on the counter, fill a container with water, and suddenly I spot the TV remote.  someone left it on the kitchen table.  I realize that tonight when we go to watch TV, we will be looking for the remote, but nobody will remember that it's on the kitchen table, so I decide to put it back in the den where it belongs, but first I'll water the flowers.

I splash some water on the flowers, but most of it spills on the floor.  so, I set the remote back down on the table, get some towels and wipe up the spill.  Then I head down the hall trying to remember what I was plannning to do...

At the end of the day---

the car isn't wash, the bills aren't paid, there is a warm can of SODA sitting on the counter, the flowers aren't watered, there is still only one check in my checkbook., I can't find the remote, I can't find my glasses, and i don't remember what I did with the car keys...

Then when I try to figure out why nothing got done today, I'm really baffled because I know I was busy all day long, and I'm really tired.  i realize this is a serious problem and I'll try to get some help for it but first I'll check my email.  Do me a favor, will you?  Forward this message to everyone you know, because I dont' remember to whom it has been sent... Don't laugh -- if this isnt' you yet ..... your day is coming!!!

hmmmm - I wonder why I forgot this in the basket that it was in!!!  Now, it is going in the trash bag....lol

• | Post Points: 80
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,445
Points 94,185

AAADD or menopause! LOL!

Thanks, Thea, that's funny - and true!

Gillette, WY

• | Post Points: 5
Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 92
Points 2,678
OMG Althea, That is me to a T. Thank you so much for sharing it! I get nothing done, that is a typical day for me. Oh well.
MAKE EVERYDAY AN ADVENTURE!
  • | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,334
Points 241,792
Thea replied on Sun, Aug 30 2009 3:16 PM

Every day is an adventure in my life Edith...lol

Watch out - have no idea what I will find next - lol...

is that a symptom of menopause - hmmmm - that was so long ago have forgotten most except my one boss would ask me when I came to work if I had taken my happy pill...lol

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,312
Points 22,003
Edith replied on Sun, Aug 30 2009 3:18 PM

Oh my goodness Althea. 

This is definatley what I have. Now I know as you say I am always so tired and I don't get a lot accomplished as I am chasing myself all day.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,714
Points 364,457
Kris replied on Sun, Aug 30 2009 3:25 PM

Thea, I do it all the time. I am also very absent minded. I decide to do something then forget what it was in the act of getting started. I came downstairs this morning to discover I'd turned my machine on last night 9or sometime yesterday) The presser foot was removed and that's how left it. I have no clue what It was I planned on doing.

I have learned to write things down as soon as they come to me.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,334
Points 241,792
Thea replied on Sun, Aug 30 2009 3:29 PM

Kris, I find I am still pretty organized but a couple years ago I started carrying a little note pad with me to jot notes down on.  I was on a ton of medication and some days didn't know my name let alone what I was doing... all the meds but 2 are gone now  - just told the docs i would rather be here then in zombie land... it took a while but most of my memory is back and my cognitive reasoning... but I still carry that note pad just to keep me on track.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,398
Points 119,581
Patti replied on Sun, Aug 30 2009 5:37 PM

my job requires multi-tasking, which usually ends up with a very messy desk, and before I go home, when no one is asking for anything anymore, I try to work from the top of the piles down.  Finally, when my brain shorts from overload, and I shove it all in a pile, and leave.  If I can find my keys.  I usually find them by the "pat method."  Pat the piles until I find the lump.   I have a note pad that says, "my desk may be cluttered, but my mind is empty."

I didn't know I had ADD until my daughter was diagnosed.

Patti

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,400
Points 415,559
gini replied on Mon, Aug 31 2009 9:14 AM

althea, you described my life to a tee.  just add a hyperactive husband and daughter, and two grandkids  and there i am.   gini

gini in north idaho

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,334
Points 241,792
Thea replied on Mon, Aug 31 2009 1:18 PM

Gini, Glad to be of service.  I just wish i could remember where I put my keys - found the computer and the remote to the tv today - although haven't turned it on just yet... but where are my keys???

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,334
Points 241,792
Thea replied on Mon, Aug 31 2009 2:21 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7lSliucgygc

Enjoy!

• | Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,714
Points 364,457
Kris replied on Mon, Aug 31 2009 4:41 PM

Thea,

that's hilarious. This song is spot on. My father calls all our names before he get the right one. Every year he calls me on the wrong birthday then I help him figure out whose it is. My mom is always in the background saying "I told you to write it down!"

Worst of all, I came to work in my bed slippers. All my co-workers and patients think it's quite funny. I blame the cats for letting me leave the house this way. At least I got dressed.

• | Post Points: 50
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,334
Points 241,792
Thea replied on Mon, Aug 31 2009 5:30 PM

Glad you liked it Kris, I need  a picture of you in bed slippers at work - too hilarious...laughing with you not at you!!!  dang kitties - they have to meow louder!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,714
Points 364,457
Kris replied on Mon, Aug 31 2009 5:48 PM

Thea,

if I remember I'll have DH take a photo when I get home.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,334
Points 241,792
Thea replied on Mon, Aug 31 2009 7:20 PM

Okay - that picture will be okay but next time you have to get one "at" work!!!  we know there will be a next time - your kitties don't meow loudly enough!  Although after you scold them i bet they bite your feet next time you try to leave...lol

Page 1 of 4 (48 items) 1 2 3 4 Next > | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use