Need Quilting Advice Please

rated by 0 users
Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 15 Replies | 2 Followers

Top 100 Contributor
Female
763 Posts
Points 16,110
Joy posted on Thu, Feb 24 2011 8:38 PM

I just finished this Crown Royal Quilt and I am still at a loss on how to quilt it. Usually by the time I have all the piecing done I know exactly how I am going to quilt it - This time I am totally stumped! HELP!!!

The only thing I do know is I don't want to stitch in the ditch.

I thought about an all over pattern but I am worried that will take away from the block. Just totally perplexed on this one. And I am also ready to be done with this project. so my brain is shutting down....

Sorry these pictures aren't very good. my camera is broke so all I have is my cell phone.

Complete; the quilt is 30 star in a star Crown Royal blocks with sashing. The yellow is flannel and the purple is a moda marble. The quilting thread I have is purple.

Any advice will be greatly appreciated. (The easier and quicker the better :) :)

Joy

Mooresville, NC

All Replies

Top 500 Contributor
182 Posts
Points 2,685

I am ready to quilt  Interwoven Melodies [ sorry no picture] , Its a 2 inch square , bordered with 3 strips  times 4.    [3 going north, 3 west, 3 south and 3 east. with the 2 inch square in the middle. There is no set block as each section intermingles with another.  The 3 strips are each 2 inches wide.  This is very difficult to describe, and I forgot where I saw the pattern. I would like to do something other than a meander if possible  but I am at a loss as to what.   Any ideas?

• | Post Points: 5
Page 2 of 2 (16 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use