Shuttle launch

Page 2 of 2 (23 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 22 Replies | 2 Followers

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,584
Points 54,511
Sandy H. replied on Tue, Aug 25 2009 7:40 PM

Judy, they said on my local news that NASA would be meeting tonight to decide when the next attempt will be.

Southwest Florida

• | Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,445
Points 94,185

Thanks, Sandy. I think I know that there's only a small window of opportunity; therefore, they have to launch during that time or they'll miss their target.

I feel kind of badly for Barbara and Clayton Ford whose son is the pilot. Barbara has had some real health issues this past year. I can't imagine, first of all, what it would be like to have a child going into outer space. That in itself would be scary I think. On the other hand, Barbara has talked about this for a year, so I know she's excited for Kevin to achieve his dream. It would a disappointment to them all if the mission got set back too much farther.

Gillette, WY

• | Post Points: 5
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,584
Points 54,511
Sandy H. replied on Tue, Aug 25 2009 7:44 PM

Hit the post button too soon.  Our local news keeps a close watch on the shuttle because we can actually see it from here when it goes.  It's amazing, when you think about how many miles up it is, how long you can see it.

Southwest Florida

• | Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,445
Points 94,185

I would love to see a launch!

Gillette, WY

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,584
Points 54,511
Sandy H. replied on Tue, Aug 25 2009 8:03 PM

I would love to go to Cocoa Beach to see one.  I think being able to se it and feel it would be the most exciting thing.  And we live close enough we could do it, but if it gets delayed like this one, I could end up driving for 6 hours one way and still not get to see it.

Southwest Florida

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 179
Points 2,800
Linda Lou replied on Tue, Aug 25 2009 9:25 PM

Yes Spud,

I do have some very interesting neighbors.  I live 10 miles from the Johnson Space Center. I have friends and neighbors who have either retired from NASA or are still working there.  Our daughter worked for 5 years for Space Industries, Inc. until the founder and owner got old enough he lost the company due to the mis-management by some of his younger engineers .

Our SIL is the staff photographer for Boeing so he has access to NASA for picture taking.

OMG does he ever have some pictures.  Anyway, I do have a lot of interesting neighbors.

I was standing in an upstairs window looking over the trees when Challenger 7 came tumbling down.  We could see the fireball.  All I could do was stand there and cry.  I hadn't heard anything on the tv, I just knew. (My husband is a pilot so you just know when something is wrong).

I pray for the astronauts and think of them all the time they are in flight. 

Linda Lou

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,395
Points 119,521
Patti replied on Sat, Sep 28 2013 6:38 AM

Don't click on RC helicopter.  Something very odd about this post.

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,472
Points 362,082
Kris replied on Sat, Sep 28 2013 1:29 PM

This person is trolling the old, long forgotten threads.

Page 2 of 2 (23 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use