Page 1 of 2 (19 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 18 Replies | 8 Followers

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 8
Points 250
marie Posted: Thu, Feb 3 2011 8:56 PM

Hi  all you great quilters!  I have been quilting for about 20 years on and off.  I have alot of quilts sitting waiting to be quilted. I quilt by hand as I do not have a quilting machine just a regular machine.  I am going to try and learn to quilt on my machine so I can get some of these quilts done.  My first quilt was one for my daughter. I designed it and pieced and appliqued flowers and vines on the border. It turned out really nice. she now uses it for her daughters bed.  the second one I did was a feather lone star quilt for my queen bed. I started this before my sister died (she got me started quilting).   I didn`t pick it up again until 20 years later and when I was going thru chemo for the same cancer.  I finished it with great pride.  I t is off white and peach. As soon as I get a picture of it I will put it on to show all.  I have made many more quilts and many presents.  I just need more hours in a day to do them all waiting and ideas to do yet.  Keep on quilting everyone enjoy! 

• | Post Points: 200
Not Ranked
Female
Posts 38
Points 690
Kelly replied on Thu, Feb 3 2011 9:40 PM

Hi Marie,

Welcome QCA you;ll have a blast here.  Quilting is such great theraphy for mind and soul.

I wish you well with your chemo treatments.

Kelly

Kelly

• | Post Points: 5
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,807
Points 43,614
Eileen replied on Thu, Feb 3 2011 10:19 PM

Welcome, Marie :-) It's always nice to have new people join us. You'll find lots of friendly, funny & helpful folks here. We love "show and tell" so I can't wait to see your quilt.

Sorry to hear about your sister not surviving her cancer but glad you came through it. You've been given the gift of time to finish all your UFOs!

If you are interested in doing any quilting by machine, we've got a group of people overcoming their "fears" of FMQing (free motion quilting) in a thread called "Fear no more..." - take a look. 

Hope you're enjoying QCA so far :-)

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,659
Points 435,535
Nana replied on Thu, Feb 3 2011 10:22 PM

Marie

Welcome to QCA.  Your feathered star sounds beautiful.  Hope you chat with us frequently and show us pics of your quilts.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,110
Points 410,949
gini replied on Fri, Feb 4 2011 1:27 AM

welcome marie, i will look forwarto talking with you and seeing some of your quilts      gini

gini in north idaho

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 23,813
Points 352,282
Kris replied on Fri, Feb 4 2011 2:06 AM

Welcome Marie

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,760
Points 247,454
Barbara replied on Fri, Feb 4 2011 4:42 AM

Welcome Marie, hope you will enjoy your time here with us , Will send  prayers for your sister..BArbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 11,649
Points 135,942

Welcome to the club Marie.

[Ava, Missouri

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 626
Points 13,135

Welcome Marie...I hope to get to know you better through your posts. This group of people are quite amazing!!!

Cumberland Gap, TN

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,265
Points 35,160

Welcome Marie,  as everyone else said, this is a great site to get to know people from all over and help for those of us still learning.

Granny M

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,815
Points 105,945
Linny t replied on Fri, Feb 4 2011 11:24 AM

Welcome, Marie.  I'm looking forward to seeing your feathered lone star.  I hand quilt, too.  It's very theraputic, I think, but like you, I have many quilts in the wings waiting to be quilted.  There's a group in this club called Fear-No-More FMQers who are taking the "quilting by machine" plunge together, if you're interested.  If you go to Message Boards you'll see their thread there.   

Linny T

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,314
Points 154,598

Welcome Marie   I am looking forward to you posting some of your quilts.  We love show and tell. :o) 

Marge (AKA Dimples)

Griffin, GA

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 14
Points 280
Nanny D replied on Sat, Feb 5 2011 2:35 AM

Welcome Marie. I'm a newbie to QCA too. I do some hand piecing also. I call it "busy work." I can't seem to just sit and watch tv. I have to be on the computer, piecing, knitting or crocheting.  Right now I am doing a Grandmother's Garden hexagon pattern. I have 55 "flowers" made but I don't have a clue what I'm going to do with them.  I am also working on another one that is 10" blocks when put together. I hope all is well with your health.

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 428
Points 7,640

Welcome Marie!  I am also very new to QCA .  Lovely to meet you.  I look forward to seeing a photo of your quilt when you get the picture taken.

Kim in Canada

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,414
Points 62,732

Marie--

Welcome.  Looking forward to seeing your quilt pics.  This is a great group.

Kissimmee, FL

Page 1 of 2 (19 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today Copyright ©2009-2014, Crafts Media, LLC ALL Rights Reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use