Machine quilting

rated by 0 users
Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 3 Replies | 2 Followers

Not Ranked
Female
47 Posts
Points 635
Cathy M posted on Tue, Feb 1 2011 7:09 PM

I have never machine quilted before and I have a old machine a memory craft 8000, will it be hard to learn on that machine please realize though I'm a perfectioness when it comes to my quilts. Also I needle turn applique and do you know if you can still machine quilt one of that type and still do welll in a show if one was to enter,

Thank you to anyone who can help me.

Cathy M

• | Post Points: 35

All Replies

Top 50 Contributor
Female
2,266 Posts
Points 35,145

Cathy,  If you can drop the feed dogs and adjust the tension when needed on that machine than you can machine quilt on it.  In fact the machine I had before the Quattro the feed dogs did not drop but it had a cover you put over them.  I learn machine quilting on that machine.  Oh, I am still learning, not perfect by any means.

Granny M

• | Post Points: 5
Top 150 Contributor
Female
448 Posts
Points 5,660

Hi Cathy-I have a Memory Craft machine as well and don't have any trouble with machine quilting. I do like to do some free-motion quilting and the best thing to do with that is practice, practice, practice. I make a quilt sandwich and practice until I feel comfortable enough to do it on the intended quilt.

Good luck!

• | Post Points: 20
Top 150 Contributor
Female
626 Posts
Points 13,135

You could always join in on the fun with those of us learning to do FMQ. We are all learning and having a great time. There are many tips and tricks posted in there. We are practicing all week and then posting our practice pics on Saturdays. We are not perfect by any means but that is what practice is for.

Here is the link to the thread.... Fear-No-More FMQers

Cumberland Gap, TN

• | Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use