Meeting Molly

Page 1 of 2 (18 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 17 Replies | 7 Followers

Not Ranked
Posts 37
Points 700
Lady the Lab Posted: Thu, Jan 27 2011 1:27 PM

I am a 63 year old recently retired woman who loves quilting. Unfortunately, I like the piecing part better than the quilting part even though I have a Handi Quilter to help me with that task. I have promised myself that I will finish all of the quilt tops that I have pieced into nice quilts AND complete all of those that are in progress before I cut out a new quilt. This is a hard task. I just went through my sewing room and realized how many that is. I am wondering if I'll live long enough to be able to piece a new quilt!! I think I will as I have longevity in my family! I guess I just need to take one at a time and do it; however, I find myself unmotivated to do so. I am hand quilting one of the quilts and am satisfied with it so far. I am about half done. I have one on the quilt machine that is almost done. I can't afford to send all of the quilts out to be professionally quilted; I have done that with some special ones but have felt that they are over quilted. So I guess I need motivation to complete tasks. I'll get started right now and have the one off the quilting machine before dinner as I only have two more strips to quilt! 

I hope to be a better member of the board. I have a fancy signature; my son will teach me how to incorporate it into my messages.

Molly aka Lady the Lab!  

• | Post Points: 140
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,705
Points 436,495
Nana replied on Thu, Jan 27 2011 2:00 PM

Molly

Welcome to the group.  Hope you have a great time with us....we love chatting and hearing about quilts and especially seeing pics of quilts.  Sorry that you don't enjoy the quilting part...what a bummer.

Vinton, Virginia

• | Post Points: 20
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,472
Points 46,470

Molly, welcome to QCA. Perhaps you need to develop a rewards system for yourself to add a little motivation for quilting. I have a quilt that I am almost finished quilting, but have lost interest in so I understand the lack of motivation. I tried not starting anything new, so I just ended up not doing anything. I am now working on the Farmer's Wife Sampler. I am happy to get to do some piecing and then I can do a little quilting. However I am  just waiting for some motivation to fall out of the sky and hit me in the head then I can get it finished! . No luck so far, LOL!

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,111
Points 14,310
Dawn replied on Thu, Jan 27 2011 3:30 PM

Welcome to the club!  I hope you enjoy it as much as I do!  Fabulous people here to help, laugh, cry, pray, whatever!  I am a stay-at-home Grandma, 1 hubby, 30 yrs. married, 2 kids, 5 grandkids.  I love to quilt!  Again, welcome!

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,299
Points 414,044
gini replied on Thu, Jan 27 2011 3:34 PM

welcome molly, this is a fun group to hang out with     gini

gini in north idaho

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,253
Points 173,013
Marie replied on Thu, Jan 27 2011 4:56 PM

Welcome Molly you've come to the right place for all your quilting woes, enjoy!

Millbury, MA

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,974
Points 63,980
Robin replied on Thu, Jan 27 2011 5:34 PM

Molly,

Welcome to the club!  You'll find a wonderful group of cheerleaders here.  Quilting can be fun if you can find the right TV show, at least for me.   Good luck finishing all of your projects.

Robin

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,266
Points 35,145
Granny M replied on Thu, Jan 27 2011 5:43 PM

Welcome to the club Molly.  You are in good company, several on here have UFO's in fact I think there is a forum for encouraging getting them done.  I have so little room that I have to finish before I start a new one or I would have no place to put it.   You'll find alot of support and fun.  I am retired and also have grandchildren and great-grandchilden.

Granny M

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 11,649
Points 135,957
Leslie replied on Thu, Jan 27 2011 5:58 PM

Hi Molly, so nice to have you here, hope you will stop in and chat, and share some pictures of your work,

[Ava, Missouri

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,404
Points 361,172
Kris replied on Thu, Jan 27 2011 6:00 PM

Welcome Molly.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,776
Points 247,884
Barbara replied on Thu, Jan 27 2011 6:43 PM

Molly, welcome to the club, this is a great place to get motavation, as we all try to cheer each other on. we even have a group for UFO"S ,you might check it out ,I'm sure they can hlep...Hope you will enjoy your time with us ..Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 626
Points 13,135

Welcome Molly. I completely understand the lack of motivation. This year I want to finish some UFOs so I have decided that I am only allowed to start one project for every two finished. UGH! That may be difficult to hold myself to except that right now I have one that I am enjoying and one that must be done before my first grandchild comes in the first week of March. Times-a-wastin' so I need to get busy on that one!

Cumberland Gap, TN

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,797
MNnancy replied on Thu, Jan 27 2011 8:04 PM

If you have a HandiQuilter, I have a possible solution.  You could put up an ad in your local quilt shop - advertise that you will teach an interested person how to use your HQ so they can finish their tops at your house at no charge IF they will agree to quilt your tops, too.  I'll bet you'd get a taker!

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 626
Points 13,135

Now that is a good idea Nancy!! I would be a taker if I were closer!

Hey Molly where are you?

Cumberland Gap, TN

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 594
Points 24,165

Welcome Molly!

If you want a fun incentive for finishing your UFOs you can join the QCA UFO Group.

Here is the link:The UFO Group

Patti the moderator is giving out block of the month patterns for each UFO a group member finishes....It's worth checking out!

Best wishes,

QCA Liz S.

Page 1 of 2 (18 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use