Top 10 Posters

Irons, Which is the best?

rated by 0 users
Answered (Not Verified) This post has 0 verified answers | 20 Replies | 5 Followers

Not Ranked
Female
19 Posts
Points 350
Vickievan posted on Fri, Jan 21 2011 4:10 PM

I had a Rowenta. It worked for a long time.  I just wondered if the Aliso is better, or what others you are using??

Thanks! Vickie

• | Post Points: 185

All Replies

Top 10 Contributor
Female
13,314 Posts
Points 154,618

Draggin....  I hope you are able to find this and it answers some of your questions about irons. 

Marge (AKA Dimples)

Griffin, GA

• | Post Points: 5
Top 50 Contributor
Female
2,139 Posts
Points 40,900

Grandma Sal I am the same with my Gingher scissors and I just bought a Rowenta this year and love it although it does go through a lot of water but then it gives out tons of steam.  The only thing I dislike about my Rowenta is that it does not have an on/off setting.  As soon as you plug it in it is on and stays on even though it has a mode where if you don't use it for a few minutes it supposedly shuts off but it is technically still on.  I plugged mine into a powerbar that I can shut off and on as my outlet is in an awkward spot and it was a pain to unplug every time I left the room.

Paris, Ontario

Top 50 Contributor
Female
2,824 Posts
Points 43,844
Eileen replied on Mon, Feb 21 2011 7:56 AM

Vickie, I asked a similar question a while back - this link takes you to that thread & there's lots of great info from QCA members. I ended up getting a Reliable Digital Velocity but have since had the opportunity to use the Oliso & I like it, too.

http://www.quiltersclubofamerica.com/forums/t/4088.aspx?PageIndex=1

Good luck with your search for a new iron!

Not Ranked
1 Posts
Points 5
plwylie replied on Wed, Feb 23 2011 11:53 AM

Hello,

I have an Eliso.  It's a good iron but I'm not sure that it was better than my old B&D given it cost so much more than the B&D.  It does spit up less than my old B&D and I have been careful to use distilled water in it.

Regards,

pauline

Top 150 Contributor
Female
763 Posts
Points 16,110
Joy replied on Thu, Feb 24 2011 8:26 PM

I have wondered the same thing about the eliso but the its just too pricey for me. I have 3 Rowenta Irons. Yes 3. I purchased 1 at Hancocks on sale with an extra 10% off. Its mid grade. Then I found the professional one at an overstock outlet for $10 so I picked it up...and fell in love. Then a few weeks ago I was at a good will type store and found another professional one for $6.00 so I bought it! It works great too! I don't think I'll run out of irons anytime soon :)  The pro iron only takes 8 seconds to get hot so its not too inconvenient. Maybe someday I'll see the Eliso at the 2nd hand store....hmmm....

Joy

Mooresville, NC

Top 150 Contributor
Female
763 Posts
Points 16,110
Joy replied on Sat, Feb 26 2011 8:20 PM

Fon's & Porter did a segment this morning on irons! You should check it out. There was some really great information. Especially on the Eliso.

Joy

Mooresville, NC

Page 2 of 2 (21 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2015 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.