Page 1 of 2 (21 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 20 Replies | 8 Followers

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 5
Points 265
Colleen Posted: Thu, Jan 20 2011 7:41 PM

Hello from Fargo ND  where the winters are cold and the wind blows so hard that fences are known to fall over.

Look for us in the news come spring time when the snow melts and the Red River rises causing major flooding. There's a 50% chance this will surpass the major flood of 2009.

I've finished my daughters  tee shirt quilt for Christmas followed with a couple of canvas bags and quiver case for our 4-H club. Now I'm looking at mariner compass patterns for my next challenge. 

I'm so excited to interact with fellow quilters via internet to keep me inspired.

Colleen

54492-61-571709A14D4CBC7BC64FB510BF

CBC7BC64FB510BF

• | Post Points: 230
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 11,649
Points 135,957
Leslie replied on Thu, Jan 20 2011 7:46 PM

Hi Collen, nice to meet you welcome to qca.

[Ava, Missouri

• | Post Points: 5
Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 373
Points 4,980
Annette replied on Thu, Jan 20 2011 7:46 PM

Welcome Colleen!   I'm from Iowa, so not too far away.   Be sure to check out all the groups and the show-n-tell.  There's a lot of inspiration there.   Sitting reading the threads is a great way to pass way a cold winter evening.  It's a great group of people here too.   I also appreciate your sunflower picture - think spring!

Annette

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,383
Points 360,872
Kris replied on Thu, Jan 20 2011 8:43 PM

Welcome Colleen.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,797
MNnancy replied on Thu, Jan 20 2011 9:56 PM

Colleen:
Hello from Fargo ND  where the winters are cold and

Hello from Minnesota, Colleen, where on this winter night it will be dipping to 24 below, so they say.

Let's hope for your river that it is a slow thaw this spring.

Stay warm, and happy quilting!

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,698
Points 436,355
Nana replied on Thu, Jan 20 2011 9:58 PM

Colleen

Welcome to the group.  We love meeting new folks and hearing about their quilting and lives.  Don't envy your living in ND....too much winter for me.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 448
Points 5,660
CJ Hines replied on Thu, Jan 20 2011 10:05 PM

Welcome to QCA, Colleen! I'm in Iowa and it's supposed to get 15 below zero tonight, with wind chill putting it at 30 below. So I know you know what I'm talking about:) 

We look forward to seeing some of your creations--I just finished a T-shirt quilt for my daughter -in-law; I'd be interested to see the ones you've made--maybe post a few pictures in the gallery? 

Glad you're here!

• | Post Points: 20
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,127
Points 28,535
Wendy replied on Thu, Jan 20 2011 10:48 PM

Welcome Colleen!!! We hope that you will come back often and chat with us. As you can see, We love to chat as well as quilt.

• | Post Points: 20
Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 402
Points 7,370
Valerie replied on Thu, Jan 20 2011 10:57 PM

brrr I grew up in Iowa and do not miss the bitter winters. That being said Welcome to the group Colleen! I really like the Mariner's Compass but believe it will be a long time before I try to tackle that project. Have you been quilting for long? I just started teaching myself to sew/quilt.

Valerie

Woodbridge VA

Top 200 Contributor
Posts 320
Points 4,485
Ally replied on Thu, Jan 20 2011 10:58 PM

Welcome Colleen

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,773
Points 247,869
Barbara replied on Thu, Jan 20 2011 11:13 PM

Hi Colleen,welcome to the club. As of now I'm not so sure you are the only one that is having a awful winter . todnight its gonna get really cold for us.. Still I don't think I would want your winters either.  You are gonna love it here ,thisis a great chatty site..Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,281
Points 413,759
gini replied on Thu, Jan 20 2011 11:59 PM

hi colleen  welcome to qca.     gini

gini in north idaho

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 365
Points 4,075
Liz K replied on Fri, Jan 21 2011 12:44 AM

Welcome Colleen

When my husband was out of work he applied for a job pu your way - I am glad he did not get it.  As far as I am concerned Iowa is cold enough.

I hope you enjoy all your new quilting friends!

Top 200 Contributor
Posts 357
Points 2,480
Heather replied on Fri, Jan 21 2011 1:11 AM
Hi Colleen! It is so nice to meet you. I currently live in Nashville, however, I will be moving back to Florida shortly. I can only imagine how cold it is where you are..lol..we got about w to 2 inches of snow in Nashville today and the whole town shut down lol. I have been quilting only for about 4 months now, however, this site has been extremely helpful and a load of fun. Please join us in the 'groups' for enjoyable projects or just jump in wherever you want...it is nice to have you here.
Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 626
Points 13,135

Colleen:
Hello from Fargo ND  

Welcome Colleen, I have a friend that recently moved to your neck of the woods and boy is she suffering from culture shock...I laugh at her ALOT!!!

Colleen:
I've finished my daughters  tee shirt quilt

Please don't say that too loud you will cause my DD to start her rant about the fact that hers is not done (or started for that matter).

Colleen:
I'm looking at mariner compass patterns for my next challenge. 

That is quite a jump...from T-Shirt quilt to Mariner's Compass, I have to assume you have been quilting for a while.

Please share pics of your treasures if you are so inclined. Oh and we love to see pics of sewing spaces no matter how big/small messy/clean we love them all - not that we are nosey/curious just friendly....ok we are nosey!!!  LOL

Cumberland Gap, TN

Page 1 of 2 (21 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use