Top 10 Posters

What are you up to today!

Page 1040 of 1040 (15598 items) « First ... < Previous 1036 1037 1038 1039 1040 | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 15,597 Replies | 27 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 11,657
Points 136,092
Leslie replied on Tue, Dec 14 2010 4:38 AM | Locked

I like it when you girls can't sleep, for then I have company in the mornings when I'm up getting ready for work. lol

[Ava, Missouri

• | Post Points: 50
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,314
Points 154,618
Marge (AKA Dimples) replied on Tue, Dec 14 2010 4:56 AM | Locked

UGH!  I just made the mistake of looking at the weather.  It is only 16 but "feels like 3".  Do I want to be brave and go to the store this early????  My DGS has to be to work by 6 so I know that he is probably already out there in the cold, cruel predawn.  One of these mornings when I am up before the chickens, he is going to come tapping on the window and scare the bejeebers out of me. 

Neko is happy as long as he can't see the kitty picture in the bottom of his bowl. :o]  If during the course of the day, he see that picture, he will bug you until you put something in his dish.  BUT when you get up in the morning, it doesn't matter how much they have in their bowls.  You have to at least pretend to refill their bowls or there is no living with the two of them.  You would think they were starving.  Neko also has to get into the litter box one last time before you clean it.  Molly, on the other hand, waits until you finish and then visits.  Cats are such prima donnas!  And push the sides of the envelope!  They know they are not allowed on the table but every time you sit down to eat, their little heads pop up over the edge of the table, then one paw sneaks up,  When the second paw hits the table is when we finally say something to them, the little paws disappear and you get the "Huh, what paws on the table" look. 

Marge (AKA Dimples)

Griffin, GA

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 20,208
Points 253,379
Barbara replied on Tue, Dec 14 2010 5:56 AM | Locked

Leslie,I'm up early to. body say's to s;eep longer ,mind wants to quilt. ,so with cappachino in hand I'm stopping here first then off to machine for awhile. DH is still alseep so don't hve to deal with him ,yet,only problem is I fall asleep while typing lol....I'll get woke up here soon...

Marge ,gald to hear Dave came thru with great results..Aways make one feel so much better..Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,650
Points 140,823
Stephanie replied on Tue, Dec 14 2010 6:11 AM | Locked

Brrrr! Dang it! 37 degrees outside down here today! At least it's still 60 in the house.

Marge, I'm not going anywhere until I see some sunshine!LOL. Since I haven't had the house rewired to keep the heat from kicking breakers, I have turned on the space heater by my chair and have all the lights on. So glad we had everyone come here yesterday and sand that wood for an upcoming job. It was windy and nippy but nothing like this. Hope it doesn't freeze  the orange crop for the poor farmers this year.

DH and I are taking the day off today. He has plans for "us" to fill out Christmas cards. I'll do the cards if he bakes chocolate chip cookies. Sounds like a fair trade.

And then I think I'll cut out the postage stamp block and see if I can get it pieced. It's the last one for me on this 2 weeks assignment. Love working on these.

Diane, So sorry that you're still not feeling well. Hope all goes well with sending the cards with a picture. I have done that before when something wouldn't be delivered on time and it worked out fine. Hopefully it will take some of the stress off you so that you can enjoy your holiday and above all, get well. 

Time for coffee, and some warm breakfast

Leslie, if you haven't left for work yet...hope the day goes quickly for you.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,650
Points 140,823
Stephanie replied on Tue, Dec 14 2010 6:13 AM | Locked

Barbara:
so with cappachino in hand I'm stopping here first then off to machine for awhile.

Sounds like a great plan!

Marge, Meee too. Didn't go back far enough to see the good news.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,314
Points 154,618
Marge (AKA Dimples) replied on Tue, Dec 14 2010 7:56 AM | Locked

Well when I was walking back into the house with bags of groceries, DH was dragging himself out of bed. :o}  Molly thought she was going to sneak out the door when i was carrying in but changed her mind when she felt how cold it was.  The dogs on the other hand are playing out in the yard.  I guess all that running around, chasing each other is warming them up. 

Glad to report that DH is feeling good this morning except for being a bit sore at the incision site.  He talked at length to his daughter in FL last night to put her mind at ease.  She works in a heart cath lab so she knows about the "bad news" stuff.  She was happy to hear the good news stuff in regards to her dad.  they talked so long, I hope they will have enough to talk about next week when he goes for his visit. 

Now that I have the shopping for the week out of the way, it is time to go back to the sewing room.  We are in doll clothes mode now.  Hoping to get a nice selection done for Dave to take to FL. 

Marge (AKA Dimples)

Griffin, GA

• | Post Points: 5
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,272
Points 35,195
Granny M replied on Tue, Dec 14 2010 8:08 AM | Locked

Leslie :

I like it when you girls can't sleep, for then I have company in the mornings when I'm up getting ready for work. lol

Leslie if I had known that I would have signed in earlier, I am usually up at 5 AM

Granny M

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,272
Points 35,195
Granny M replied on Tue, Dec 14 2010 8:15 AM | Locked

Marge / Stephanie

it is 6 degrees here this AM with wind chill of -3.  I am grateful my furnance is working ok, Marge, sending you some heat, did you catch it.  Everyone have a good day, from the posts it looks like everyone will be in the sewing room,  every notice the iron and steam tend to warm things up.

Diane feel better soon, Marge can't believe you get out so early shopping, I have to ease into the day and grocery shopping is not my favorite thing. Glad to hear you hubby is doing well. 

Everyone have a warm and happy day

Granny M

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,109
Points 109,590
chocake2 replied on Tue, Dec 14 2010 9:32 AM | Locked

NOt Me, Grammy... I don't got a sewing room.  I may well be att he kitchen table, tho. :)LOL

When I shuffled forth to face the day this AM, all of the lights were off except the Christmas tree lights. The boys were both crammed up in the big shipping box that came yesterday, giggling for all they were worth. "Open us now, Momma!!"

Now the bigs have gone off to school and I've had a cuppa. Still haven't turned on all the lights. It's grey and overcast this morning, but they say we'll have another warm day here. IF we get a freeze before the puddles disapate it's gonna be a real mess out there! The road past the house looks like a lake!Yesterday I even  got the laundry hung out on the line - In my shirt sleeves! It was wonderful not to even have to pull on a jacket.

Hope everyone has a fill good sew-full day!

Quilters are people who strip so they won't go topless.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,741
Points 436,790
Nana replied on Tue, Dec 14 2010 9:41 AM | Locked

Marge

Glad to hear that everything went well with Dave's procedure.  Sounds like you had a really long day.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,109
Points 109,590
chocake2 replied on Tue, Dec 14 2010 11:08 AM | Locked

Marge, my advice is to take today off, recovering from the stress of yesterday and basking in the good news. I'm glad Dave's OK!

Quilters are people who strip so they won't go topless.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,719
Points 419,689
gini replied on Tue, Dec 14 2010 11:31 AM | Locked

marge, i'm happy to hear dave is ok.

the lake, that used to be our snowy yard, is creeping out to meet the river.  thank goodness it is supposed to cool down tonight and start snowing again    igni

gini in north idaho

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,935
Points 258,630
QCA Admin replied on Tue, Dec 14 2010 2:58 PM | Locked

Hello,

We have retired this thread and have started a new thread here. This should help alleviate some of the errors, slowness and issues some of you have recently had with posting to this thread.

Thanks,

QCA Peg

Page 1040 of 1040 (15598 items) « First ... < Previous 1036 1037 1038 1039 1040 | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2015 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use