Page 1 of 1040 (15598 items) 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 15,597 Replies | 27 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,443
Points 127,624
Spudgrandma Posted: Wed, Aug 19 2009 9:44 AM | Locked

I hope to get to do some sewing today. Everything needs watered and the house could use a good cleaning. It sure stinks that all this stuff gets in the way of quilting!

I got my batting yesterday so I'm going to really try to finish the practice quilt on the frame and then take off the leaders I made and put on the new ones I bought. I think, and think is the operative word, I'm going to put the Fat 1/4 Breeze on the frame and quilt it. I hope I don't talk myself out of it.  It sure takes me a long time to make a decision no wonder I'm so slow at quilting. LOL

Life is like a quilt...bits & pieces, joy & sorrow, stitched with love

• | Post Points: 875
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,584
Points 54,526
Sandy H. replied on Wed, Aug 19 2009 9:55 AM | Locked

Spud, you're just cautious and I don't blame you.  It takes time and $$ to make our quilts and we want them to look good when we're done.  You'll know when you're ready to put a "real" quilt on the frame.

I hope to do some sewing today too.  Didn't get any done yesterday.  So far this morning I've been to the vet's office to pick up the cat's special food and to the feed store to get hay.  Now that I've unloaded the hay and finished cleaning the barn I'm ready for my 2nd shower of the day!  We're expecting quite a bit of rain later today as the remnants of tropical storm Ana pass through our area so no more outside work today.

I got my new F&P mag in the mail this morning so think I will sit down with my Pepsi and start reading.  That should motivate me to get sewing!  Have a great day all.

Southwest Florida

• | Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,443
Points 127,624
Spudgrandma replied on Wed, Aug 19 2009 10:04 AM | Locked

Thanks Sandy, I read about all the projects everyone is completing and start to feel like a slacker.  I did not use to be so cautious about things but as I mature (like the way I avoided the old reference) I seem to take more time to plan and decided how to proceed with things.

It sounds like you have put in a full day already, enjoy you magazine I looked through mine a bit last evening.

• | Post Points: 59
Not Ranked
Female
Posts 9
Points 390
Karen Kolodziejczak replied on Wed, Aug 19 2009 10:10 AM | Locked

It sounds like we could all use a few extra hours in the day doesn't it.  Does everyone get more done when they take classes or when they work at their own pace at home.  Just wondering??

• | Post Points: 185
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,443
Points 127,624
Spudgrandma replied on Wed, Aug 19 2009 10:13 AM | Locked

Karen Kolodziejczak:

It sounds like we could all use a few extra hours in the day doesn't it.  Does everyone get more done when they take classes or when they work at their own pace at home.  Just wondering??

The only quilting class I have taken was a FMQ class and it was just a couple of hours.  Do you get more done when taking a class?

• | Post Points: 50
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,443
Points 127,624
Spudgrandma replied on Wed, Aug 19 2009 10:15 AM | Locked

I'm having a hard time remembering who I have welcomed so I will just say Hi Karen and welcome to QCA, If I've already welcomed you just chalk it up to my blondness LOL

• | Post Points: 5
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,584
Points 54,526
Sandy H. replied on Wed, Aug 19 2009 10:18 AM | Locked

Karen Kolodziejczak:
Does everyone get more done when they take classes or when they work at their own pace at home.

I think I am more motivated to complete a class project, but I'm not sure if I enjoy that pressure as much as working at my own pace at home.  However, a class is a good way to give me a kick start if I begin to lose interest or become distracted by other hobbies.

Southwest Florida

• | Post Points: 35
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,540
Points 46,089
Helen Bell replied on Wed, Aug 19 2009 10:24 AM | Locked

well...I am doing laundry and cleaning but in between I keep coming to my sewing room and working on two pillows to match the "study in black and white and pink" quilt...also I got the binding on the oriental blossoms quilt and chatting on QCA...the computer is right beside my sewing machine

Ontario, Canada

• | Post Points: 20
Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 605
Points 14,486
Tammy replied on Wed, Aug 19 2009 10:39 AM | Locked

Spud---  Today I'm running!!  The Lions peaches came in last night so have been delivering to the people Hubby sold to. Not many just have to go to town--DARN!!   Stop at the LQS and talked with my friend there. Our club is having a quilt/ trunk show the 11th and 12th of September with Pat Knoechel doing the trunk show. Hopefully I'll be able to go this year.  Haven't made it to one for the last 2 yrs so I think I deserve to go and it's my responsibility as a member to help.  Can't just live for the farm!!!    Daughter has started Jr. High as of yesterday so have to pick her up everyday at 4:30 after volleyball practice. I think I need to retire from helping hubby cause I just can't do everything anymore. And how embarrassing for daughter if I have to pick her up in the old truck if I'm hauling corn!! That would be mortifying for her I'm sure. Oh, well, will do what I have to I guess.  Hope this finds everyone happy, eating chocolate and quilting!!

Tammy--NE.

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 116
Points 2,770
Trudy replied on Wed, Aug 19 2009 10:40 AM | Locked

Good Morning,

You girls make me want to take a day off of work to quilt.  I started a "cheater" panel quilt for my mom's bed last night (she is 84 and lives with me) because after making her new curtins this past weekend, the rest of her room needs a facelift.  The fabric is so pretty with these big giant roses and such a pretty border. I couldn't pass it up...only $1 a yard at our fabric warehouse.  So tonight I will go for a short run and then try to get the extra borders on it to make it a little wider.  She just loved the fabric.  This is what is all about...making our family smile!

I can hear your machines humming from here!

Trudy

Downey, CA

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 546
Points 11,066
Happy replied on Wed, Aug 19 2009 10:47 AM | Locked

Was do go to work 1-6 BUT got a call to come in at 11-6 so here I am the brother coming to help fix my wall from a linking pipe in up stair bath room

Happy

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,537
Points 416,944
gini replied on Wed, Aug 19 2009 11:17 AM | Locked

i have a few minutes before the crazies start here.    i was supposed to be quilting this week, non-stop.  the best laid plans...........      talked into golfing with the ladies, tomorrow, i usually avoid that.  so i have to go hit some balls today, that takes a couple hous out of my day.  

the automatic irrigation is out on one side of the house.  sam is gone and he changed the controls.  did not know that, and why couldn't he get the same kind if he wasn't going to show me how to work them?   cannot figure out how to rig it manually? so i've been watering everything by hand.  it is supposed to be 95 today, and the hanging pots need to be watered every few hours.   so i have to keep coming home for that.  

sam is planning a big trip for our 40th anniversary in october.  he is gone and a gazillion things need to be handled online, so we can book the trip next week.   it takes forever to  check everything out and talk to the guy on the other end.   i don't know if anyone has noticed but this computer sucks  time away.  

i stayed up until 2 am. keeping the pots watered, so in between waterings, i cut out enough teensy squares to do about 1000 more 1/4 inch flowers. ( i need my head examined,  i'm beginnning to think that this is not therapy.    these little things are causing a serious addiction.)   but,  i'm going to need quite a few, because we will be on an airplane for  days  on our trip.  and why is it, that when i tell people in the quilt shops about these little flowers,  they all laugh at me?   they're all quilters,  they should get that this is an addictive sport and sometime we can't help ourselves.  tell me truly now, should i let these little flowers fade into  ufo's?   or not?

the huge rainstorm last week created a leak around one of our windows, so i have one window everyone can see into in the dark.  we live in a condo, so i've been stressing over that plus there are two guys in and out of the house all day today.

o.k.   now i will take a deep breath.   i will find time to go to the studio, but i forgot again to get chocolate when i was in coeur d'alene.  might have to resort to a hershey's bar.   no i'll make one of those little cakes-in-a-mug.   still test driving the recipe.  : )   sounds like a good enough breakfast, huh.  

tomorrow after golf, i'll do some serious quilting, and friday i should have all day free. ( cross my fingers, knock on wood, and throw salt over my shoulder).       have a great day everone.   gini

gini in north idaho

• | Post Points: 65
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,700
Points 248,197
Thea replied on Wed, Aug 19 2009 11:31 AM | Locked

I am not sure yet what i will be up to today - I have the Cardinal quilt to start - the square in a square blocks can be made.  I cut out a Christmas snowman quilt last night - it is in a project box.  We have to dam up the side of the garden - all the peat moss and garden dirt that i have been building up washed out of the garden down the sidewalk and is sitting in a pile in the driveway. 

the storms have been relentless each night... I hurt so bad I just want to scream...the dogs wanted out this morning - Miss Abby was sniffing right in my face...lol... Jay wouln't get up - I tried - oh I tried so hard...finally with the help of my cane I got out to the hall and Miss Abby in her wildness knocked me down... so then - yep then DH decided that he would get up - I am square on the floor - Miss Abby is kissing me all over apologizing and she is turning inside out from needing to be let out the back door...

So she and Sissy were let out - the cats were fed and I am in my chair hoping that when i go to get up again my legs will like me - my fingers are sore and swollen... but after you hand bind 4 quilts they should be so I understand... but now no more binding to do so have to get to the sewing machine today...

I think another hot shower might get me moving - the hot water feels oh so good...the weather man says TSs still in the area... this is getting really old hearing TSs all night long.

I have to call NY and find out how Poppa is doing.  Karen told me to call if she hadn't called by 11 - now didn't know if she meant my time or hers so am just waiting a little longer so that they are through lunch.  

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,443
Points 127,624
Spudgrandma replied on Wed, Aug 19 2009 11:40 AM | Locked

Gini,

I think you need to take another breath.  Whew, you made me tired just reading. Have a good day and maybe  you can sew tomorrow. (((HUGS)))

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,443
Points 127,624
Spudgrandma replied on Wed, Aug 19 2009 11:44 AM | Locked

Althea,You sound way too busy also.

I think I'm just going to take it as it comes today. I need to go and get my pickup in town but have not figured out how to get there yet. They are rockchipping our road so I would like to get in and back before they actually put down any rocks.

• | Post Points: 305
Page 1 of 1040 (15598 items) 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use