Top 10 Posters

Prayer List

Page 46 of 75 (1124 items) « First ... < Previous 44 45 46 47 48 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 1,123 Replies | 23 Followers

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,654
Points 82,429

Adele~

You and your family on my list, too. I hope things work out well for you.

North of Boston MA

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,820
Points 248,549
Barbara replied on Wed, Oct 6 2010 10:32 AM

Adele,I thnk about you and your family everyday ,I know you are going thru a tuff time ,All of us have had to deal with somekind of life changing ordeal at one time. Just know you are not alone.Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,443
Points 127,624

I guess I have not been paying attention as I did I did not know about the prayer list.  I read back a few pages and have added you all to my prayers.... (((Hugs))))

Life is like a quilt...bits & pieces, joy & sorrow, stitched with love

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,687
Points 248,757
Thea replied on Wed, Oct 6 2010 1:10 PM

Nana:

Everyone I need prayers for my DH...Lewis.  He is scheduled for back surgery on Oct 28.  I am praying that all goes well and he recuperates fairly quickly.  He only has about 6 wks time that he can be off from work.   The last time they did back surgery he was off from work for 3 months.  There is no way our finances would survive that this time.  We no longer have credit cards....we found out a long time ago that those can really get a person in trouble.

Nana, I so wish we didn't have any credit cards either - but they did sustain us while Jay was laid off and it was hard... I am digging out a little at a time.

I pray for your DH Lewis that the back surgery is a breeze - they are doing more and more today with these surgeries - my SIL had hers and was back at work the next week... the first one she had she was off for at least 6 weeks... amazed me as I thought she was pushing too hard but there have been no set backs... just make sure he takes it easy and does not over do...

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 25,027
Points 369,907
Kris replied on Wed, Oct 6 2010 1:28 PM

Nana, I will pray for you and your DH.

• | Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,401
Points 119,611
Patti replied on Wed, Oct 6 2010 8:58 PM

Nana, praying for you and your DH, back surgery is always a little scary, because the result can vary.   My husband put it off for 10 years, and then it went so well that he wondered why he didn't do it earlier. 

Adele, keeping you and family in my prayers, your DH too. 

Barbara, ever since you shared that your DH has cancer, I have been praying for him and you too.

Thea, Kris, Diane, I am always praying for you as you deal with pain and chronic illness.  You are my heroes for the enthusiasm you continue to have in spite of your illnesses.  If, when, I have to deal with illness some day, I will draw strength just thinking about you.

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

• | Post Points: 50
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,654
Points 82,429

Thanks Patti~

We all have inner strength and I think we don't realize how strong we are. I am a fighter and I am not willing to give up yet. I have too many things to do in my life. I think God is using me to help others and maybe that is my purpose in this life. I am a case study in pulmonology and cardiology and have helped others with what we and doc have discovered and how to maintain or treat whatever pops up next.  God gave me the strength, the fighting spirit and the optomistic outlook and it carries me through. It has made me a stronger person. I've had to change a lot but there is still me inside and that can't be changed. So I'm keeping on as long as I can......I just have too many things I want to do!

North of Boston MA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,687
Points 248,757
Thea replied on Wed, Oct 6 2010 9:17 PM

Patti, thank you so much for praying for me - I really know these prayers are what keep me going each and every day - they allow me to smile when I just would really rather scream... so thank you very much!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,736
Points 437,195
Nana replied on Wed, Oct 6 2010 9:31 PM

Diane

You are an inspiration to alot of us.  I have chronic pain but so far the lungs and heart still do what they are supposed to.  I so agree with you that alot of dealing with any type of chronic illness is having the right mind set.  I will not let the pain keep me from doing things that I really want to do.  Sometimes I just have to do them alot slower than I used to....LOL>

I have a Drs. appt on Friday morning and I think it is time to discuss the medication regimen.  We started a new drug back in May ....it has lots of really nasty side effects.  I really don't see where it is doing any good so I see no reason to take it.  May have to try something else.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,654
Points 82,429

Nana~

A big knock on wood is that I don't have pain and have to suffer like so many of you do. Getting the meds right is the most difficult thing with an illness. You end up taking more meds to deal with the side affects. You know your body the best and there might be something new or better . Let us know how the doc appt. goes.

Our hardest part of all this is the correct balance and it's a very thin line. I get thrown off kilter so easily.  And I am totally dependent on oxygen which really inhibits my freedom. There's still something up with the 02. I have the neurology test on Monday so maybe that will show something. Still have pins and needles,,,,,it's as far as my chin and lips now. Weird!

North of Boston MA

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 379
Points 5,100
Annette replied on Wed, Oct 6 2010 10:39 PM

Don't know how I missed this thread.  My thoughts and prayers are with you all, that you all find peace and comfort in whatever rough path life might take you.  May God help you and guide you and bring you to a better paved road.  We may feel alone and troubled at times, but we never really are alone and tommorrow is another day.  Its really amazing how we all can reach out to each other and give one another virtual hugs.  Bless you all.  Wish we could all put out our arms and give each other a hug.

Annette

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,736
Points 437,195
Nana replied on Wed, Oct 6 2010 11:10 PM

Annette

Your hug and kind words have been gratefully recieved.  God bless you as well.  And you are so right....none of us ever have to walk the paths of life alone.  Thanks to Christ all is forgiven if we only ask.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 25,027
Points 369,907
Kris replied on Thu, Oct 7 2010 2:21 AM

Patti:
Thea, Kris, Diane, I am always praying for you as you deal with pain and chronic illness.  You are my heroes for the enthusiasm you continue to have in spite of your illnesses.  If, when, I have to deal with illness some day, I will draw strength just thinking about you.

Thanks Patti. All prayers are greatly appreciated. Like the others have said, you find a strength you never knew you had and you just carry on. No sense in letting the pain take over completely. I just have to know my limits and my body lets me know when I've reached. Makes me slow down and appreciate life that much more.

I have a doctor's appointment at 9AM. My first pain management session. We'll see how that goes..

• | Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 11,657
Points 136,077

I'm sending prayers  for everyone. All you Ladies have become a part of my life that I connect to every day, love and cherish you all.

[Ava, Missouri

• | Post Points: 35
Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 809
Points 12,424
Joan L. replied on Thu, Oct 7 2010 9:01 AM

All I can add is Amen       Joan

Page 46 of 75 (1124 items) « First ... < Previous 44 45 46 47 48 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use