Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 6 Replies | 3 Followers

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 11
Points 130
craftyneedle Posted: Wed, Jan 5 2011 2:39 PM

After Christmas, I usually store all my cards with  my decorations, but last year I sorted through them, then  "fussy cut" sections of them, then punched holes in a corner.  I tied  ribbon through them and had  great gift tags.   Mostly I would write "to" and "from" on the back, but some I could even write names on the front.

Ruth B., "crafty needle"

• | Post Points: 65
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,739
Points 436,625
Nana replied on Wed, Jan 5 2011 2:46 PM

Neat idea....thanks for sharing.

Vinton, Virginia

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 25,035
Points 369,002
Kris replied on Wed, Jan 5 2011 9:25 PM

Great tip.

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 66
Points 1,810

I love the idea.  Thanks for the idea.

Yellow Rose (Rosalie)

Yellow Rose

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Sun, Jan 23 2011 7:59 PM

craftyneedle:
but last year I sorted through them, then  "fussy cut" sections of them, then punched holes in a corner.  I tied  ribbon through them and had  great gift tags.

Take that idea one step further and you'll see how we did a grab bag gift exchange in our gardening club.  Everybody brought a wrapped gift, and then picked a "fussy cut" section from a recycled Christmas card from a basket.  While we ate dinner, the party committee attached the card fronts to each package.  After dinner, we had to match our fussy cut piece to the card it came from, and that was our gift.

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

• | Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,336
Points 113,510
Linny t replied on Sun, Jan 23 2011 8:57 PM

MNnancy:

craftyneedle:
but last year I sorted through them, then  "fussy cut" sections of them, then punched holes in a corner.  I tied  ribbon through them and had  great gift tags.

Take that idea one step further and you'll see how we did a grab bag gift exchange in our gardening club.  Everybody brought a wrapped gift, and then picked a "fussy cut" section from a recycled Christmas card from a basket.  While we ate dinner, the party committee attached the card fronts to each package.  After dinner, we had to match our fussy cut piece to the card it came from, and that was our gift.

I love these ideas.  I always hate to throw them out and just stick them in the box with the ornaments.  There they stay until they get yucky.

linny t

Linny T

• | Post Points: 20
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 295
Points 6,165
amber2009 replied on Sun, Jan 23 2011 9:32 PM

With Girl Scouts we have taken them and made placemats.

Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use