Page 1 of 4 (53 items) 1 2 3 4 Next > | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 52 Replies | 12 Followers

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 605
Points 14,486
Tammy Posted: Mon, Aug 17 2009 9:22 AM

Stopped at a fab/sewing shop this weekend and looked at the machines they sold.  Babylocks!!  Look like a wonderful machine and found out that Nancy Zieman and Eleanor Burns are spokeswomen for the company and have these machines.  They are so neat. They can sew a 3 corner tear without moving the fabric!!  They sew right, left and up & down!!  How cool!!  The new Aspire that EB uses is about $2200 which if you're going to invest in a good machine (with trade in) really isn't to bad. I'm batting around the idea---but just that!!

Any info. anyone??

Tammy--NE.

• | Post Points: 170
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,584
Points 54,511
Sandy H. replied on Mon, Aug 17 2009 10:16 AM

Hi Tammy, isn't it exciting to look at new machines.  I think Jodie Davis has a new Babylock and they are a QCA sponsor so check for discounts before you buy.  Check out this post https://www.quiltersclubofamerica.com/forums/t/1644.aspx .  There were several people talking about their BL.  I think it was Linda Lou who really raved about hers.

Southwest Florida

• | Post Points: 20
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,540
Points 46,089
Helen Bell replied on Mon, Aug 17 2009 10:52 AM

Hi Tammy...I'm a big Baby Lock fan...I have had my quilters choice for 2 years or so..and i love it!!!..I have used the fancier models too and they are amazing...they are a good quality machine...i think it was me that was really raving...not many people know about baby lock

Ontario, Canada

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,443
Points 127,589

How exciting Tammy.  Are you looking for a machine to piece with? What model Babylock did you look at. Remeber we are not satisified here with the basics we want details LOL

Life is like a quilt...bits & pieces, joy & sorrow, stitched with love

• | Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,445
Points 94,185
Judy Iliff replied on Mon, Aug 17 2009 11:49 AM

While I don't have a BL now, that was the machine I had before. I really did like it and it sewed well. The only reason I switched was because our LQS did not sell them, and T won't work on them. When you're as far away from everything as we are in this state, you go with the brand being sold locally. I think you wouldn't be disappointed at all with a new BL!

Gillette, WY

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,383
Points 360,902
Kris replied on Mon, Aug 17 2009 11:59 AM

I have a QCP. It's not my main machine. I use it on my quilting frame. It works well for that purpose.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,414
Points 61,767

Tammy--

Lucky you.  Don't have personal knowledge about BL, but have heard great things about them.  Be sure to keep us informed of your decision.

Kissimmee, FL

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 605
Points 14,486
Tammy replied on Mon, Aug 17 2009 12:58 PM

Spud and Everyone--  It was the Espire and man what a machine!!! Auto fabric sensor, USB Type B port, advanced needle threader and cutter, top load bobbin, 343, built in stitches, LCD screen, advanced pivot feature, mirror imaging, knee lift......... Again WoW!!!!!  I was impressed!!!

Tammy--NE.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,443
Points 127,589

You sound so excited Tammy, I hope you get it if that is what you want.  Nothing like a new machine to lift your spirits.  LOL

Life is like a quilt...bits & pieces, joy & sorrow, stitched with love

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,383
Points 360,902
Kris replied on Tue, Aug 18 2009 12:52 AM

Tammy:

Spud and Everyone--  It was the Espire and man what a machine!!! Auto fabric sensor, USB Type B port, advanced needle threader and cutter, top load bobbin, 343, built in stitches, LCD screen, advanced pivot feature, mirror imaging, knee lift......... Again WoW!!!!!  I was impressed!!!

Tammy--NE.

Tammy I saw a video of this machine some time ago. It really does look like a great machine. Let us know when/if you buy it.

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 465
Points 33,770

Hi Tammy,

Yes, I have the Espire, which is what we use on the show. It has some really neat features. For instance, you don't need to use the knee lift (even though one is supplied) becuase you can set it to automatically stop with the needle down AND the presser foot up--but not all the way. This makes so many things so much easier. The automatic sensor seems to work well too. I had zero problems with flannel. Just wish I had more time to sew with it!!!

My advice on buying a sewing machine is 1.Take what you usually sew to the shop and take some time to sew. It needs to have the features you want for the kind of sewing you do and the only way you'll know that is to seond sonme time with it. 2. You are also investing in a dealer. They are going to be the ones to help you out when you have questions (and we all have them!), so make sure they are service-oriented. We just shot at Byrne Sewing in Doylestown PA. A shop like that is reason enough to want to live there. Atlanta Sewing Center, likewise, has always been wonderful about supporting me. Doing #1 helps you determine this ;)

Have fun. Buying a sewing machine is so exciting!

~Jodie

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 546
Points 11,066
Happy replied on Tue, Aug 18 2009 10:04 PM

I have a baby lock encore I really like it

Happy

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 61
Points 705

Tammy,

I have the Baby Lock Espire. I love it. It's my third Baby Lock machine. I also have the Quilter's Choice and the Quilter's Professional. They are great. I love the features on the Espire. They usually go on sale during your local fair or qult show, thats what they do here anyway.

Happy quilting!

• | Post Points: 20
Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 605
Points 14,486
Tammy replied on Mon, Aug 24 2009 8:54 AM

Linda-- Will have to watch for that. I was really impressed with the machine though and don't get that way very often.  I would like to think I'm pretty self conscious when looking for a machine but this one just took my breathe away.

Tammy--NE.

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 605
Points 14,486
Tammy replied on Mon, Aug 24 2009 8:58 AM

Jodie-- Thanks for the advice. Question for you.  Would it be dumb on my part to buy a machine where the dealer is 2-1/2 hours away?  No one in my area deals in Babylock so would have to travel to the capital to have repairs or service done.   I don't just sew quilts but mend blue jeans also. The feature where you can sew up, down, right and left was awesome and would work great for that job.

Tammy--NE.

Page 1 of 4 (53 items) 1 2 3 4 Next > | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use