Page 1 of 3 (40 items) 1 2 3 Next > | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 39 Replies | 0 Followers

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 762
Points 9,954
Rhonnie Posted: Fri, Aug 14 2009 8:03 PM

I am sorry that I have been offline alot lately. I have enjoyed reading my emails from here. I have have to say it made me feel good that so many wondered about me. I thought I make it a post so those who wondered will know as well about where I have been hiding.

It started off with tractor club I am secretary for...we have 4 officers me being one of course. I had the unusally horrid luck of being the only officer at the last 3 pulls and which means I had my work plus tracks to get up and ready to pu

ll on. I have to say by the time we got to the 3rd one few of the guys caught on and would call and help me out. But I will pat myself on the back and say the pulls went off great and not a glich one in them. And geeze these guys were worried a female couldn'g handle such a job....oh yeah these guys only know my city girl side. I had to laugh being that I had drove tractors. and combines in and out of fields and pulled wagons and trailers. They were worried cause I not know how to drive a tractor or haul the stuff around for the sled and such. I think I left em rather shocked......giggles never underestimate the power of a female...

Then I have to be brutially honest my bf had some issues and went thru a short depression. It was over finances but thanks to me being a tight wad unless it is for fabric and the LQS. I was proveleged enough to be able to fix that but had to get things in line and sneak it done cause bf not like taking money from me even after 5 yrs. But had to keep him busy and moving so he not get too down. This all happened after being put in hostpital with his congestive heart failure, He had that wonderful overlaod of finances and the knowing coming of many dr bills. The doctor said the stress he had coulda caused it all to kick in...cause he is on his diet and dont even vary a bit from it., I did have a spout of my own slight depression issues from being over worked and under apprecaited ya know that female personality thing. But it not last long just wore out I think more than depressed if ya want my honest opinion.

I havent had alot of sewing time. I havent been even in my sewing area except to chill cause just cant think.

I have also been kidnapped...by tomatoes, green beans and peppers, I have spent hours and hours in garden or canning, dehydrating and such. Last night even I canned 28 pints of jalopenoes....that was just one of the harvest of em. I have to say each of the veggies give me time to get em all done...but I finish tonight and in morning the garden is saying pick me and filling my buckets to be processed. I know I hate it now but this winter I will love it and be glad I did. BF has congestive heart-failure so it will be great to control what he gets in his food. Plus who needs all that salt???

Anyway that is a rough idea of where I been and whats been going on......thanks for caring and making me laugh with checking emails......keep em coming

I'm a material girl....Want to see my fabric collection?

• | Post Points: 170
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,404
Points 361,172
Kris replied on Fri, Aug 14 2009 8:05 PM

Rhonnie! It's so good to "hear" you. Glad you're well and with us if you can't post often.

• | Post Points: 20
Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 762
Points 9,954
Rhonnie replied on Fri, Aug 14 2009 8:18 PM

I am getting a few things caught up and then I be back and being quiet again....giggles

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,201
Points 239,072
Thea replied on Fri, Aug 14 2009 8:45 PM

We sent many prayers your way - and I really missed your giggles - I was just getting used to having a new friend and you disappeared... I am very happy that all is okay - when I saw your name on earlier I thought I must be dreaming because right after that my computer froze up and  then you weren't there so thought it was just figment of my imagination.

I am very happy to hear all is okay.  Glad to have your giggles back!

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,445
Points 94,185
Judy Iliff replied on Sat, Aug 15 2009 12:03 AM

Hey, Rhonnie! Welcome back to the fold. We will keep the home fires burning while you can all your veggies. Better you than me, I think! LOL! While I'm concerned about your bf's congestive heart failure, I think he's lucky you were there and can keep him on the straight and narrow.

Check i when you can!

Gillette, WY

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,584
Points 54,511
Sandy H. replied on Sat, Aug 15 2009 9:48 AM

Rhonnie, welcome back.  Don't you dare worry us like that again!!!  We even had the QCA police looking for you.  Sorry your BF has not been feeling well and hope he on the road to recovery.  We're really glad to have you back.

Southwest Florida

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,443
Points 127,604

Rhonnie, I'm so glad you are back and okay, we were worried.

Life is like a quilt...bits & pieces, joy & sorrow, stitched with love

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,414
Points 61,767

Rhonnie--

Welcome "home".  We missed your humor.

Kissimmee, FL

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,299
Points 414,029
gini replied on Sun, Aug 16 2009 3:16 AM

rhonnie, it's good to hear your voice again.  i'm so sorry you're going through a rough patch. depression is awful to deal with.  i've had a few  bad times with depression.  fortunately i'm married to an eternal optomist, who is never down, although sometimes that can be depressing, having to deal with someone who's "up" all the time, when i'm not.  and no wonder your bf is depressed, CHF    is a debilitating, stressful disease.  anyway, just wanted you to know i'm thinking about you, and am glad you're back.   gini

gini in north idaho

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 77
Points 1,050

I'm glad your tomotoes are doing so well, my husband is sick overours. We had to pull out over tweenty tomotoes plants because the got that fungus that's out in this area so we only have 3 plants left. He is sick over it and so am I because of all the money he spend for them. Have fun canning all your vet.

Rose from Monongahela

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 605
Points 14,486
Tammy replied on Mon, Aug 17 2009 1:02 PM

Dearest Rhonnie/ aka  Giggles!!  I'm so glad you're back!!!  You definately have been busy!!  Glad your here and fine.

Love Ya,

Tammy--NE>

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,540
Points 46,089

Nice of you to check in Rhonnie...I missed your posts...I only have tomatoes to do this year as we have been away a lot and I didn't want to have to worry about veggies and most of all WEEDS!! they always seem to find their way into the veggie garden...happy canning and good luck with with everything

Ontario, Canada

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 168
Points 2,490
Carol L replied on Mon, Aug 17 2009 6:20 PM

Congrats,  u have been really productive.  Brings back memories - actually loved the harvesting, tho, and the rows and rows of canned goods just waiting for our use - or, as one yr when I received an unexpected crate of peaches.  Found several empty jars hidden behind other canned goods.  My oldest daughter really enjoyed those peaches!  Ymm.  She forgot how we would have enjoyed them, too.  She was under 10 yrs then. 

.  I'm sure u will sonn be able to get back to quilting therapy, even if for small sessions.  That really helps me - I actually get the jitters when staying away from quilting or sewing something for even a small time.  Glad u made it back.  No I didnt realize u were missing in action, cause I've been in and out of computer problems here.  Windows says it is messenger connectivity, but it is not as temporary as they keep telling me.  ;  )   So glad I get the emails so I can keep somewhat connected by reading those on my phone. 

Everyone have a wonderful pieceful day.

Carol L

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 61
Points 705

You really have been busy, Rhonnie! Be careful of the quilt police. It's no fun being in quilt prison. They don't even bring you any fat quarters.

Happy quilting!

• | Post Points: 35
Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 762
Points 9,954
Rhonnie replied on Wed, Sep 2 2009 1:24 AM

I just wanted to pop in and say wow I think the green beans are kidnapping me...lol. I have put up green beans, french beans and oh yeah dilly beans....I use to like green beans but I am now rethinking that idea...lol. I have still got garden going yet and I am shocked but my tomatoes still kicking. We had the blight that was going about earlier and still have couple plants looking sad but they still alive about 20% if plant but yet producing so I am letting them be for now. I have actually got to can my speg sauce and few other sauces I make. I canned about 36 pints of jalopenoes ummm we don't eat that many in well prob lifetime but oh well I have em canned anyway. I have dehydrated gr peppers, jalopenoes, tomatoes, okra, gr beans, and omw I forget what else....giggles....figured I would gicve ya'll the garden report for now.

Page 1 of 3 (40 items) 1 2 3 Next > | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use