Top 10 Posters

Singer Featherweight

Page 4 of 13 (194 items) « First ... < Previous 2 3 4 5 6 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 193 Replies | 11 Followers

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 171
Points 4,518
masufa replied on Mon, Sep 7 2009 10:13 PM

K, I only use my FW when going to class, I really should use it at home so I can get more used to it, my foot peddle it the one with a little button on one side that you push to make it go I have to take my shoes off and use my toe. Then it really takes off, I have to learn more control because right now it only has one speed FAST. I still love it. I have heard of all kinds of things people have used to get rid of the oder things like Dr. Schols ordor eater foot pads, bars of soap, charcoal, dryer sheets, ect.

Masufa

Masufa

Klamath Falls,OR

• | Post Points: 50
Not Ranked
Female
Posts 52
Points 1,135

I find I use my FW so often that I have to remind myself to use one of my other machines.  She is such a little trooper and I am sure that my FW is a she because she works so hard.  Her name is Francine FW.  I have seen Flossie and a couple of other names.  Are others as nutty as I am and have a name for your FW?

• | Post Points: 20
Not Ranked
Female
Posts 8
Points 56
velma replied on Thu, Sep 10 2009 11:43 AM

My first sewing machine was a Feather Weight.  My husband bought it at an aucton for $70.  He worked in heavy construction and back then I patched his heavy work clothes.  Am sorry I sold it to an antique dealer a few years ago for $250.  Thought then that was a good price till I heard later they were very collectable.  Wish I had it back now.  Hold onto yours.
Velma

• | Post Points: 5
Not Ranked
Posts 49
Points 740
kwhite51 replied on Sat, Sep 12 2009 11:34 PM

Mufsufa,  Are you sure that you are using the control foot the correct way?  The foot controll goes on the floor with the protruding end towards you and your toe or your ball of your foot goes on the moveable part and the other part is just there to steady your foot.  On a  different type of foot pedal I was using it wrong until I figured it out.

K White

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 171
Points 4,518
masufa replied on Sun, Sep 13 2009 5:41 PM

K, thanks I will give that a try, are you using your left or right foot?

Masufa

Klamath Falls,OR

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,445
Points 94,185

Post deleted!

Gillette, WY

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 171
Points 4,518
masufa replied on Sun, Sep 13 2009 10:14 PM

K, maybe we are talking about two different pedels here is what mine looks like the power cord comes from the back and the button you push in on the left, the one on the right doesn't move.Pardon the bare foot and you can tell by all the thread on the floor it was taken in my sewing room

Masufa

Klamath Falls,OR

• | Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,445
Points 94,185
Judy Iliff replied on Sun, Sep 13 2009 11:41 PM

Masufa,

I am so sorry! I totally lied to you - but I didn't mean to! The way I use the foot feet is exactly the way you have it. I do, however use my right foot, so I have the control with the ball of my foot rather than the outside edge you'd have if you used your right foot. The stationary piece, I think, allows you to have the control you're looking for. I can make mine go really, really slow!

Now, if I can, I'm going to delete what I wrote. I am so embarrassed! I had to get my FW out to look at it and see what I actually do.

Again, I apologize. :-(

BTW, your feet look a whole lot better than mine! It's nice to know, though, that others sew barefoot.

Gillette, WY

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,441
Points 127,549

Judy, I also  sew barefoot year around.  BTW, I also paint barefoot LOL

Life is like a quilt...bits & pieces, joy & sorrow, stitched with love

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,584
Points 54,511
Sandy H. replied on Mon, Sep 14 2009 9:38 AM

Boy I'm glad to know there are other barefoot sewers!  The first thing I do when I go to a class is take my shoes off and I'm usually the only one so I thought I was really weird.  Course I'm not sure that being in the same class with Spud and Judy make me un-weird!!

Southwest Florida

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 52
Points 1,135

Sandy,

I am with you!  I just plain love to go barefoot and sewing barefoot is the norm.  My Dad use to laugh because when we got home from church I took off my shoes before I took off my hat.  I don't think that routine has changed a bit.  I have always found that folks look at me funny when I take off my shoes in class but wearing shoes to sew feels awkward, sort of like sewing while wearing gloves! 

Thanks ladies for ensuring me I am OK!!!

Jo Ann

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,584
Points 54,511
Sandy H. replied on Mon, Sep 14 2009 9:50 AM

Yea!! another barefoot sewer.  Maybe we should take a poll?  Barefoot or not?

Southwest Florida

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,272
Points 413,654
gini replied on Mon, Sep 14 2009 10:26 AM

barefoot, only, can't work the pedal with shoes.   in classes i wear flipflops and only take one off to sew.   gini

gini in north idaho

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,414
Points 61,767

Sandy Hicks:

Yea!! another barefoot sewer.  Maybe we should take a poll?  Barefoot or not?

Barefoot except in cold weather, then socks.  Never shoes!

Kissimmee, FL

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,584
Points 54,511
Sandy H. replied on Mon, Sep 14 2009 11:37 AM

Ok, 6 barefoot sewers so far and none with shoes.

Southwest Florida

Page 4 of 13 (194 items) « First ... < Previous 2 3 4 5 6 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use