Page 13 of 13 (194 items) « First ... < Previous 9 10 11 12 13 | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 193 Replies | 11 Followers

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,445
Points 94,185
Judy Iliff replied on Sun, Nov 22 2009 11:50 PM

Welcome to the QCA forums, Roxie! The Seam Rippers sound like they're a lot of fun!

Gillette, WY

• | Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,414
Points 62,732

Roxie--

Your "Seam Rippers" group sounds like lots of fun.  Good for you.

Kissimmee, FL

Not Ranked
Posts 4
Points 65

My featherweight was made in 1937 and definitely shows its wear but, I'll tell you what, of my 3 machines, it's the most reliable and makes the most beautiful stitch and I wouldn't trade it for anything.

• | Post Points: 50
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,659
Points 435,535
Nana replied on Fri, Dec 4 2009 10:42 PM

leo15371@gmail.com:

My featherweight was made in 1937 and definitely shows its wear but, I'll tell you what, of my 3 machines, it's the most reliable and makes the most beautiful stitch and I wouldn't trade it for anything.

Leo I see that this is one of your first posts and I would like to welcome you to the forums.  Hope you will post more often and join the discussions.  We also love hearing about you and your quilts.  I don't have a Featherweight but I do have a Singer from the 1930's.  It makes a beautiful stitch but I could really use an owners manuel.  Someday soon I will get one since I have found them on ebay.  Singer made some beautiful machines.

Vinton, Virginia

• | Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,445
Points 94,185

leo15371, welcome to the QCA forums!

Gillette, WY

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 46
Points 875
TracyaR replied on Sat, Dec 5 2009 7:21 AM

Nana ... what model is your Singer?  You can get a lot of the manuals free online.  I do have a Singer Featherweight which shows it was used but the stitch is wonderful.  I also have a 301, 99 and a treadle.  They are wonderful machines and I prefer them to my newer computerized machine.

St Pete, FL

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,659
Points 435,535
Nana replied on Sat, Dec 5 2009 11:53 AM

TracyaR:

Nana ... what model is your Singer?  You can get a lot of the manuals free online.  I do have a Singer Featherweight which shows it was used but the stitch is wonderful.  I also have a 301, 99 and a treadle.  They are wonderful machines and I prefer them to my newer computerized machine.

TracyaR

I have a model 99.  I have found manuels for it just haven't taken time to order it.  Tried the Singer website but for some reason couldn't find that model.  My machine is in excellent condition and barely looks used.  Very wll taken care of by someone.  Found it at a yard sale and paid very little for it ...especially considering the condition.  Very pretty with all the gold work on the body and beautiful scrollwork on the endplate.  It also has the domed wooden case.  Very nice chatting with you and hope to see you more often.

Vinton, Virginia

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 46
Points 875
TracyaR replied on Sat, Dec 5 2009 7:25 PM

Nana

I have a copy I could email you if you are interested.  Just let me know and I'll be happy to.

St Pete, FL

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,659
Points 435,535
Nana replied on Sat, Dec 5 2009 7:28 PM

TracyaR:

Nana

I have a copy I could email you if you are interested.  Just let me know and I'll be happy to.

TracyaR

That would be great.  I'll friend you and send my email address.  If it doesn't go thru let me know.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 961
Points 11,961
Anita replied on Sat, Dec 5 2009 10:03 PM

Jo Ann Simmons:

I am probably way behind the times since I have been using my old machines for years, but I recently discovered the joys of a Singer Featherweight.  Of course I had to have one so now I have three old machines.  The Featherweight does the most beautiful straight stitching.  Anyone else have experience with these machines?

Jo Ann 

Hi JO Ann I totally agree with you ,love my 1957 Featherweight the stitches are just beautiful. My hubby bought one at a Quilt show half price. He collects  old sewing machines.  He also has  2x 301's and a 192 Singer Spartan,  many more, to many to list.  I had a hard time talking him out of  the feather weight.

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 961
Points 11,961
Anita replied on Sat, Dec 5 2009 10:13 PM

Leo I see that this is one of your first posts and I would like to welcome you to the forums.  I have a 1957 Featherweight love it.

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 171
Points 4,518
masufa replied on Sat, Dec 5 2009 10:48 PM

I love my FW I have two a 1964 white featherweight and a 1943 black featherweight. I almost sold the white a while back but the person backed out at the last minute I'm so glad they did because after I had time to think about it I decided I needed to keep it for a spare. I use the black one for class and guild meetings it sews so beautifully and the little 'klapity klap' noise it makes really gets you into a rhythm.

I found the black Fw at a garage sale for 50.00, paid much more for the other one.

Masufa

Klamath Falls,OR

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 961
Points 11,961
Anita replied on Sun, Dec 6 2009 3:35 PM

masufa:

I love my FW I have two a 1964 white featherweight and a 1943 black featherweight. I almost sold the white a while back but the person backed out at the last minute I'm so glad they did because after I had time to think about it I decided I needed to keep it for a spare. I use the black one for class and guild meetings it sews so beautifully and the little 'klapity klap' noise it makes really gets you into a rhythm.

I found the black Fw at a garage sale for 50.00, paid much more for the other one.

Great buy Masufa

Not Ranked
Posts 49
Points 740
kwhite51 replied on Thu, Feb 4 2010 10:41 PM

Lost everything I wrote.  I'm glad to be back.  Still don't have time to sew but I sure have the desire.  The sound of the machine would upset my daughter.  I'm thinking of getting out some hand sewing.  Maybe I'll work on a quilt.!  sounds like everyone is keeping busy.   Keep up the good work.                                                                                                                K White

Page 13 of 13 (194 items) « First ... < Previous 9 10 11 12 13 | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today Copyright ©2009-2014, Crafts Media, LLC ALL Rights Reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use