Page 1 of 1 (12 items) | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 11 Replies | 4 Followers

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 92
Points 2,678
Harolyn Posted: Sun, Dec 19 2010 4:08 PM
Hi Everyone, I am interested in finding people that have mid arms that you sit down while quilting. I have just purchased the new HQ Sweet Sixteen mid arm and would love to have others share their experiences. So with that said, I am trying to see if we have enough people that would be interested in a "mid arm" group. Hopefully Santa will bring me my new baby. Happy Holidays! I am already cookied out! Harolyn
MAKE EVERYDAY AN ADVENTURE!
  • | Post Points: 65
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 11,649
Points 135,942
Leslie replied on Sun, Dec 19 2010 6:28 PM

Congrats on your new baby, I'm jealous lol

[Ava, Missouri

• | Post Points: 5
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,265
Points 35,160
Granny M replied on Sun, Dec 19 2010 6:34 PM

Harolyn

I have been looking at quilting frames, long arms and the Sweet Sixteen.  I only wish I could afford one.   It is on my wish list for sure.  Lucky you.  Let us know your experience with it so those of us still wishing will have some idea what we are getting into.

Granny M

Not Ranked
Posts 6
Points 60

I am in the process of shopping for a midarm sitdown machine and leaning in the direction of Tin Lizzy .

The price range is good and 5yr warranty / 1yr labor and local dealer.  The measurments are 18x6 , compared to 16x8 with Sweet Sixteen but a better price point for home use. Send me some feed back on the HQ since you have had a chance to play with it, and my help my decision. 

Linda

• | Post Points: 20
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,057
Points 13,695
Carey replied on Fri, Sep 16 2011 11:24 AM

Yes, please do post your experiences and trials. I would love to be able to afford a mid arm but right now everything I look at is like above 1k and it will take me forever to even have the space for it in a 2 bedroom apartment let alone save for teh cost of it.

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,195
Points 24,070
Elizabeth replied on Fri, Sep 16 2011 12:17 PM

I just bought a Babylock Jewl mid arm.  I thought I wanted a sit down model but after trying them out I found I did want one with a fram.  I took everyones advice and measured my spaces that I though I wanted, turned out my livingroom worked best.  I looked for used machines for a while, ebay was the best.  Was careful about how used and was able to find a great deal on the machine I wanted that had never had a quilt quilted on it.  The owner was great.  I did end up spending $1,000.oo more than my limit but with all the extras included I did not have to go out and spend $1,000 on things I wanted.  Do lots of research and visit as many dealer as you can to find the model you like best.  Babylock and Handiquilter fit my budget best and had the things that were on the top of my want list.

Elizabeth

From Sunny Southern CA

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 92
Points 2,678
Happy Friday Everyone, I am just getting back from a 2 week vacation and my head is spinning! So sorry for the late reply. I love my HQ Sweet 16. I chose the sit down version since I have space limitations. I would love to post a quilt that I have done on my machine however I can't seem to be able to. I only tried the HQ at a show and knew I would love it. It came with a table and it was very easy to put together. The whole machine is so easy to use. Threading it and winding the bobbins are simple and then all I do is use gloves for traction and move my quilt around. I did a twin size not long ago and I must say it was a little difficult to manuver, however it turned out great. It takes alot of practice but I just love it. I did buy a few quilting books to show me how to feather,and do other stitches. Oh well whatever you choose you will love and let us know which one you get. Harolyn
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,057
Points 13,695
Carey replied on Sat, Sep 17 2011 7:09 PM

It will be a long time down the road unfortunately Funny thing my boyfriend was looking up model information for me lol but he knows it is down the road as well.

Not Ranked
Posts 2
Points 55
betsy01 replied on Thu, May 23 2013 1:44 PM

Did you ever get your answer regarding your Sweet 16 Machine.  I am thinking of getting one but would like to hear from other quilters who have used this machine.  Your answer would  be very helpful.  Thanks

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 92
Points 2,678
I LOVE my HQ Sweet Sixteen sit down mid arm. It is perfect for me. I make lots of baby and lap quilts. I do however like to trace my pattern on my quilt the best. I say go for it!
Not Ranked
Posts 3
Points 45
Quilty56 replied on Thu, May 23 2013 7:36 PM

Please enlighten me, when I watched a video of the sweet 16, it didn't look like that much more than what I have now....my Janome sewing machine and large quilt table.  I want a longarm but I just don't the space for it.  Looking for alternatives.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,057
Points 170,727
MNnancy replied on Thu, May 23 2013 9:23 PM

The HQ Sweet Sixteen has a large 16" throat.  I don't think your Janome is quite that long, is it?  I believe the new models have a stitch regulator, too.

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Page 1 of 1 (12 items) | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today Copyright ©2009-2014, Crafts Media, LLC ALL Rights Reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use