What are you up to today! #2

Page 99 of 256 (3830 items) « First ... < Previous 97 98 99 100 101 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 3,829 Replies | 38 Followers

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 402
Points 7,370
Valerie replied on Fri, Jan 21 2011 1:05 PM | Locked

Liz,

I listen to Charles Stanley from InTouch Ministries, Robert Morris with The Blessed Life, sometimes I listen to Andrew Wommack although I haven't for awhile, Living The Edge by Chip Ingram and several others.

Valerie

Woodbridge VA

• | Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,109
Points 109,590
chocake2 replied on Fri, Jan 21 2011 2:03 PM | Locked

Nudder busy morning here. Just how often must a person mop the floor and scrub the potty before they stay clean??

'Had to run over to the bank and meet with the loan officer today, too. She was most helpful. Now I know that we can probably manage payments on a larger home...

DD had a mid-day break in classes yesterday so she came home at lunch and worked on her quilt for a little bit. She decided to forgo the second border on the blocks and utilise sashing instead. LOL So far this quilt has evolved at least 4 times in the last 2 weeks...but she is making great strides at completing it, so I'm not going to complain! She swears that she's going to work on it this weekend and maybe get the top completed. It's a do-able goal... We'll see.

The wind has finally stopped. It looks like we may get snowed on before the day is over. It's grey and bleak. The breeze yesterday carried away all of our old snow and exposed the ice underneath. Parts of our yard could be used for a skating rink! It's scary.

Quilters are people who strip so they won't go topless.

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,314
Points 154,618
Marge (AKA Dimples) replied on Fri, Jan 21 2011 2:13 PM | Locked

Nana:
so that my laptop could stay at home.

He was going to take the laptop with him and I would have had to boot up Darth Vadar next week.  I don't mind using Darth except for the fact that I don't like his wireless mouse.  I'm used to a trac ball 'cause I used one at work for years ( and I have one hooked up to use with the laptop). 

He disconnected the battery back-up thingy that he bought on Weds, and Darth booted up with no probelm.  So he boxed up the battery thingy and we took a ride to town and returned it.  Had a nice lunch at Buffalo's.  Then we came back home.  He decided to take a walk and just came back in.  Now he tried to boot Darth back up and the same thing is happening.  Oops - looks like the battery thingy wasn't defective after all. :o{ Looks like Darth needs a trip to the computer doctor after all and I will be computerless for most of next week.  Rats!!   

Marge (AKA Dimples)

Griffin, GA

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,314
Points 154,618
Marge (AKA Dimples) replied on Fri, Jan 21 2011 2:19 PM | Locked

Valerie - trust me - I have plenty to do if I don't have a computer to play on next week while he is gone.  If you don't think so go over to the thread about sewing rooms and look at the stacks on my shelves. :o)  Plus I have a good sized stack of books waiting to be read.  I just KNOW what my inbox will look like if I don't clean it out for four days plus I will miss all of the fun here. 

Marge (AKA Dimples)

Griffin, GA

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 365
Points 4,075
Liz K replied on Fri, Jan 21 2011 2:22 PM | Locked

Thanks for the info Kris.

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 365
Points 4,075
Liz K replied on Fri, Jan 21 2011 2:35 PM | Locked

Listen to Charles Stanley my self and I like Chip Ingram.  Haven't heard much from Andrew Wommack and Robert Morris but I have heard of them.  I really Like John MacArthur, Kay Arthur, Charles Swindol, John Piper, James MacDonald, R. C. Sproul, and classics like Charles Spurgeon, Luther, Calvin, John Bunyun, Augustine, etc...  I also enjoy ItunesU and listen to classes from Reformed Theological Seminary, Covenant Theological Seminary, Biola, and the like.  I especially enjoy Church history.

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 16
Points 395
Steff replied on Fri, Jan 21 2011 2:53 PM | Locked

Wow, there is some great support here on the community. Nice to read.

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 626
Points 13,135
Rhonda Laws replied on Fri, Jan 21 2011 3:13 PM | Locked

Nana:

Rhonda

Sounds like you use Imitrex....hope it works and you feel better soon.   My oldest DD has migraines alot....they are truly horrible buggers.

Yes I do use Imitrex and most of the time 1 injection will take care of it but today it is a really hum dinger. The second one has made it bearable (sp?) but I still have what I refer to as the migraine hangover.

Cumberland Gap, TN

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 626
Points 13,135
Rhonda Laws replied on Fri, Jan 21 2011 3:16 PM | Locked

kim:

Rhonda I hope you feel better soon. Do you get migraines often?

Thank you Kim. I used to have them more often but I take a preventative and that has made a world of difference. The problem is that I am having some kind of issue with my neck for which I am having an MRI on Monday and that is what I believe is causing this onset. As Kris mentioned I have been having them very frequently lately. The injections are so expensive (even with insurance) that I try to suffer as long as I can. Two injections in one day is quite rare for me! I can't wait till we figure out what is going on.

Cumberland Gap, TN

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,872
Points 181,818
Marie replied on Fri, Jan 21 2011 3:47 PM | Locked

Kris how's your knee today?  Was getting to work a hassle?  It's stopped s--wing here and all is plowed.

Millbury, MA

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,139
Points 40,900
Marilyn B replied on Fri, Jan 21 2011 4:33 PM | Locked

Kris:

Liz,

go to Day Style Designs for free motion filler videos.

What a great site Kris, thank you for posting it.

Paris, Ontario

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 26,273
Points 389,722
Kris replied on Fri, Jan 21 2011 5:35 PM | Locked

Marie:
Kris how's your knee today?  Was getting to work a hassle?  It's stopped s--wing here and all is plowed.

I'm a little sore but no swelling thank goodness. The s**w has stopped here too (last time I checked) and getting to work wasn't bad. My neighbourhood is a mess but it was easy going once I made it to main street. 

I'm being swamped tonight. I've already seen seven patients in the past three hours and I have three more waiting for blood work before they come see me. I hope this means I won't be coming in too much on call overnight.

BTW,

I wrote tot he housekeeper's supervisor and got an apology.

• | Post Points: 65
Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 365
Points 4,075
Liz K replied on Fri, Jan 21 2011 5:47 PM | Locked

Kris:

Liz,

go to Day Style Designs for free motion filler videos

Thanks Kris.  I look forward to trying some of the designs out.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,872
Points 181,818
Marie replied on Fri, Jan 21 2011 6:57 PM | Locked

Kris I'm glad you wrote to her supervisor and got an apology, maybe she won't be doing that again to you or someone else.

I hope you won't get anymore calls after shift.  Have a good weekend.

Millbury, MA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,314
Points 154,618
Marge (AKA Dimples) replied on Fri, Jan 21 2011 7:07 PM | Locked

Kris:

I wrote tot he housekeeper's supervisor and got an apology.

Was the apology from the supervisor or the insensitive housekeeper? 

Marge (AKA Dimples)

Griffin, GA

Page 99 of 256 (3830 items) « First ... < Previous 97 98 99 100 101 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2016 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.