Top 10 Posters

What are you up to today! #2

Page 96 of 256 (3830 items) « First ... < Previous 94 95 96 97 98 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 3,829 Replies | 38 Followers

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,654
Points 82,429
Diane Morgan replied on Thu, Jan 20 2011 9:39 PM | Locked

Yikes Spike! I am so far behind!

Leslie~So sorry to hear about your daughter and her accident. Over your knee for sure...no seat belt and texting. No, no, no. I hope she is o.k. and it is too bad about the Trailblazer.

Marge~ I missed your birthday and I apologize! Happy belated to you. It sounds like you had a nice birthday.

Bev~Happy birthday to you, too. So how does it feel to be 16 again????

Elaine~Your MQ3 came out wonderful. Love the colors and the border.

Leslie~Your MQ3 came out wonderful. Love the colors and the border.

Mine is in the UFO pile!!!!!!!!

Kris~ Oh, no!!!!!!! I can't believe you fell again and re-hurt your knee. And I can't believe the cleaning lady laughed at you. I don't blame you for being angry. Throw her out in the snow. It's supposed to start up again soon and we are in the 8-10" zone. Have to admit I'm getting tired of these snow storms every two days.

CC~and the socks! Loved the missing socks stories from everyone. I have a drawer of orphaned socks that I go through once in a while and if it's been a while they get canned. Love the idea of "dirty socks" and get the kids to dust. Too funny!

Hi to everyone else. Going to bed......pumpkin time for me. I'll poke my head in tomorrow.

North of Boston MA

• | Post Points: 5
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,819
Points 43,839
Eileen replied on Thu, Jan 20 2011 9:41 PM | Locked

Leslie, you made a great border for your MQ3! I love the contrast (lighter border, darker quilt) and the design.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,727
Points 437,060
Nana replied on Thu, Jan 20 2011 9:42 PM | Locked

Steff

Your quilt is gorgeous.  I love the look of silks and brocades in quilts but they don't hold up as well as the cottons.  But that is ok....especially with wallhangings.

Vinton, Virginia

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,727
Points 437,060
Nana replied on Thu, Jan 20 2011 9:44 PM | Locked

Kris

How terrible.  I always hated working with some of housekeeping...leave wet spots or puddles and no signs.  Always made me mad too.  Luckily I never hurt myself.  If I had I may have mopped the floor with the housekeeper.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 3,771
Points 50,500
mars92 replied on Thu, Jan 20 2011 10:11 PM | Locked

Kris,

Unbelievable! I am so sorry-this happened to you and this yoho-has the nerve to laugh at you. What an incredible mean thing to do to someone after it was her fault!

I am so mad I can't even type w/o making a trillion typos--more than my usual number!  I can't believe -this idiot would leave a large puddle of water for someone to slip and fall especially at a hospital.

Just remember-what goes around comes around. Her day will come. Please take pics and share w/ us.  (I don't like people messin" w/ my friends)

Feel better soon.  I will pray for a speedy recovery for you --and you were just getting better. :(

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 16
Points 395
Steff replied on Thu, Jan 20 2011 10:28 PM | Locked

Thanks, I appreciate the kind words. I find that silk can be hard to work with and definitely would not ever put it into a quilt that I was going to wash... too finky.

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 16
Points 395
Steff replied on Thu, Jan 20 2011 10:34 PM | Locked

Hi Gini,

I do all sorts of different types of quilts. This past year alone I finished a king sized civil war reprodictions quilt, a simple modern large lap quilt (apparently large enough to fit on a queen bed), a number of smaller baby quilts, stuff with silk, a few minkee sorts of things... I don't really have a favorite though, I think it's the variety that I love so much. There is always something new and different! How about you? Do you have a speciality?

Steff

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,467
Points 416,899
gini replied on Thu, Jan 20 2011 11:50 PM | Locked

steff i love applique, but i do it all.   i usually find someplace to add a little applique to my pieced quilts    gini

gini in north idaho

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,467
Points 416,899
gini replied on Thu, Jan 20 2011 11:52 PM | Locked

kris, she laughed at you and she's still standing?  gini

gini in north idaho

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,955
Points 368,357
Kris replied on Fri, Jan 21 2011 2:04 AM | Locked

Gini,

I know. I should have taken her out. LOL.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,562
Points 139,613
Stephanie replied on Fri, Jan 21 2011 4:26 AM | Locked

Hi everyone,

Been a busy bee, not much time to post, but wanted to say  hi.

Leslie,

MQ3 looks great! Love the borders.

Steff,

Welcome. Pretty wallhanging with the silk and the leaves. I'm sure the picture doesn't do the beauty of the silk justice. Glad to have you join us. 

• | Post Points: 35
Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 626
Points 13,135
Rhonda Laws replied on Fri, Jan 21 2011 5:26 AM | Locked

OK Ladies I think it is time we rally together and go to Kris' location and show that houskeeper what quilters are made of - we will simply leave her in a puddle. Then when we are done we will make her a recovery quilt cuz we really are nice people...sorry bout your mishap Kris but we got yer back!

Cumberland Gap, TN

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,571
Points 30,609
Kelley replied on Fri, Jan 21 2011 7:56 AM | Locked

Hi Stephanie and All..... I too have been very busy, Been trying to catch up on all these posts.. wow many new people and lots of show n tell.. great stuff... Keep up the great work everyone... I am trying to work on UFO tops to get ready for my long arm in March..... I hope to have it March first , but well see... I hope everyone is well and warm.. Its really cold here in northern Ill... Schools closed.. but darn I have to work... Well wishes and prayers for everyone here and thier families...

Take care and keep sewing...

Kelley

• | Post Points: 35
Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 807
Points 12,424
Joan L. replied on Fri, Jan 21 2011 8:18 AM | Locked

Kris, Sorry about your accident. I completely understand. I had a bad fall from spilled milk on a white tile floor in a grocery store back in the 80's. That's why I'm disabled today. Hang in there girl and don't fail to stay up to date on the accident report.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,314
Points 154,598
Marge (AKA Dimples) replied on Fri, Jan 21 2011 8:52 AM | Locked

Kris - that housekeeping "person" (doens't deserve to be called a lady) should be written up.  Not putting a caution thingy out is one thing but laughing....... that is just WRONG!  Have you by chance had issues with this person before that she would be that cruel or is she just an insensitive clout? 

Marge (AKA Dimples)

Griffin, GA

Page 96 of 256 (3830 items) « First ... < Previous 94 95 96 97 98 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use