Top 10 Posters

What are you up to today! #2

Page 92 of 256 (3830 items) « First ... < Previous 90 91 92 93 94 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 3,829 Replies | 38 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,717
Points 436,735
Nana replied on Thu, Jan 20 2011 10:57 AM | Locked

Lizzy

Absolutely you deserve something nice.  I usually only get a happy birthday from my family as well.  But lots of times I go and get myself some lovely fabrics....LOL>   At least then I get what I really want.

You need to watch that font size lady....my bifocals don't work so good anymore...ROFLOL>

Vinton, Virginia

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,717
Points 436,735
Nana replied on Thu, Jan 20 2011 11:00 AM | Locked

Can  I just say that I think my son in law is an idiot...LOL>   He has been watching the "dog lady" on TV and has decided that she "knows all".....    Now he has decided that we should only put water out at feeding time....EXCUSE me.....  Do you only get thirsty at meal time?   I don' t think so.   I have had dogs all my life but suddenly I know nothing about raising pets....ROFLOL>

Vinton, Virginia

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,344
Points 414,784
gini replied on Thu, Jan 20 2011 11:02 AM | Locked

lizzy, great birthday song    gini

gini in north idaho

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,717
Points 436,735
Nana replied on Thu, Jan 20 2011 11:27 AM | Locked

Ok guys I just have to vent a little bit.   I have a sister in law that keeps asking me for a quilt.  But not any quilt will do.....it has to be a Baltimore Album style quilt.  Needless to say she hasn't gotten a quilt.   I love Baltimore Albums but I don't enjoy applique and those are lots of work.  If I won't make one for me or my daughters what makes her think I am going to make one for her.   Her comment when I said that I didn't make that style quilt and couldn't do the needle work required was ...." You have a sewing machine that will do it"......yeah right.   If that was all there was to making a quilt she can make it herself.   She has problems sewing on buttons...LOL>   Some people have no idea.......

Vinton, Virginia

• | Post Points: 50
Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 102
Points 1,835
Susan Smith replied on Thu, Jan 20 2011 11:35 AM | Locked

Oh... I know a few people on my list that have ther own Ideas of a quilt they have seen and say "can't you just make that for me??"  Free of course..  Free time, Free materials. and then the quilt disappears into their home & then they decide to change their color scheme ... and want another one.  Okay I can vent too!!!  But also they have no time to help...know anyone like that.???

Susan.....

• | Post Points: 5
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,394
Points 27,280
Ms MoomMist replied on Thu, Jan 20 2011 11:37 AM | Locked

Oh Nana,

It is obvious that she never heard the old proverb about giving a man a fish or teaching him to fish. I'd try that one on her if she were my S-I-L. Something like, oh that would be great if we both made a Baltimore Album quilt, we could do THEM together. LOL  You might be surprised at how fast she would drop the subject.

I've done that a couple of times and only once had a taker and she is my step sister-in-law. We get together almost every Wednesday now for the past 4 years and sew. We finished a Baltimore Album Quilt from Elly Sienkiewicz and now she is doing her first patchwork sampler. You never know what you can find out about a person when you give them a challenge.

Hope I have discouraged you. Just my dumb thoughts ROTFLMBO

xoxoxo,

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,394
Points 27,280
Ms MoomMist replied on Thu, Jan 20 2011 11:42 AM | Locked

Oh yes, I worked on the Ladies this morning. Got another ship appliqued and started the embroidery of the rigging. I'm only 2-1/2 months behind now lol

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,344
Points 414,784
gini replied on Thu, Jan 20 2011 11:51 AM | Locked

nana, i laugh and offer to show them how.   then i calculate on the spot how much time it takes to actually do the quilt and that usually stops them asking. you figure at least one month per block, times twelve then 2 months for the border, then it has to be put together, they need to be hand quilted, that's another few months, then the binding.   you're looking at  over a  year of time. and that means you get no other quilts done.  then offer to teach her again.   gini

gini in north idaho

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,717
Points 436,735
Nana replied on Thu, Jan 20 2011 12:02 PM | Locked

Gini

I am afraid this one wouldn't have a clue....LOL>   When it comes to anything vaguely domestic....except cleaning .....   she truly doesn't get it.   But that is ok.   Someday I may make her a quilt but it will be "my" quilt and what I enjoy doing not what she thinks it has to be.....ROFLOL>

Vinton, Virginia

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 365
Points 4,075
Liz K replied on Thu, Jan 20 2011 12:20 PM | Locked

I agree, offer to teacher her to quilt and show her how to applique.  You could also mention that she could purchase one herself and that the highest price ever paid for a quilt was an antique Baltimore Album - I am not sure the price but I believe it was well over $100,000.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,314
Points 154,598
Marge (AKA Dimples) replied on Thu, Jan 20 2011 12:39 PM | Locked

Chocake - thank you so much for the birthday song :o)  I had never heard that one before. 

Marge (AKA Dimples)

Griffin, GA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,314
Points 154,598
Marge (AKA Dimples) replied on Thu, Jan 20 2011 12:45 PM | Locked

chocake2:

Maybe a sock quilt is in order???

Now - wouldn't that be unique?  they do t-shirt quilts, why not socks?  I used to buy all kinds of funky socks like dogs, cats, hearts, etc.  Now I'm a white sock person.  As long as they are both white, who can tell if they were originally from different pairs. 

Marge (AKA Dimples)

Griffin, GA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,314
Points 154,598
Marge (AKA Dimples) replied on Thu, Jan 20 2011 12:51 PM | Locked

Now MoomMist - you need to take the pressure off yourself.  Two months behind my foot!  You are right on the time schedule that the Lord wants you to be.  When your ships are done then you can break out the champagne and have a "launch" party. 

Marge (AKA Dimples)

Griffin, GA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,314
Points 154,598
Marge (AKA Dimples) replied on Thu, Jan 20 2011 12:54 PM | Locked

Oh Lizzy -- thank you too for the birthday song. 

David, Celeste, Jaimie, and David Jr all came over last night after Celeste and jamie got back from Weds. activities at church.  They brought over a cake so we all celebrated.  I cut a chunk off what was left for Dave and me and sent the rest of it home with them.  Celeste also brought me some new potholders that she crocheted for me.  I had picked out my yarn for them last week when we went to JoAnn's. 

Marge (AKA Dimples)

Griffin, GA

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,784
Points 30,506
Joni replied on Thu, Jan 20 2011 1:42 PM | Locked

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhh!  I shoulda snuck over and got me a piece of that cake.  I love the cocolate ice cream cake from Ingles or Krogers.  My sisters and I always do that!

The MQ quilte is absolutely stunning.   I still haven't put the MQ1 together!

Page 92 of 256 (3830 items) « First ... < Previous 90 91 92 93 94 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use