Top 10 Posters

What are you up to today! #2

Page 91 of 256 (3830 items) « First ... < Previous 89 90 91 92 93 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 3,829 Replies | 38 Followers

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 3,771
Points 50,500
mars92 replied on Thu, Jan 20 2011 12:43 AM | Locked

Elaine.

Wow---your quilt isabsosulutely beatiful. you must be so proud of it and its finnally done

congrats!!!!!111!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!                                                                                --

• | Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 3,771
Points 50,500
mars92 replied on Thu, Jan 20 2011 12:48 AM | Locked

happy birthday marge and bev                                                                                                                                                                   marlene

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,544
Points 417,019
gini replied on Thu, Jan 20 2011 2:14 AM | Locked

elaine, your quilt turned out so beautiful     nice work    gini

gini in north idaho

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,544
Points 417,019
gini replied on Thu, Jan 20 2011 2:15 AM | Locked

happy birthday marge and bev, i hope you both had the bestest day ever   gini

gini in north idaho

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,544
Points 417,019
gini replied on Thu, Jan 20 2011 2:18 AM | Locked

cc,   i have never heard a birthday dirge before, so that's a first and a very funny first it was   gini

gini in north idaho

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,544
Points 417,019
gini replied on Thu, Jan 20 2011 2:25 AM | Locked

Leslie :

CC, I also hate sorting socks, and it never fails one always hides, and I find it after I have all the laundry done.

one?   ONE?   how do you end up with only one one-sock. i usually have at least 5-one-socks.   i now have two drawers full of one-socks.   they breed just like the metal hangers in my closet.   princess never wears a matched set of socks anymore.  she thinks this is normal.  well i rarely wear matched socks for that matter, but i only buy white or black so you can't tell.  periodically my daughter and i combine our one-socks to see if we can get some matching going on.   please leslie, let me in on the secret of how you keep your socks from going missing       gini

gini in north idaho

• | Post Points: 20
Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 626
Points 13,135
Rhonda Laws replied on Thu, Jan 20 2011 4:37 AM | Locked

Heres the trick...you throw away that stray sock! I keep it for about 2 -3 laundry cycles then if its mate does not appear in the garbage it goes. I simply do not save them. I used to but no more. I hate those stray socks and decided one day...I don't have to save them! SHSHSH don't tell the sock police!! They might call the quilt police then I will be hauled off for sure

Cumberland Gap, TN

• | Post Points: 50
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 11,657
Points 136,092
Leslie replied on Thu, Jan 20 2011 5:21 AM | Locked

Gini, thats one sock everytime I do laundry so mine add up also lol

[Ava, Missouri

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 626
Points 13,135
Rhonda Laws replied on Thu, Jan 20 2011 6:05 AM | Locked

I have a lot to do today...DD has decided to run for Basketball Homecoming Queen (Lord help us all). One of the requirements is that she raise $200 by selling stuff at school. So...I have to bake some cookies today to get her started. Then I have to talk to one of our restaurant suppliers to see if I can order some other stuff for her to sell.

Then...I have to finish my sewing room. My plans yesterday were unsuccessful because the doctor gave me a new med that threw me for a loop and I got NOTHING done yesterday but I have a handle on it today (I hope).

While doing that I have a couple of loads of laundry to do (and probably a stray sock or two to throw away). And a couple of baskets to put away (I am bad about folding them and putting them in baskets - I hate putting laundry away!!!)

OMG I forgot to report...yesterday I got notification that the ONLY  fabric store (not a Quilt Shop but close enough) is having a sale end of the bolt sale next week. If you buy what is left on the bolt you get 20% off....I am in BIG trouble!!!! Good thing DH never looks at the checkbook and it is end of the month which means first of the month (pay day) is just around the corner.

SO...in light of my plans...you should see pics of my improved sewing room by the end of the day...hopefully!

Cumberland Gap, TN

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 278
Points 5,200
kim replied on Thu, Jan 20 2011 7:20 AM | Locked

I end up with a lot of single socks also but I use them for dusting.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,270
Points 35,195
Granny M replied on Thu, Jan 20 2011 7:36 AM | Locked

Rhonda Laws:
Heres the trick...you throw away that stray sock!
  My trick is to make dog toys out of them.  Some I just tie a knot in the middle and some I get fancy with and stuff into a shape.  My dogs love them and it is cheaper than store toys.

Granny M

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,109
Points 109,590
chocake2 replied on Thu, Jan 20 2011 9:54 AM | Locked

OMG. I'm LMAO over the socks. Who knew it was a national epidemic!? 

I confess, I have a laundry basket full of un-matched socks sitting on my bedroom floor. Every few, uh, months (yeah, that's it!!)  I dump it out and attempt to make matches. Yesterday I realized that I had gobs of baby socks layering the bottom of the stack (Really, it was like sedimentary rock layers forming!!). Jr's definately too old for teeny tiny sweet little sockies, so I finally pitched them out. And with them went hubby's holey heels. It's amazing how empty my basket is....and how full the landfill is gonna be. Of course, now that I've given up on them, I'll find thier pairs. :D

Occasionally, when the kids are driving me absolutely bonkers, I give them each a ratty old sock and tell them it's time to play "Dirty Sox". They put them over thier hands and I spray them with furniture polish. Then I set the timer and they race around the house, dusting everything in reach. When the timer rings, they come back  and display their hands. The person with the dirtiest sock wins.  It's rather humbling how dusty they can get them...LOL  Occasionaly, hubby appears with a bemused look on his face, and enquires why his sock drawer always smells like Lemon Pledge. We don't tell. It's a secret...

Maybe a sock quilt is in order???

Quilters are people who strip so they won't go topless.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,544
Points 417,019
gini replied on Thu, Jan 20 2011 10:38 AM | Locked

Rhonda Laws:
Heres the trick...you throw away that stray sock! I keep it for about 2 -3 laundry cycles then if its mate does not appear in the garbage it goes.

rhonda, if it weren't for one-socks, princess and i would have no socks at all.   hey, that sounds like  a CW song?    gini

gini in north idaho

• | Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,741
Points 436,665
Nana replied on Thu, Jan 20 2011 10:39 AM | Locked

Gini

I can see you name in lights in Nashville with the new country top hit.  One Sock....yep has a ring to it.  ROFLOL>

Vinton, Virginia

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 365
Points 4,075
Liz K replied on Thu, Jan 20 2011 10:47 AM | Locked

I finally started buying most sock alike so it was not so difficult to sort.  I procrastinate doing them.

I found another birthday song you might like:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1snmhyhAsTc&feature=related  I thought it was pretty good.  Hopefully you get more than  I do on my birthday..  I am lucky if I get a "happy  birthday" wish from my husband let alone a cake or present.  I usually go fabric shopping to make up for it.  After all, I deserve something nice  don't I?

• | Post Points: 35
Page 91 of 256 (3830 items) « First ... < Previous 89 90 91 92 93 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use