Top 10 Posters

What are you up to today! #2

Page 6 of 256 (3830 items) « First ... < Previous 4 5 6 7 8 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 3,829 Replies | 38 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,659
Points 435,535
Nana replied on Thu, Dec 16 2010 5:50 PM | Locked

Gee Marge

There must not be enough cooking and baking going on in your house if you are losing weight.  Congratulations though.

Vinton, Virginia

• | Post Points: 5
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,138
Points 40,880
Marilyn B replied on Thu, Dec 16 2010 5:59 PM | Locked

Marge (AKA Dimples):
Only "down" thing was that since he removed a couple of polyps, I get to have another one in 3 years.
Sorry bout that one Marge, I feel for you, I get them yearly for the last 15 years and every other year for the 10 years before that.  The prep is the worst part but it is all worth it if they can get the polyps out.

Paris, Ontario

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,034
Points 108,660
chocake2 replied on Thu, Dec 16 2010 6:33 PM | Locked

Marge (AKA Dimples):
  I have also lost 4 pounds according to both of their scales.  Yippee --- and that's with the holiday season in full swing. 
OH sure. Rub it in.

Quilters are people who strip so they won't go topless.

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 11,649
Points 135,942
Leslie replied on Thu, Dec 16 2010 6:50 PM | Locked

Are you trying to lose weight Marge?  If your not I'm not going to be happy with you lol, I've been going to WW for 6 weeks now, and I'm only down 6 lbs.  Everyone else in the group is down 10 or 20,   Of course it could be the biscuits and gravy I keep eating LOL

[Ava, Missouri

• | Post Points: 35
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,265
Points 35,160
Granny M replied on Thu, Dec 16 2010 6:59 PM | Locked

Leslie / Barb

We got lucky, the freezing rain hit Louisville and kind of petered out before getting here.  Went up the far eastern part of the state and from what I hear was not to bad. We got snow, 5-6 inch of the stuff.  My driveway would make a good ski slope right now.  There was so much on the interstate that they pulled the crews from the rural roads, so our road did not get graded or salted until tonight.  Temp did not go above 25 degrees.  In fact this whole week has been cold, cold and more cold.  I am not going to complain, I am grateful we did not get the ice storm.  I am hoping that this snowing and blowing stops so I can get to the store for the rest of the things I need for Christmas dinner and to finish the candies.  The only good thing is that I have had lots of time to quilts. 

Hope your roads cleared up before you had to go to your appointment.

Granny M

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 11,649
Points 135,942
Leslie replied on Thu, Dec 16 2010 7:01 PM | Locked

I didn't have any trouble getting to work this morning, but when I got out of my car to go in the parking lot was slick, good thing I still had ahold of the car door lol.

[Ava, Missouri

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,265
Points 35,160
Granny M replied on Thu, Dec 16 2010 7:04 PM | Locked

Leslie

Glad you held on, broken hips or arms are no fun anytime, and even less at Christmas. 

Granny M

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,314
Points 154,598
Marge (AKA Dimples) replied on Thu, Dec 16 2010 7:36 PM | Locked

Leslie :
Are you trying to lose weight Marge?

When have I not been trying to lose weight.  It is the story of my life.  I started going to an endocrinologist a few  months back and she has been adjusting my thyroid medication.  That seems to be helping.  I have more energy too so I am gradually boosting the distance I walk with the dogs.  So far they haven't complained.  I'm a WW reject.  I did it years ago with my Mom.  We both hit our goal weight back then.  I also lost a bunch of weight after I got rid of first husband.  I'd say in the past ten years, it has been sneaking back onto my hips.  :o(  Maybe I will learn some more when I get to meet with the nutritionist.   

Nana - not much baking going on around here.  Dave isn't a big sweet eater so I haven't baked much since I connected with him.  You would have thought that alone would have made me lose weight.  NOT!  And Dave always says "I don't know why Hon, you don't eat that much"   I will be doing some cookies next week since the boys and their families will be here for Christmas.  The boys always check out the cookie jar when they come over. 

Marge (AKA Dimples)

Griffin, GA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,314
Points 154,598
Marge (AKA Dimples) replied on Thu, Dec 16 2010 7:38 PM | Locked

Man it  has just started pouring down rain here.  Good thing the temp is up since early in the week or this would be a blizzard!  Rain I can handle.  :o) 

Marge (AKA Dimples)

Griffin, GA

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 76
Points 1,330
Jacquelyn replied on Thu, Dec 16 2010 8:30 PM | Locked

Will buy more material and seal myself in the house until spring, look out the window at the cold and hibernate. Hope the snow holds off until my kids come in from Calif,I'll hold my breath until they get here and breath when they arrive-Jacquelyn

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 3,771
Points 50,500
mars92 replied on Thu, Dec 16 2010 9:54 PM | Locked

Rain in Arizona too-can you believe that-even took the power down when I was sewing- EEKS!!

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 3,771
Points 50,500
mars92 replied on Thu, Dec 16 2010 10:12 PM | Locked

Leslie

6 lbs is GREAT!!! Its better than gaining!!!! At least you're losing !!!  Now about those biscuits and gravy--are we talking -(sausage gravy-or gravy you make with Fried chicken-(I call it milk gravy-- 

This will make you ROTFLOL--when I was a child growing up in AZ-we had biscuits and milk gravy most of  the TIME.  My daddy was a southerner- he didn't like to sit down to a table without biscuits and gravy. I learned at an early age, if I didn't like anything else at the table I would always eat biscuits and gravy.

The kids next door would eat dinner w/ us sometimes and see the biscuits and "milk gravy"--this was LONG b4 anyone in Arizona even knew about biscuits and gravy.  They looked at me and my brother and said, WHAT"S THAT????  I looked at THEM, and said, BIScuits and MIlk Gravy, doncha know nothin??? Its the best thing in the world.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 23,826
Points 352,632
Kris replied on Thu, Dec 16 2010 10:50 PM | Locked

Hello All,

I've had  trying day. I went to bed after my morning greeting to Leslie but didn't manage to get more than an hour of sleep. Work was crazy again. More drunks and a repeat customer from last night that I didn't really like the first go round.

I didn't get much down time so didn't get dinner. I stopped at Wendy's on the way home and I'm now enjoying a frosty float, fries and chicken nuggets. Yay food. Once I get done here I'll (hopefully) crash for the night.

We had a very cold and windy day but the sun was out and clear skies as far as the eyes can see.

My friend in VA called to tell me that a man pulled a gun on her husband while he was driving home yesterday. How scary. He said he must have driven over 100mph to get home after that. 

One more work day and maybe I'll get some sewing done this weekend. I haven't done anything since Sunday.

Marge, I'm glad your test results were good.

• | Post Points: 50
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 3,771
Points 50,500
mars92 replied on Thu, Dec 16 2010 11:40 PM | Locked

Kris

OMG-your poor friend-that was awful-how scary- I don't even go out after dark-rarely.  I am so sorry that happened to her DH. I will keep them in my prayers-

And then you had repeat people at work to deal with-just what you didn't need. and no eating too.  Enjoy your Wendy's and get some rest. Be careful -my friend. Glad when the wknd comes and you can sew.

Hugs

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 23,826
Points 352,632
Kris replied on Fri, Dec 17 2010 12:14 AM | Locked

Thanks Marlene.

• | Post Points: 35
Page 6 of 256 (3830 items) « First ... < Previous 4 5 6 7 8 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today Copyright ©2009-2014, Crafts Media, LLC ALL Rights Reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use