Top 10 Posters

What are you up to today! #2

Page 5 of 256 (3830 items) « First ... < Previous 3 4 5 6 7 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 3,829 Replies | 38 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,728
Points 364,677
Kris replied on Thu, Dec 16 2010 2:34 AM | Locked

gini:
 wil and i played in our christmas recital tonight...and he told me that i didn't do too much squeeking this year, so i guess i have improved.

Gini,

I think it's wonderful you two do this together. I've said it before but I think you're the best grandma. 

gini:
we're getting colder and snow is in the forecast,  yes!!

Enjoy it. Remember to keep it out there.

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 11,653
Points 136,022
Leslie replied on Thu, Dec 16 2010 3:54 AM | Locked

We had freezing rain yesterday, YUCK YUCK and double YUCK, Started after I got home from work. Now this morning I get to see how much I'm going to slide trying to get to work.

[Ava, Missouri

• | Post Points: 50
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,728
Points 364,677
Kris replied on Thu, Dec 16 2010 4:16 AM | Locked

Good morning Leslie. Be careful out there.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 11,653
Points 136,022
Leslie replied on Thu, Dec 16 2010 4:38 AM | Locked

Good Morning Kris, Oh I will thanks, I'm a scaredy cat when it come to driving on this stuff, I go real slow that way if I slide off I don't hit too hard LOL

[Ava, Missouri

• | Post Points: 5
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,268
Points 35,185
Granny M replied on Thu, Dec 16 2010 5:33 AM | Locked

Leslie :

We had freezing rain yesterday, YUCK YUCK and double YUCK, Started after I got home from work. Now this morning I get to see how much I'm going to slide trying to get to work.

Good Morning Leslie,  be careful out there, it is suppose to hit here sometime today.  Not looking forward to it at all.

Granny M

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,139
Points 40,930
Marilyn B replied on Thu, Dec 16 2010 5:41 AM | Locked

Marge (AKA Dimples):
We had chocolate pudding and chocolate cake for breakfast.  YUM!!
Pudding and cake are good breakfast choices, they have eggs and milk and flour.  Sounds good to me.

Paris, Ontario

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,314
Points 154,598
Marge (AKA Dimples) replied on Thu, Dec 16 2010 7:47 AM | Locked

Marilyn - don't forget the caffine in the chocolate for your morning start!

Had freezing rain in the Atlanta area yesterday afternoon.  I hadn't seen the forecast so I was a bit surprised when it started sleeting on me a bit when the dogs and I were out walking.  We were very fortunate that all we had was a "spit" of sleet.  On the news last night, they were reporting weather related accidents on the hundreds for every county roughly north of I-20.  Even though we need moisture down here on the south side, I am happy everything stayed up there.  Todd called me on his way home from work around 7.  He and his partner for the day opted to forego their last job stop since the roads were deteriorating and his partner lives almost to the Alabama line.  Todd wanted the fellow to get home to his family.  It is supposed ti warm up later today.  Haven't heard how the morning rush hour is going as far as accidents.  I don't have to be to the GI doctor until 11 so I am hoping that warming up happens before then. 

Didn't get to my sewing until fairly late.  Our Sunday school class took on a needy family so I went shopping while I was out for my appt. yesterday.  WalMart had nothing that flipped my switch in the way of clothes for 2T, not one stuffed animal that I could find and nothing Dora the Explorer for the 2 yr old either.  I ended up at the Sock Shoppe (an outlet here in Griffin) where I found some little jeans and two long sleeved tops, a little leggings outfits, some wiener dog print  PJs, some socks and a REALLY soft bear - and only went over my planned budget by 18 cents!  I came home and wrapped it all in four packages so the little one will have lots to open.  I did finish the dress I was working on even though those tiny sleeves were giving me fits.  I have another one cut out and ready to start today.  I also have some "jeans" cut and little blouses to go with the jeans.  Hopefully I can get it all done to send with Dave next week.

Marge (AKA Dimples)

Griffin, GA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Thu, Dec 16 2010 8:08 AM | Locked

Leslie,We had freezing rain up KC way also but we didn't get it to bad . Very glad .I have to drive up to Indenpendce today and see the dentist,for my 6 mo cleaning..OH JOY,  Right now its just gray cloudy ,but I did hear we may see some sunshine before the day is over.I hope so when I get back DH has to go see his oncolgist today...So busy running day for us . Gonna try and do alittle sewing today ,maybe ,,Barabra

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

• | Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,314
Points 154,598
Marge (AKA Dimples) replied on Thu, Dec 16 2010 9:06 AM | Locked

Be careful out there on the roads ladies.  Don't want any of you to have a wreck right before Christmas ---- well, I don't want any of you to have a wreck ANYTIME!

Marge (AKA Dimples)

Griffin, GA

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,109
Points 109,590
chocake2 replied on Thu, Dec 16 2010 10:21 AM | Locked

Ditto that, Marge!

We have beautiful clear blue skies this morning. It's gonna be a gorgious day, a little on the cold side (mid-20's) and hopefully the wind will die down and I can fill the feeders today. We've had a pair of little Downy woodpeckers take up residence in the neighborhood. They're pretty little beggers with red top-knots. And boy do they  like the suet bells! LOL

Hubby has the day off. I think I'll  hog him all to myself today. Yesterday we took his Mom to the city to do a little shopping. She still hasn't ventured out to do it herself. Funny, years ago when I worked for her, she'd go months without leaving the house. After she retired, and no longer had everyone coming and going at the daycare, she must have started venturing out more because she was almost giddy about going to Walmart yesterday - saying it felt good to see something new (Ya think!?)  It's an hour drive for us to take her to town. She only lives 30 min out, but I suppose she's a little afraid of finding her way around. 

Evil me, I struck on an idea for getting her out of the house after the holidays. She's fussing about how she's "living on canned soup" (not true) and can't afford to eat out. She lives less then a block from the senior center (and all those 'old people") so we're getting her a gift certificate there so she can go out to eat once in a while. LOL I think she'll find she enjoys those 'old people' a lot, if she just goes and meets 'em.

I have an artist friend who has started a rabid campaign to get me back to painting. My e-mail is full of new tutorials almost every day. LOL I noticed a few subtle digs from the rest of the crew at our Assoc. Christmas party too, so perhaps I need to load up a brush and make a few strokes.                         Yeah...right. When do  I have time for that??

Tonight DD and I will finish our little stained glass nativities at the studio workshop. That'll be fun. DD's is coming out awfully cute. Mine? Well... Uh. Let's not go there...

Quilters are people who strip so they won't go topless.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,720
Points 436,870
Nana replied on Thu, Dec 16 2010 10:43 AM | Locked

Well I finally finished making umpteen phone calls so now I can hopefully start working on my quilt.  It has been snowing here since the wee hours of the morning and now we are getting sleet....yuck.  We have about 2 to 3 inches of snow on the ground and it is supposed to continue thru the day.  It is very pretty as long as you don't have to get out in it....the roads here are really nasty.   Hope everyone has a great day.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,139
Points 40,930
Marilyn B replied on Thu, Dec 16 2010 3:27 PM | Locked

Marge (AKA Dimples):
Marilyn - don't forget the caffine in the chocolate for your morning start!
:-( no chocolate in this house, we are all allergic.
Marge (AKA Dimples):
I don't have to be to the GI doctor until 11
Hope all goes well, Marge

Paris, Ontario

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 95
Points 3,625
elgato15 replied on Thu, Dec 16 2010 3:38 PM | Locked

Well I actually got a little sewing done!!!!  I have been making the Warm Window curtains for every room in my house.  I finished the 3 bedrooms last year.  Now I'm on to the long picture windows in the living and dining room. Got one finally sewn with the rings.  Tomorrow I'll run the cords through and put the hardware on the header.  At least I feel like I'm getting somewhere!

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,654
Points 82,429
Diane Morgan replied on Thu, Dec 16 2010 4:51 PM | Locked

Here I am.....accounted for. I did two mb's today. Yeah!  Wayne did another shipment......one mailbox cost $84 to go to Canada. Express mail but she was willing to spend the money. That's highway robbery in my book but she should have it in 3-5 business days.

Felt pretty o.k. today.  Knock on wood. I'll probably be in bed early again and I miss the night fun that goes on.

Kris~ I love your stocking story. It's a good idea to take out all your packages so there is room to put more. It's the never ending stocking!

North of Boston MA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,314
Points 154,598
Marge (AKA Dimples) replied on Thu, Dec 16 2010 5:36 PM | Locked

Diane Morgan:

Kris~ I love your stocking story. It's a good idea to take out all your packages so there is room to put more. It's the never ending stocking!

This sounds like a good plan to me, Kris.  Keep your options open with Santa. 

Well have had two good days of doctor visits.  My regulat doctor had the results of my bone density test and mammo and they were good.  Also since I have had more than 3 "good" paps in a row, I didn't have to have one of those.  Today at the GI guy, he told me the results from the colonoscopy and they were good.  Only "down" thing was that since he removed a couple of polyps, I get to have another one in 3 years.  Oh goody.  :o(  I also signed up for a health awareness day he is doing next month.  I will get to meet with their nutritionist and the whole nine yards for FREE.  Always a good price in my book.  I have also lost 4 pounds according to both of their scales.  Yippee --- and that's with the holiday season in full swing. 

Marge (AKA Dimples)

Griffin, GA

• | Post Points: 50
Page 5 of 256 (3830 items) « First ... < Previous 3 4 5 6 7 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use