What are you up to today! #2

Page 221 of 256 (3830 items) « First ... < Previous 219 220 221 222 223 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 3,829 Replies | 38 Followers

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,109
Points 109,605
chocake2 replied on Thu, Mar 10 2011 4:18 PM | Locked

Very Pretty blocks Carol.

Poor Joni.... Yucky old wind! . Our forcast for today reads like this:  WINDS: FOR THE BULK OF THE WARNING SUSTAINED SOUTHWEST TO WEST WINDS OF 30 TO 45 MPH ARE EXPECTED...WITH GUSTS UP TO 70 MPH AT TIMES.

It's a chinook, so everything is thawing FAST! We  have cautionary flood adviseries. And yes, I expect that breeze to blow your sloppy weather over the mountains and into my lap, Gini.  Then we'll really be on flood watch! Blech...   At least the wind isn't too awful this time.

Quilters are people who strip so they won't go topless.

• | Post Points: 35
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,227
Points 70,115
Robin replied on Thu, Mar 10 2011 9:51 PM | Locked

I love the Quilt Daddy blocks.  The colors are so rich.

The weather report from North Florida is colder than I like after the flowers have started blooming.  But I am thankful for the rain even thought DH said he was becoming a walking weather indicator at the tender age of 46. 

Hang in there everyone the real spring will be here before we know it.  Maybe by the time we set the clocks back.

• | Post Points: 5
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,476
Points 24,140
Elaine Phillips replied on Thu, Mar 10 2011 10:31 PM | Locked

Eileen:

Elaine, except for your fall (glad you weren't seriously hurt), it sounds like you had a great time at your retreat! Have you done any of the MQs here? How was it to do one "in person" compared to online?  I can't wait to see your finished quilt :-)

I have done MQ2 and MQ 3, and they were great fun. I think the thing about doing one in a group is you have all kinds of help right off the bat. And of course there are a whole group of us together that makes it great fun. We were all giving advice and getting advice. But I didn't come close to getting it done. It is a star quilt, and there are 4 large stars and 8 small stars in the body of the quilt, and 24 small stars (6" blocks) around for the border of the quilt. I will get it done eventually.

What did I do today? I decided I had better get my house in order. I just am recovering from left wrist surgery, and when I went in Monday to get my stitches out I found out from the MRI that I had done on my right shoulder that I have a rotator cuff tear. So next month I will be scheduling surgery for that, probably sometime in late April or early May, and I won't be able to do much for a while. I am going to hate being incapacitated for so long. I have way too much yard work to do. Of course, that is why I have a RCT, and a De Quevain's tendinitis. But that is beside the point. I may just have to hire a landscape person to do my yard.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,314
Points 154,618
Marge (AKA Dimples) replied on Fri, Mar 11 2011 7:52 AM | Locked

Well I am all packed up and ready to leave here in a few minutes.  First stop the LQS for a sew day with the other HS sewers.  Then it is off to Lawrenceville to spend the evening with my friend Dot.  Tomorrow will be spent at the Original Sewing and Quilting Expo ---- and meeting Cindy from Savannah!

I probably won't be back on line til Sunday.  Hopefully I will have some pictures to share with you all. 

Marge (AKA Dimples)

Griffin, GA

• | Post Points: 80
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,784
Points 30,506
Joni replied on Fri, Mar 11 2011 7:55 AM | Locked

Marge praying you have a fun and safe trip!

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 843
Points 18,935
Cindy replied on Fri, Mar 11 2011 8:05 AM | Locked

Marge,

My bags are packed and I'm ready to go...looking forward to the nice day.  See you tomorrow!

Cindy

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,901
Points 180,503
Marie replied on Fri, Mar 11 2011 9:45 AM | Locked

Marge have a fun time and give Cindy a hug from all of us.

Millbury, MA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,741
Points 436,330
Nana replied on Fri, Mar 11 2011 9:55 AM | Locked

Marge

Have a fun and safe trip.  You and Cindy enjoy your day.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,914
Points 420,739
gini replied on Fri, Mar 11 2011 10:35 AM | Locked

have enough fun for all of us, marge      gini

gini in north idaho

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 26,593
Points 392,282
Kris replied on Fri, Mar 11 2011 7:29 PM | Locked

Have fun Cindy and Marge. I'll be thinking of you both tomorrow.

I'm having a day. I'm in good spirits but I'm not feeling well. I'm a bit light headed and I have to move slowly. Remnants of the flu I suppose.

The ED is crammed but I'm not busy so I'm helping the Rad Tech with her films while checking in here. Michelle has given us a wonderful show in the SBS group. Very inspiring.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,277
Points 35,265
Granny M replied on Fri, Mar 11 2011 7:40 PM | Locked

Cindy, Marge, and quiltdaddy-have a great time at your shows.  I will be going to one here on the 19th.  Quiltdaddy how do you get so many quilts done?  I must be the worlds slowest sewer.  I just marvel at everything everyone is doing. 

Kris, I really hope you get to feeling better, seems like you have been really sick all winter.

I did do some quilting today but it is not turning out to be my best work.  I hate that when that happens.  Oh well, tomorrow is another day and I will be going to my Golden Girls club meeting and stopping to see the baby, talk to my mother and maybe get some quilting done.  I am so far behind on the FMQ practice. 

Love and hugs to all

Granny M

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,741
Points 436,330
Nana replied on Fri, Mar 11 2011 8:20 PM | Locked

Richard

Have a safe trip and a fun day at the quilt show.  Hope you sell everything you take.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,741
Points 436,330
Nana replied on Fri, Mar 11 2011 8:21 PM | Locked

Kris:
Michelle has given us a wonderful show in the SBS group. Very inspiring.

One of these days I am going to actually finish that silly quilt.....LOL>

Vinton, Virginia

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 3,771
Points 50,500
mars92 replied on Fri, Mar 11 2011 8:57 PM | Locked

Hi everyone

I won't be able to be on regularly yet but I did so want to come on and take a peek.  And I will never be able to catch up-

Granny M- the latest edition to your family --she's a beauty. When will she get her first toy sewing machine so she can make doll quilts?

Kris--Are you feeling any better? We gotta get better so we can quilt and play more with all our friends.

Diane-Where is she? I will check out FM board --too-

Marie-You're not brave- yes you are you are fearless!  Who started the Fear No More FM board and never looked back.

Marge-Cricket says hey to Mac and Autumn! And you know better than to give them anything w/ feathers or stuffing in it!   Have fun on your trip!!

Nana-Cricket and I watched the saddest movie- I can't remember the title- the man dies, and the dog goes to the train station and waits for him Still everyday, for 10 years or something. Omg. Do not see that movie unless you want to cry forever.

Gini-If you get someone to take Sam-can we do a twofer- I want them to take DS too.

Everyone that is taking a trip have fun-be careful-sell lots of quilts and come back to us.

I am exhausted -take care everyone.

• | Post Points: 65
Page 221 of 256 (3830 items) « First ... < Previous 219 220 221 222 223 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2017 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.