Top 10 Posters

What are you up to today! #2

Page 220 of 256 (3830 items) « First ... < Previous 218 219 220 221 222 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 3,829 Replies | 38 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 26,124
Points 386,837
Kris replied on Wed, Mar 9 2011 5:07 PM | Locked

Vivian :

Working:  anything that isn't quilting. 

Good one Vivian.

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 26,124
Points 386,837
Kris replied on Wed, Mar 9 2011 5:11 PM | Locked

What am I up to today?

Not much. I'm on the downside of a little burst of energy I had the past couple days. I feel dead on my feet. Luckily work has been easy today. 

I'm enjoying the conversations today.

Gini, I'd like to "borrow" Sam after Marie gets done with him. I need a little excitement. The food all sounds good. I'll take some of what everyone is having.

Maureen, is good to see you. Glad you're still with us. 

Chocake, I hope you've already hit base camp and had a great day.

Ms MoomMist, your feather looks great.

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,314
Points 154,618
Marge (AKA Dimples) replied on Wed, Mar 9 2011 6:11 PM | Locked

Elaine - other than falling on your face, it sounds like you had a great retreat. 

Marge (AKA Dimples)

Griffin, GA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,314
Points 154,618
Marge (AKA Dimples) replied on Wed, Mar 9 2011 6:35 PM | Locked

I was fortunate this morning.  Went into town to run all of my errands and the BAD rain held off until I had everything toted into the house.  The only thing that was left in the back of the Escape was the 40 lb bags of dog food and bird seed.  Molly decided she wanted out on the screen porch when I was bringing everything in.  That lasted until the rain started in earnest.  Once she heard that first thunder clap she was ready to come back inside.  Spent the afternoon pressing 75 tissue holders, writing out a list of stuff to look for at the sewing Expo this Sat., and hacking off 3 inches on the legs of Jaimie's PJ bottoms.  Also have to cut some off the top and do the elastic again.  I just measured her waist and hips - DUH!  Next time, I will adjust the pattern accordingly. 

David came over around 4 and we took the dogs out for a walk.  By the time I got back in, my shoes were squishing and the legs of my jeans were soaked about 5" up from the bottom.  David emptied out the car for me. That's what strong young men are for - right?  Back yard is full of  soggy "fluff".  David Jr. moved in with a buddy so David and Celeste have decided to do some redecorating in the kids rooms.  David Sr. decided to let Mac and Autumn have some throw pillows for their house.  Laying on them lasted about a hour and then the fun began!  I will have to wait until if dries out to clean up.  Oh well -- they had fun.   

Marge (AKA Dimples)

Griffin, GA

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,184
Points 69,195
Robin replied on Wed, Mar 9 2011 9:04 PM | Locked

Sunday on the road to go to a school mentoring workshop.....no quilting :(

Alone no one to understand my pain

Monday on the road at the school mentoring workshop, local quilt shop gone out of business. :(

With people who don't quilt, worst than being alone.

Tuesday back in classroom with crazy children, when one of the girls from the weekend bunch says "I'm having quilting withdrawals" 

Priceless  :)

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,824
Points 43,844
Eileen replied on Thu, Mar 10 2011 7:29 AM | Locked

Gini, I used to ski when I lived in Rochester, NY - my cousins who lived there at the time taught me. I never went down any real steep slopes, just steep enough to enjoy the "rush" of going down with my skis straight once :-)  I miss it but DH will never go & there aren't any places real close to Chicago for skiing! LOL Reading about your skiing adventures helps me remember mine!

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,824
Points 43,844
Eileen replied on Thu, Mar 10 2011 7:33 AM | Locked

Elaine, except for your fall (glad you weren't seriously hurt), it sounds like you had a great time at your retreat! Have you done any of the MQs here? How was it to do one "in person" compared to online?  I can't wait to see your finished quilt :-)

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,824
Points 43,844
Eileen replied on Thu, Mar 10 2011 7:40 AM | Locked

Maureen, welcome back :-)  I'm like you - I didn't take any classes until after I started making quilts.  Bargellos are gorgeous - have fun with the class & show us your finished product! Take your time when you sew & press - it'll help (I'm making my first Bargello, too, and I share your "skills"! LOL)

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,396
Points 27,170
Ms MoomMist replied on Thu, Mar 10 2011 9:13 AM | Locked

I checked out Lady Lake??? I think Pennock Album quilt pics in the media section and had asked what it was that is What is a Pennock Album Quilt. The question had already been asked by gini, and of course in my excitement, I didn't read that. Pennock is a pretty common name here in PA, so I was curious and this is what I found at Windham Fabrics:

Found this at Windham - cool pattern:

Pennock Album, c. 1840

The Pennock Album Quilt is thought to have been made by Isabelle Pennock Lukens for Sarah Wistar Pennock of Philadelphia and Chester County PA.

This quilt, which the fabric collection has been derived from, is a fine example of template piecing and includes a wide variety of early to mid 19th century printed cotton fabrics. Ink drawings and handwritten names decorate the squares along with the dates of 1842 and 1843.

The Quilt top is an important part of Chester County's vast quilting heritage. Elaborately pieced or appliquéd friendship quilts, vibrant crazy patterns, and plain utilitarian quilted bed covers are among the many quilts made in Chester County for the past 150 years.

Windham Fabrics is proud to work with the Chester County PA Historical Society, in bringing you this fine example of period fabrics.  We invite you to be innovative in your use of the Pennock quilt top as it appears in the museum's archives.

But alas cannot find the pattern anywhere. Found some cheater cloth a panel

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,109
Points 109,590
chocake2 replied on Thu, Mar 10 2011 10:24 AM | Locked

Another new day! This one dawned clear and bright. The kids wore jackets and tennies to school today. That's a big change from -7 on Monday! It looks like this chinook is going to blow in some nice temps for the rest of the week too. My little ice fisher might be in for a disappointing weekend. On the other side of that coin is that if the water opens up, we'll start to see birds migrating.  I love to watch the dawn fly off when the snow-geese come through. Of course tha tinvolves getting up at 5 so we can get to the game preserve before sunrise...That I don't like so well.

I took a bunch of beads to the bronze guy in exchange for his tutoring yesterday. He hurt his back somehow and had loaded up on pain meds. It was sorta funny to watch him sort of drift off in his little old fog when they hit bottom. We tucked my project out of the way for a bit (until DD finishes heres  and we can cast ours together), and then I sent him off to cruise through la-la land in the confort of his recliner.  Pray that he recovers quickly.

While I was making his beads I finally figured out what I am doing wrong with a design I really like, so I got some acceptable results on the new ones. I want to play some more with the technique. I know I won't master it anytime soon, but at least I'm starting to see improvement...

I hope all of you are able to fondle fabric today...and I don't mean folding laundry!

Quilters are people who strip so they won't go topless.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,768
Points 420,324
gini replied on Thu, Mar 10 2011 10:36 AM | Locked

we warmed up today and are getting heavy rain and wind.    i suspect it is heading your way, CC.   yippee, i don't have to ski today.  i am off to quilt land.        gini

gini in north idaho

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,784
Points 30,506
Joni replied on Thu, Mar 10 2011 10:59 AM | Locked

Windy?  Hrump!  The weinds have been at 20+mph...thought it would blow me off the road in my little Olds Achieva...staying inside now, hoping to cut out and sew a pair of pajamas...bottoms!  Birght sunshine, but the wind chill spoils any outdoor activity.  That's ok, I'm happy!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,741
Points 436,790
Nana replied on Thu, Mar 10 2011 11:14 AM | Locked

It has been raining here for what seems like 40 days and 40 nights....  yuck.   Really ready for some nice warm sunshine.  I got my orders from Home Sew and Evening Star Designs so I am fondling laces and satiny fabrics for a crazy quilt project....so fun.

Hope everyone has a great day.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 791
Points 20,075
Carol replied on Thu, Mar 10 2011 2:55 PM | Locked

Quilt Daddy--hope your machine problems don't slow you down on the McD twin quilts - here are my blocks, and thanks for the opportunity to help with this project!  The block is called "Morning Star" according to my source - it was one we were to make for Workshop this week so used it for this-hope it's OK, points not great on one,Sorry, no extra fabric for corrections!  Off to PO to send.

• | Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,314
Points 154,618
Marge (AKA Dimples) replied on Thu, Mar 10 2011 4:14 PM | Locked

Your blocks for Quilt Daddy are nice, Carol.  I didn't take pictures of mine.  I mailed mine off on Monday. 

Been a raw day here in GA.  Looks pretty until you open the door and the wind gets you.  Now we have big old gray clouds and it started to rain on me when I was walking the dogs.  Dave was coming out to walk when I was coming in and decided he didn't need to be out in the rain.  Chris, David and  Ed put all the tools away in David's shop and then it quit raining so they have started up work again.  It actually looks like a garage now - except there are no trusses / roof yet.  Old garage had one window on the front and a door with a window on the back.  New garage will have two windows on the front and a window plus a BIG door on the back with a window.  We are putting in a big door to make getting garden tools and such out easier.  The two overhead doors will have remote control openers.  Yeah!!! 

Been working on shorts for South America all day. 

Marge (AKA Dimples)

Griffin, GA

Page 220 of 256 (3830 items) « First ... < Previous 218 219 220 221 222 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2015 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.